Author Topic: Chrono Cross 2D??  (Read 3457 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Chrono Cross 2D??
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 08:27:35 pm »
How is it slightly different? It's a hack with the intention of remaking a copyrighted game. That's exactly what you said.

But yeah, it'd be hard to simply make it into a CT Hack, which it's probably best not to even try...but otherwise it could be done (with a lot of talent, dedication & patience, of course) without sacrificing story.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 09:50:27 pm »
retranslations are different because its basically the same game, except with script, location, teck, and other differences. all that is doing is putting in translated script.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 11:32:40 pm »
& all they were doing was changing the graphics: that's just like one peripheral, the same as a retranslation.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 09:16:24 am »
whatever :lol:

i guess the probabilty of getting a cease and desist is low, but you never know, square could legally shut any project down that they see harmful.

for the most part a cc in 2d would be awesome.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Nazarene Hebrew, Tribe of Dan, of Yisra'el; YHWH..
    • View Profile
    • NeptuneNavigator2001's Website in Progress!
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 03:02:59 am »
Hmm...  I'd be slightly intrigued, but I'm pretty content to leave Chrono Cross as it is.  (Not to put a damper on someone's idea...)  But, yeah, I could almost certainly see it getting a Cease and Desist order, since it's a remake of the same game.  A retranslation, on the other hand...  That's quite different...