Author Topic: Dragon God dialogue  (Read 2983 times)

Alastor

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Dragon God dialogue
« on: March 17, 2008, 10:12:55 pm »
i was just wondering, i remember that the Dragon God says something like : "There are only the sinners who do the killing, and the victims that do the judging" once you are about to face him atop Terra Tower, could someone please tell me what he SAYS EXACTLY! *dont ask* i just wanna know every single word.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
Re: Dragon God dialogue
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:07:23 pm »
If you search the readily-available Chrono Cross script for "do the judging" you will find it immediately.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 11:08:38 pm »
Courtesy of Terminus Traductions and ZeaLitY:

[Dragon God]
   In order to survive,
   all living things in this world

fight desperately and
   devour those they defeat...

Must one kill other living
   things in order to survive?

Must one destroy another world
   in order to allow one's own
   world to continue?

The wounded in turn wound
   and torment those weaker
   than they themselves are...

There are only the killers and
   the killed...
   The sinners, who are judged, and
   the victims that do the judging...

What meaning is there
   to such a world?

Check GameFAQs for the best game script you can get for Chrono Cross. EDIT: Actually, it's the same one Luminaire links to anyway.

Also, I'm extremely interested in this bit:

[Voices of the Dragon God]
   A-ARRGH...

HELP...

S-STOP IT...

KILL ME...

WELL COME...

Welcome...
   Humans...

Those who know the torment and
   joy of creation know also the
   pleasure and pain of destruction.

Therefore, all that pass through
   here must be prepared to share the
   burden that I carry.

Anyone have any idea what all the suffering is about at the beginning of this Dragon God (Time Devourer?) speech? Could it be a reflection of what Schala is going through, if she and the Dragon God have some kind of mental link? I get confused between the Dragon God Time Devourer and the Lavos Time Devourer, so there may or may not be any connection.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 11:15:39 pm »
The Dragon God speech is based on a traumatic experience from Kato's childhood when he accidentally walked into a theater playing a rape scene.

...wait, that's Gygas.

I get confused between the Time Devourers too, but since one of the theories here is that Harle comes from Schala DNA like Kid, I wouldn't be surprised if that was what was going on.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 11:25:27 pm »
I am I the only one having trouble navigating Chronofan? the old one cc.herow-something I could.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 12:15:46 am »
Yeah, I don't guess anyone's ever investigated why those lines appear. It sounds like the suffering Dragon God in the belly of the Time Devourer.

Chronofan is hosted on a different server than herograw, and this server does not enable directory browsing. So it's impossible for now.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 01:49:47 am »
Maybe it's just the pain of the combination of their individual psyches actually physically coming together as one.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 03:21:12 pm »
or perhaps its the human component of harle resisting...?

rushingwind

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 03:07:53 am »
I was wondering this just today.  I had always assumed that the "KILL ME" dialouge was Schala's tormented mind reaching out, begging whoever would listen to just end her misery. 

Another bit of dialouge that the script credits as FATE has always interested me as well:

[FATE]
   I love you so much...

That is why I
   sometimes desire to
   smash you to bits!!!

I always, before looking at the script, believed this to be an insane rambling of Schala.  Why would FATE say "I love you so much" to Serge?  (And, for the record, I suppose Schala would have just as little motivation to say it either).  If not FATE or Schala, then whom?

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 03:41:39 am »
Interesting. Never really thought of this before. Always wondered about that line and never really came up with a satisfactory answer to it.

I agree with you completely....I think that it may have been in fact Schala who was saying that to Serge.
Why? Why would she say something like that to him? Maybe because of the fact that she has been waiting on him for 13,020ish years, perhaps?

I mean, wouldn't you feel that way about waiting that ridiculous amount of time for someone who had the power to save you from eternal damnation?

Additionally, how would FATE be able to communicate even, with Serge at that precise moment? Sure, it destroyed the Dead Sea along with the Frozen Flame, but does that imply communication with him? On the other hand, Schala had every opportunity to do so, through the Frozen Flame, which supposedly resided somewhere in that place.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 06:50:42 am »
Doesn't that quote come in during the part in Chronopolis though? How would Schala be saying that? I think it's FATE and it's just part of the latent insanity of the Mother Brain components.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 10:47:57 am »
Could it be the remnants of Wazuki's mind within FATE? Doesn't explain the "...that's why I want to smash you to bits" line though. Unless that represents FATE taking over from Wazuki. Sort of like a schizophrenic Darth Vader?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 12:45:50 pm »
that sounds about right, actually.  the "love you" is the glimmer of wazuki still contained within, while the smash you to bits is the fate/lynx component.  schizofphrenic is absolutely right.  ...or thats how i see it!

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 04:22:00 pm »
It might also have the same sort of connotation as that Avenue Q song, "The More you Ruv Someone." After all, FATE had watched over humans for several millenia, it isn't impossible for it to both love and hate them (assuming, of course, it had standard emotions).

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 02:03:37 am »
Doesn't that quote come in during the part in Chronopolis though?

The quote is from the Dead Sea, after defeating Miguel. He says something about how FATE has decided to destroy the place, rather than bestowing the Frozen Flame to Serge at that moment. And yet, misteriously fails to acknowledge the identity of the voice that just echoed througout Leene Square.

How would Schala be saying that? I think it's FATE and it's just part of the latent insanity of the Mother Brain components.
More importantly... How would FATE be saying that!? And why specify it to just one person in particular? If it was truly talking about humanity as a whole, wouldn't she say something more along the lines of: Humanity... so volatile and careless to not even care about the meaning of life and yet so hopeful and full of dreams that can't make but help you wonder about their potential.

Could it be the remnants of Wazuki's mind within FATE? Doesn't explain the "...that's why I want to smash you to bits" line though. Unless that represents FATE taking over from Wazuki. Sort of like a schizophrenic Darth Vader?
That would necessitate Lynx saying that line, not FATE. And last time I checked, Lynx was nowhere to be found at that particular moment. Remember that Lynx is just FATE's human component, an agent of sorts. He represents her will (not her being) in the physical word, but decidedly isn't the same exact 'entity' as FATE.