Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Pre-Release!  (Read 4967 times)

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Pre-Release!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 12:06:29 pm »
025E34 seems to be the pre-release equivalent to those routines.
Here's what my previous screen looks like now, without having re-formated the script.

[attachment deleted by admin]

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 05:59:50 pm »
Hey, if you guys are serious about translating, consider ripping all the text directly from the ROM. I probably won't be able to do it soon, but at some point I'd make an Excel spreadsheet like the Retranslation comprehensive script that will allow us to narrow down all the different lines. I know we can access the ones used in events right now, but I'm worried that there might be some dialogue we'd miss in that event.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 09:15:48 pm »
That'd be nice to do.  I've been needing translations for items and techs...since some single/double/triple techs that aren't in the final are in the pre-release.

AkNerd

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 11:40:02 pm »
i know this might sound like an annoying question but im curious. what are you guys doing?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2008, 12:41:38 am »
Translating the pre-release into English.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 04:49:49 am »
Is the only difference between the pre-release's table and the JPN final's table the substrings?

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 07:51:02 am »
The final 5 02Fx kanji, no Epoch name in pre (a substring is in its place), substrings up to 3F, and no 12xx substrings in pre.

I think that's all of it but you should check the Translation Project in TF to verify.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 03:47:24 pm »
I also just realized while messing with the pre-release more, apparently the width of the naming table is longer by 2 letters then in the final.  I was able to expand the table to be A-L at the top but it would end at J...so I'd have to find a way to expand the width out there and have it reroute to that area. 

I've also been trying to figure out how to implent the 2nd naming screen more as well.  I believe I found the area to edit the 2nd naming screen but i'd have to reconfirm it later.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 09:05:03 pm »
Sorry to bring up a very old dead topic...but I decided to go smack into the Pre-release again and found out this!

- Apparently 3 digit MP WAS planned.  It works in battle as well.  It doesn't show up in the tech menu though, but it shows up in everything else.  I don't remember anyone ever mentioning this, so I decided to post it out there.  I'm also going to post a video of pre-release techs and what-not as well.