Author Topic: Tower of Geddon - COMPANY 2400 - Arris Dome  (Read 23291 times)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Tower of Geddon - COMPANY 2400 - Arris Dome
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2006, 03:58:37 pm »
I don't think the Time Devourer can talk anyway.

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~catchRBFivy
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2006, 06:58:48 pm »
I thought that it may be Schala somehow.  She does have half a mind bent on destroying the space-time continuum and half a mind that risked a dimensional split to save one little boy crying.  That fits with the nondescript quote.  But I think the FATE argument makes more sense being as I cannot explain how Schala could even communicate from the DBT anyhow.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2006, 03:33:42 am »
Quote from: CatchRBFivy
But I think the FATE argument makes more sense being as I cannot explain how Schala could even communicate from the DBT anyhow.

You could argue the magnetic storm Schala created was a form of communication... or if not, if she was able to do that, she would certainly be able to communicate.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2006, 04:45:54 am »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
But I think the FATE argument makes more sense being as I cannot explain how Schala could even communicate from the DBT anyhow.

You could argue the magnetic storm Schala created was a form of communication... or if not, if she was able to do that, she would certainly be able to communicate.

The Storm was actually her trying to free herself from Lavos. At that same point, she heard Serge crying and the whole sea storm thing was cast along side with the magnetic storm above Chronopolis.

Also, Schala communicates through the Flame, it seems most likely, especially when the Flame beckoned Wazuki to bring Serge to it to be healed. That sounds like Schala to me.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2006, 11:02:25 am »
def

it was explained in certain parts, especially at Opassa in the end

it was no doubt Schala who created the storm through her struggle with Lavos

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 11:08:07 am »
Ok, so we have a guess as to how it could be Schala talking now that we straightened out a somewhat plausible reason.   That leaves FATE.  How would FATE communicate like that?  Doesn't it communicate through the save points? (sorry I tried to remember what they're called.)  All throughout, FATE either spoke through those or Lynx and neither is present at ground Zero.  

I guess it does make a little more sense for it to be Schala and not FATE speaking since I don't understand how FATE could speak at that point.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 11:10:29 am »
the key to understanding is in the text, with lots of interpretation :wink:

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2006, 11:11:38 am »
that helps...

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2006, 05:12:55 pm »
no seriously

that's wat makes an rpg and rpg

reading makes up about maybe 50% of it all

before the Opassa Beach scence at the end and even before that, you are briefed that it was Schala who heard Serge crying and that it was Schala who made the magnetic storm that took FATE offline which is incredible

she took pity on such innocense

but what i don't understand, is why Serge? was it because he was near a point where Schala could "hear" ?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2006, 06:04:08 pm »
Yes, but you do have to remember. FATE realised what was going on. And at tha moment must have mustered a lot of it's power, which would give it a brief physical presence in Home World so it could speak, and then the Dead Sea was forced to be destroyed.

CatchRBFivy

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2006, 11:10:52 am »
Quote from: Magus22
no seriously

that's wat makes an rpg and rpg

reading makes up about maybe 50% of it all

before the Opassa Beach scence at the end and even before that, you are briefed that it was Schala who heard Serge crying and that it was Schala who made the magnetic storm that took FATE offline which is incredible

she took pity on such innocense

but what i don't understand, is why Serge? was it because he was near a point where Schala could "hear" ?

No, I do understand, you do not.  I was the one who brought up the "Schala loves Serge" (not romanticly of course) topic.

the key to understanding is in the text, with lots of interpretation Wink

Of course, it is, but saying that doesn't help.  Don't make empty posts.  Either attempt to resolve an issue, or ask a question.  Onward...

Yes, but you do have to remember. FATE realised what was going on. And at tha moment must have mustered a lot of it's power, which would give it a brief physical presence in Home World so it could speak, and then the Dead Sea was forced to be destroyed.

That could be true, but maybe with a little more proof.  There may be a connection through Miguel.  He IS the one FATE chose as the guardian of the dead sea or whatever he was.  Gatekeeper?  Perhaps FATE has a weak, communication link by those means.  It could even be telepathic since we don't know for sure where it is coming from and the party is even confused as to where it originated from.  Those little children maybe be telepathic as well since they have no text boxes and such, but thats just goofy.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2006, 10:04:07 pm »
No, I do understand, you do not.  I was the one who brought up the "Schala loves Serge" (not romanticly of course) topic.

^ ^ before my time on this board . . . wow sry

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2006, 05:58:57 am »
Keep this in mind- FATE was able, through great effort, to bind Miguel as the DS's Guardian. This means she does have a certain amount of control over Home World, but compared to her control over Another World it's nothing.

FATE could have used the FATE distortions, bypassing the Dragons' seal, to simply send waves of destruction to another world. The three islands could then direct at the Tower. FATE calculated what would happan if Serge dies, i.e. the split, and made sure that she could destroy the sea when the time comes.

Also, keep in mind that 2,400 A.D. could have been rounded down to 2,400. It could 2,436. They would create a company called 'COMPANY 2400', the same way companies called themselves '____ 2000' during the end of the 20th century in our world, yes?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Geddon - COMPANY 2400 - Arris Dome
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2006, 12:28:49 am »
Also, I was wondering who says this, "I love you so much. That is why I sometimes desire to smash you to bits!!!" It is said after you fight Miguel I believe and right before the Tower collapses or whatever...But it doesn't have a dialogue box or any forseeable person stating it...Is it simply the destroyed timeline which is speaking? I originally thought FATE, it sounds something crazy and off-the-wall that FATE would say...But FATE was really no where around there, right?

I think it was spoken by those female like monsters you fight in the Tower. They always said wierd things at the begining of the battle.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
Re: Tower of Geddon - COMPANY 2400 - Arris Dome
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2006, 08:25:46 pm »
No, it's FATE. It's more or less spelled out for you.