Author Topic: Huge Update! Crisis, Art, Mana, Symphonic, Cross Tools, Azala, RD+, Bookmarks  (Read 5177 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Chrono Crisis's website is finished! Check it out at www.chrono-crisis.com. It features a very sleek and well-colored design; accolades go to D. Quinn. Hurry up and go check out the site-exclusive images they've posted! We've also got some new fan art. First are two pieces of Lucca from SentouRyoku: [ Girl with a Big Gun - Lucca - Faces ] Second, Glenn as a Frog by Raymond: [ Glenn ] Third, Frog by Azala: [ Frog ] Next, Chrono'99 was reviewing Children of Mana when he found something that seemed very like the Time Crash in Chrono Cross. I guess you can't keep Masato Kato away from time traveling stories! If you've played CoM, visit this thread and shed some light on the apparent plot similarity.

Though Djpretzel has banned CompyFox from OCReMix a second time for a simple argument in the remixing forum, CompyFox still plans at some time to release the Chrono Symphonic special edition tracks. Considering OCR's history of frivolous banning, inept moderators, and egomaniac judges, it's a mark of maturity that CompyFox is still going to appeal to the fans despite finishing a project sanctioned by those who unfairly treated him. Compy put in hours of serious hard work for the project (he's a professional studio man), leaving Symphonic one of the few bright spots among OCR site projects (largely considered to have peaked with the first, Protricity's Donkey Kong Country collaboration).

Here's some modification news! Terminus Traduction, who translated Chrono Cross into French and graciously provided us with the English script, have put up their translation tools for download. Grab it from the Compendium here. Perhaps we'll see a translation into German or Spanish now. Secondly, new forum member Azala has hit the ground running with a ROM hack to replace Crono with Azala, and eventually feature a new storyline with Azala as the protagonist. He's set up a thread here and may have a project forum coming soon. Finally, Freakyfrankie has started her own RMXP project: a remake of Radical Dreamers as an RPG. She's mapping and drawing right now, and provided that's completed she'll start soliciting event coding help. Find the project thread here.

Lastly, Chrono Trigger bookmarks made for promoting the '99 PSX release recently appeared on eBay for an exorbitant price, which is the first time the Compendium's ever seen 'em. I've added them to the merchandise pages here. Unfortunately, the person who posted it felt it necessary to idiotically plaster his site name in big text in the center of the image, effectively ruining it. He also retardedly tries to copyright the image to his website, despite the fact that it depicts Square Enix's intellectual property!  :?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 01:57:51 pm by ZeaLitY »

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
That Chrono Crisis website is an absolutely excellently designed one indeed. I love it, and the new content I hadn't seen before is great.

I'm really anxious to hear about Chrono Crisis' development, but I haven't heard anything about when it might be finished.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Wow...The site is absolutely amazing O_O

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums

I'm really anxious to hear about Chrono Crisis' development, but I haven't heard anything about when it might be finished.

I can field a Crisis question--it's been a looooong summer. The whole team has gone through some rough times. Take my summer: I went through about 3 jobs (seriously, three. The professional world hates me.). I... Don't mesh well with other adults, I guess you could say. I kind of keep to myself and do my own thing, and thus I guess they don't like me much. >___> Never mind that I restructured the files completely at the last place I was at, despite a filing cabinet friggin falling on me. My sis is also moving to the UK and so I've been driving from one side of Florida to the next with her, visiting her friends and whatnot.

>___> Summer's my off time anyway. All that sunlight. Bah.

Anyway, I gave up on getting a "normal" job and have thrown my fate into the winds. I'm a freelance graphic artist now, which has given me unlimited home time, as well as a lot of valuable experience. I'm making good progress now, and progress is picking up in other areas as well. That's not to say we didn't accomplish a lot over the summer as it was--the amount of graphics we have done is getting ridiculous. XD I can promise that we'll have a lot of good stuff to show in the future, though as always Chains is adamant about not showing too much, lest we ruin the game. Heh, I just can't wait until we release it and we get to see how you all like it. ^^

...that being said, we can't give a concrete release date. There are a lot of factors that play into it--things like this summer slow us down. If we have a good autumn (like last year) it'll speed us up. I'd like to have a release of some kind by spring 08, but there's a lot of stuff that could happen by then. We'll see how it goes. We're still a relatively young project in internet terms, and maybe the website will get us some much needed help (which will speed us up!). As long as we don't get C&Ded, it's aaaaall good.

