Author Topic: Oh come on...Smash Brothers again? :P  (Read 3440 times)

Mixmasta_K

• Porrean (+50)
  • T H I N K
    • View Profile
Oh come on...Smash Brothers again? :P
« on: October 11, 2007, 02:59:48 am »
Ok, I know this is a repeat topic, but I haven't seen much discussion on this while SSB: Brawl is in the works.

For those of you that don't check in at the official site, Sonic the Hedgehog has been recently added to the growing list of new challengers in brawl. Being the GameFAQs member that I am, this instantly brought Chrono to mind since he and Sonic have clashed in their 2006 edition of their Character Battle feature with Sonic somehow coming out on top. However, this is somewhat beside the point.

I know there have been a few threads a long while back trying to lobby users to try and get Chrono onto the challenger list for the upcoming game. The more I consider Chrono, the more I don't want him to represent the series. Harsh as that might sound, I think that if Chrono was chosen to be in Brawl, he would be a boring clone of Marth/Roy/Ike with one or two lightning moves. And when I say clone, I mean comparing Captain Falcon to Gannondorf in Melee.

However, if a member from the Chrono series did make it into the game, who else could it be?

I personally would have very high hopes for Lucca, since there are so many possibilities for unique creativity with her character(try the wondershot as a different kind of long-ranged energy weapon, her crazy inventions doing her dirty work, and of course--mini Robos!). I know a lot of people will want Frog/Glenn and/or Magus, but it could possibly be too cliche. They would make great assist trophies, along with Ozzie/Slash/Flea as a single trophy. Another good runner up would be a split between Dalton and Robo. I just want to see what Nintendo will do with them. XD

What do you guys think? Any RD/CC characters you want in there, too?

ChronoBlack

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Oh come on...Smash Brothers again? :P
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 02:30:55 pm »
Out of everyone. I can see Magus being the most likely next to Chrono to be put on SSB.
Counting Magus has the ability to do Ice Fire Lighting and Dark. Basicly a good replacement character to MewTwo made a little better.
I'm all up for Chrono. Because even if he played like Marth he would be the first one I want remade into 3D...Professionally.

Now if you where to ask me, "What are the Odds of Chrono Trigger being put up on Super Smash Brawl?" Well good sir. I would respond "20%"

If you look at the official SSB site and look at the Musicians that are contributing to it.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music01.html
You'll see Yasunori Mitsuda (PROCYON STUDIO CO., LTD.) - CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS
That being said every new Character and most old would need their own composer for when they have their own map their own theme song really. If you go down the list what 90% of the Composers did music to a game that a character is now in SSB.
Now they have the balls to put in SNAKE and SONIC. Have characters from Fire Emblem and EarthBound. Why not someone from Chrono? Also wouldn't it increase sales like they tried with Snake? I mean out of Chrono Trigger and Xenogears. I don't think Xenogears was the big of a building block for gaming.
Also tell me why on the site everything for Yasunori Mitsuda is capatalized? Another thing I'll probably place money and say that all the musicians on that list did a bit more then what was shortly credited to them. But it was because mainly it was related to SSB and thats why they where brought in. THINK ABOUT IT!

But oi why 20% of Chrono being in SSB? The fact that there is probably only 50% chance that they'll have a character from the Chrono / Xenogears. Cut that in half for each game = 25%. Because god hates me = 20%

And I say if Chrono is not in SSB I will kick someones balls just because having even the name of the game on the music list was too big of a cock tease to me. A big giant cock tease. Black size, but asian belonging cock tease!!!... SOMEBODY IS GONNA GET A HURT REAL BAD!!

This is ChronoBlack signing off saying "If you're in the U.S. My dollar is worth more then yours mother faka!" (ABout $1 Canadian = $1.01895 US right now) "Its just I don't have any"
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 02:37:56 pm by ChronoBlack »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 04:25:00 pm »
The challenger list has been closed for months. There's no chance of getting Chrono onto it.

Besides, SE would throw in Va'an before Chrono. But then again, it's up to whoever the fans voted for... Hm...

ChronoBlack

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 05:51:48 pm »
Yes it has been closed for months. But that doesn't stop Chrono from being on the list. Nor does it stop Megaman.
I mean we know a handful of some of the new challengers. But there are probabably like 2 dozen characters we don't know that may appear in that game. (Secret, Hidden, unlocked, w.e). I mean we might need to unlock Jiggly Puff for the 3rd time. Who knows. They did say they're going to take out a lot of the double characters. Kinda like Lugi & Dr Mario. Ganadolf (To Captain Falcon) Falco (Copy of Fox) Pichu (Pikachu) Kid Link. So there are gonna be a lot of free room. Thus probably a lot of new characters.

I mean doesn't Super Smash pick the biggest Characters from Nintendo?
Just looking at http://games.toptenreviews.com/list_ranking_snes.htm fan picked mind you. Or rated. All the same.
All we need is the top 10. Or top..2..Yeah!

