Author Topic: Frog/Glenn theory  (Read 10059 times)

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Frog/Glenn theory
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2008, 10:57:12 pm »
Kato wasn't responsible for most of them, though, and there weren't many of these plot holes, and besides, it does not diminish the greatness and beauty of Chrono Trigger..

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2008, 10:58:42 pm »
Of course not. CT will go down in history as one of the best games of all time...

But really, SE should clear this up in Chrono Break or whatever the third game will be called.

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2008, 11:02:30 pm »
*IF* they bothered doing Chrono 3.. hopefully, if ever it comes out, these plot holes would be resolved
and it wont make plot holes of its own too...

and that it would be simply STUNNING!!   :D

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2008, 11:03:29 pm »
Yeah, after 10 years, Chrono 3 better make me shit my pants or I'll be pissed.

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2008, 11:09:20 pm »
Hahaha!!  :lol:,
now, if only our wishes would be made a reality by sympathetic folk from SE...

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2008, 11:10:27 pm »
Nah. They're too busy doing the countless FF remakes...

We can only hope and write letters. I sent it my request already.

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2008, 11:15:57 pm »
letters would only amount to such (i'm not saying its is worth for nothing!), but the initiative still rests on SE..
the FF series is great, but Final Fantasy does not live up to its "Final".. SE ought to revive classics such as Trigger and make new good ones..

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2008, 01:19:48 am »
but Final Fantasy does not live up to its "Final"..

In the mid 1980s, Square entered the Japanese video game industry with a string of simple RPGs, racing games, and platformers for Nintendo's Famicom Disk System (FDS). In 1987, Square designer Hironobu Sakaguchi began work on a new fantasy role-playing game for the cartridge-based Famicom, inspired in part by Enix's popular Dragon Quest. Sakaguchi planned to retire after completing the project, so it was named Final Fantasy.[2][43] Despite Sakaguchi's explanation, the name of the game has also been attributed by various sources to the company's hopes that the project would solve their financial troubles.[5] Final Fantasy indeed reversed Square's lagging fortunes,[2] and it became their flagship franchise.[1]

Following the success of the first game, Square immediately developed a second installment. Unlike a typical sequel, Final Fantasy II features a world bearing only thematic similarities to its predecessor. Some of the gameplay elements, such as the character advancement system, were also overhauled. This approach to has continued throughout the series; each major Final Fantasy game features a new setting, cast of characters, and battle system.

The name just 'stuck'...

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2008, 01:34:41 am »
I alway thought that FFIII (real three) could be a sequel to FFI.

Anacalius

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Enlightened One (+200)
  • Boredom is not a burden that anyone should bear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2008, 02:54:05 am »
but Final Fantasy does not live up to its "Final"..

In the mid 1980s, Square entered the Japanese video game industry with a string of simple RPGs, racing games, and platformers for Nintendo's Famicom Disk System (FDS). In 1987, Square designer Hironobu Sakaguchi began work on a new fantasy role-playing game for the cartridge-based Famicom, inspired in part by Enix's popular Dragon Quest. Sakaguchi planned to retire after completing the project, so it was named Final Fantasy.[2][43] Despite Sakaguchi's explanation, the name of the game has also been attributed by various sources to the company's hopes that the project would solve their financial troubles.[5] Final Fantasy indeed reversed Square's lagging fortunes,[2] and it became their flagship franchise.[1]

Following the success of the first game, Square immediately developed a second installment. Unlike a typical sequel, Final Fantasy II features a world bearing only thematic similarities to its predecessor. Some of the gameplay elements, such as the character advancement system, were also overhauled. This approach to has continued throughout the series; each major Final Fantasy game features a new setting, cast of characters, and battle system.

The name just 'stuck'...

Well done. I would have slapped this on this thread, but you beat me to it.

Of course not. CT will go down in history as one of the best games of all time...

It pretty much already has.

*IF* they bothered doing Chrono 3.. hopefully, if ever it comes out, these plot holes would be resolved
and it wont make plot holes of its own too...

and that it would be simply STUNNING!!   :D

Stunning, indeed, and as strange as this may sound, it would also be depressing. I think the great things about "Plot Holes" are the fact that the fans can derive their own answers for these things. I mean, seriously, what would this site be if there weren't so many things left untold in the series to discuss? Would you even be a member of such a site? Would you even care at all about the series itself anymore? There's always gotta be something left untold, I say, or there's nothing else to build on, if you will.

Anywho, in regards to a third Chrono, I'm really wondering how SE even feels about making another direct sequel to the series.. I mean, look at FF series, none of them really build on the other one (Save for garbage like FFX-2), they just start anew each time. I wonder how they feel about the huge amount of groundless criticism of Cross, as well. I mean, as far as I'm concerned, I think they did a great job with Cross, but I rarely find people who agree with me that they made a great sequel to a great game (Not really counting this site in those people, mind you. It's obvious this place is packed with Cross fans  :lol: ).
I mean, they reserved the right to the name Chrono Break a while back, and I wonder if anything even began with it, because they let the name expire and didn't renew their rights to it. I'm seriously wondering if we'll ever see another Chrono game.  :(

Hopefully I'm just being pessimistic as usual, eh? =P

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2008, 03:18:40 am »
Oh well, mysteries ought to remain in a Chrono game, but not as a result of developer hindsight..

I meant the 'Final' statement to be slight humorous.. its just my frustration that there are already too many FF games to go around, i think, and not much Chrono...

And its not really just you Ancalius.. i too am very pessimistic on seeing a Chrono 3 anytime soon, but i'm not really letting go of all hope just yet!!  :)

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2008, 11:21:41 am »
...Here's to Far Away Times, my friends!

Because that's when we'll see another Chrono game!

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2008, 07:30:03 pm »
By far, my biggest concern is that a new Chrono game will be a dissapointment Gameplay wise. I mea, yeah, I'm a Crhono Fanboy, but SE has the nasty habit of making incredibly dissapointing games just to make a quick buck, ala Crisis Core.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2008, 06:50:51 am »
Yeah, I got a request to lock this thread and since I couldn't agree more...

CT Glenn's hair was green!

CC Glenn's hair was not!

They may or may not have some kind of blood connection, but there isn't really anything supporting such a theory!

THE END!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 06:52:39 am by V_Translanka »

radicalblues

• Guardian (+100)
  • It's not easy being green
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
Green!
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2008, 06:03:41 pm »
I was just browsing through a thread that ended up with people discussing if Glenn's hair was green or gray.
So, what do fellow artists think? Here I bring a smart easy solution, IT'S BOTH.

They locked the topic saying Glenn's hair wasn't green and I thought it was really stupid, so here is a new topic just to address the color issue.

Actually, it's greenish with a little hint of gray, here are colors of Glenn's hair on the RGB pallete:

As you can see, the colors are based on a green color, though they tend more to the gray area, but not completely.

However, if you take into the pallete the darker colors, you will see bases or orange and yellow which in the darker areas turn into brown, or similar colors to the pale green colors. What there isn't is a hint of a gray based color, it does however has other base colors tending towards gray.

Glenn's hair (CT) was a really vivid green.
Glenn's hair (CC) is a really pale green.

END OF DISCUSSION... or beginning?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 06:13:44 pm by radicalblues »