I'm really glad you guys like the website. The original graphics for it were done by LightningStrike--I definitely want him to get kudos for it. The graphics were redesigned and programmed and whatnot by Daniel. Ah, Daniel... That website is quite possibly the last project I'll ever work on with him... Ah, time makes fools of us all.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Hah, there's some long-winded story behind every paragraph of your post. All under wraps, I take it!

Yeah, if there's a constant variable in what's been getting C&Dd, it's 3D. But it's also a website. Nonetheless, I don't think Crisis is anything to worry about, mainly because the site uses completely original art and involves a 2D project. If there's a C&D threat, it'd only come after some amazing release that reaches the far ends of the earth. And it probably won't even come then.

The Compendium's got a neato creative project I'm about to launch. It's nice to see the summer end so fruitfully.

Lena Andreia

• Porrean (+50)
  • Radical Dreamer
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Ark Forums
 Heh, I'm always long winded, it seems.

Knowing Square's love of graphics, they'll probably ignore us purely because we're 2D. Resurrection and the Remake Project were both awesome looking enough to confuse people that Square might really be releasing some sort of 3D remake. Square probably saw that, went "Oh no you didn't", and shut them down. I'm a little worried about Crisis too, but putting up the website is a final test, you could say. If we're still not killed after the website, then we'll probably be OK.

BTW, if we are C&Ded, we do have enough material to release it as an original game (albeit with parts that would obviously be reminiscent to the Chrono Series, for fans who know to look for them). So a C&D wouldn't kill Crisis completely. It'd make it... Interesting to fix, but it wouldn't be dead.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Looks like UCT2 updated their site as well. http://www.uct2.net/ . But what the hell is this?

Chrono Cross attempted to fill the void, however it did not satisfy a large percentage of the fans.

What the fuck? 1.5 million sales, rave reviews, and a small minority of critics equates to not satisfying Chrono Trigger fans at large?

Against this kind of foolery, even gods fight in vain. It's such a pain to deal with uninformed Cross hate. Because of crabby idiots and trolls, innocent fans get the idiotic idea that Cross was somehow a failure.

I'm going to include this mini-rant when I post a news update about this in a couple weeks.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Looks like UCT2 updated their site as well. http://www.uct2.net/ . But what the hell is this?

Chrono Cross attempted to fill the void, however it did not satisfy a large percentage of the fans.

What the fuck? 1.5 million sales, rave reviews, and a small minority of critics equates to not satisfying Chrono Trigger fans at large?

UCT2 are pulling bullshit biased opinions out of their asses. I hate all this 'Cross-bashing' so much, when the hell will people learn?

Kyronea

• View Profile
That project is going nowhere like most projects anyway. I pay them no heed.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
I've decided what to post for this year's Chrono Trigger's 12th birthday on August 22nd:

Kyronea

• View Profile
I've decided what to post for this year's Chrono Trigger's 12th birthday on August 22nd:

Don't be mean. Post something involving the whole Chrono Series.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
I fixed it.

But if you want the truth, we really don't have anything for the site's anniversary of CT's birthday, unless I go forward with the Dream Splash on that date.

I mean, in the past I'd always go hitch the FSW somewhere and throw out a bunch of high-combustible goodies, but there AREN'T any other active Chrono forums now other than GFaqs.

Those who are wise never doubt the power of the Wagon.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 05:05:35 pm by ZeaLitY »

Vehek

• View Profile
Trim out the white background if you really want to do such an obvious pasting into the picture.

Kyronea

• View Profile
Point there, Zeality.

Actually, you know what? Do post that picture. Post stuff entirely Cross related. I want to see Cross haters blood boil.

Darkshadw

• Porrean (+50)
  • RAWR!
    • View Profile
Nice updates! Congratulations to the Chrono Crisis team. Keep up the awesome work.

And yes... it's a shame dealing with corrupt (in MY opinion) video game remix sites. I agree that OC Remix is full of lame-o's. (Not to mention, VGMix is full of obnoxious, uncivilized retards. :)) For those who are wondering how CompFox was banned I located the thread right here: http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9628&page=27 Kudos for CompFox putting I support his efforts 100% for challenging the system. I'm looking forward to more of his musical work with the Chrono series.  8)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 05:12:33 pm by Darkshadw »