Mixmasta_K

• Porrean (+50)
  • T H I N K
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 03:14:08 am »
Even if the list is closed, let's make this a 'humor me' kinda thread. You never know, they could have added something beforehand just to blow the eyeballs out of our heads.

Mitsuda isn't really a concrete link to a CT character in my opinion. I think the staff just wanted him there since he kicks so much ass when it comes to making music. Just my opinion though. :D

What I truly am hoping for is to have the online capabilities of the wii be able to download and install updates to the game. That means if it were possible, you can download more characters with wiipoints or whathaveyou. It sure would keep the game alive a bit longer. :lol:
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 04:14:06 pm by Mixmasta_K »

satchel_dawg

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 09:20:58 pm »
i hate to sound negative, but i doubt any chrono character will ever see the light of day in brawl or any Nintendo related system.

but if there was the possibility, i would say Lucca. oh what i would give to see her hit someone with the gate key.

sage

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 10:24:38 pm »
i hate to sound negative, but i doubt any chrono character will ever see the light of day in brawl or any Nintendo related system.

but if there was the possibility, i would say Lucca. oh what i would give to see her hit someone with the gate key.

I completely agree...Lucca would be an awesome character to add.  She has both her hammer and her gun for attacks.  The Gate key would be a fun smash ability as well.

Glennleo

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Glenn - The true Hero and weilder of the Masamune.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 11:09:39 pm »
If anyone would get in I would think it would be Crono.

And most likely he would be an AT. But we can always hope otherwise!  :)

Here's my idea for his AT move.

Basically comes out of the AT and begins to slowly rise. Little beams of green laser lights emanate from him, which can sort of hurt/flinch characters hit by them(think Master Hand). Then a brilliant dome of green light surrounds him just like in his Luminaire animation, and would damage similar to the way the new Smart Bomb works, but would have a greater knock back.

What do you guys think?

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 04:26:07 pm »
Frogs Splash attack, it would be absolutely funny to watch a huge frog falling from the sky into the players.

Mixmasta_K

• Porrean (+50)
  • T H I N K
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 04:24:39 pm »

I completely agree...Lucca would be an awesome character to add.  She has both her hammer and her gun for attacks.  The Gate key would be a fun smash ability as well.
Let's not forget the mini-Robos! Lucca would make the most innovative addition from the CT series IMO. :D

If anyone would get in I would think it would be Crono.

And most likely he would be an AT. But we can always hope otherwise!  :)

Here's my idea for his AT move.

Basically comes out of the AT and begins to slowly rise. Little beams of green laser lights emanate from him, which can sort of hurt/flinch characters hit by them(think Master Hand). Then a brilliant dome of green light surrounds him just like in his Luminaire animation, and would damage similar to the way the new Smart Bomb works, but would have a greater knock back.

What do you guys think?
I like it, but why green? I would expect most of Chrono's techs/magic to be yellow or white. :B
Besides that, perfect. I'd prefer Chrono to be an AT much more than I look forward to him becoming a Marth/Roy/Links clone with sky magic.

Blackcaped_imp>>You mean frog squash, right? Definitely awesome AT material. They can even make the damage greater as HP gets lower.  :lol:

Nobody has an idea for the CC/RD characters? You know Lynx's FeralCats tech would make an awesome final smash. :o
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 10:57:20 am by Mixmasta_K »

Blackcaped_imp

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 07:03:23 pm »
Yeah, i guess, some frozen flame stuff, changing bodies, ehhh, nope, it would be a lot of confusion anyway.

LatiasLord

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm not very useful, OK?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 10:21:22 pm »
My idea? Put someone in with a different kind of weapon. I don't think anybody in Melee used a dagger like Kid.

Mixmasta_K

• Porrean (+50)
  • T H I N K
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 04:48:52 am »
My idea? Put someone in with a different kind of weapon. I don't think anybody in Melee used a dagger like Kid.
I like the sound of that idea.

Mojo's nail would be very fun to use.  :lol:

LatiasLord

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm not very useful, OK?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 10:06:33 pm »
True, that.

Mitchr90

• Guardian (+100)
  • I am here to protest beauty pageant sexism
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 08:11:08 pm »
i think chrono would fit perfectly in terms of what moves are required
think of it if you will:
B-up = Spincut
Where he basically gets an extra boost, as well as dashes anyone with his sword on his way down
B-down = lightning
Similar to pikachu, but rather shoots a little further in front of him, making it more useful
B-left/right = slash
His sword launches a swift of air (or whatever it was) that damages anyone in its way
A+A-up+A-down = generic sword moves (but to chronos fasion)
A-left/right = swings twice (like when you get lucky using regular attack)
Final Smash = Luminaire
Basically, freeze everyone in their place, then cue luminaire sequence, and it could do like 300 damage to everyone making them extremely furnerable (they could even say '300' on each character like as if they were taking damage in the actual game)

so maybe i thought a little too much about it, but i would love to see a combination of 2 amazing game collide like that!