Author Topic: Chinese Chrono Trigger for NES! (updated with the ROM)  (Read 9291 times)

Nickolz

• Porrean (+50)
  • Dreambender
    • View Profile
Chinese Chrono Trigger for NES! (updated with the ROM)
« on: June 10, 2008, 08:25:54 pm »
I'm posting it at the risk of such subject having already been discussed in these forums, considering this is a huge center of the Chrono series knowledge and that I may be just out of date with news, although I've never ever heard, seen or read anything about this.

Oh well, yesterday I bought a magazine called GameMaster (I believe it exists only in Brazil and, apparently, somewhere in Europe). There was an article in it which discussed about the Chinese video game market, focusing on the bizarre evolutions piracy has suffered in the last decades at those lands. There are plenty of games and videogames that have been cloned and/or remade for Chinese audiences. Seems like one example is Chrono Trigger.

A softhouse called Shenzhen Nanjing Technology, founded in 2002, owner of more than 70 games by now, made a few bizarre adaptations of games for NES, including Final Fantasy VII, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Chrono Trigger itself. That's because, from what I understood, a NES cartridge there costs US$ 1 and not all Chinese families would be capable of affording much more.

I've also searched on google and found this page with many screenshots: http://www.geocities.jp/rinkaku89/pachigame3/65_fc_chrono.html

Attention to the last screenshot of the page, depicting an epic battle between Crono (I guessed it was him) and a mostly fearsome enemy!

You'll also find more images of other adaptations on the links by the left.

So... Bizarre, ain't it? Yeah. But it still doesn't change the fact that I want that ROM. Strange, ain't it? =/

At least, I finally found the reason for why I've been going to mandarin classes for almost 4 months. =)

Edit:
DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THE ROM RIGHT BELOW
http://rapidshare.com/files/133714718/Shi_Kong_Zhi_Lun__C_.zip.html
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 08:12:25 am by Nickolz »

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Chrono Trigger for NES!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 08:41:57 pm »
I'm posting it at the risk of such subject having already been discussed in these forums, considering this is a huge center of the Chrono series knowledge and that I may be just out of date with news, although I've never ever heard, seen or read anything about this.

Oh well, yesterday I bought a magazine called GameMaster (I believe it exists only in Brazil and, apparently, somewhere in Europe). There was an article in it which discussed about the Chinese video game market, focusing on the bizarre evolutions piracy has suffered in the last decades at those lands. There are plenty of games and videogames that have been cloned and/or remade for Chinese audiences. Seems like one example is Chrono Trigger.

A softhouse called Shenzhen Nanjing Technology, founded in 2002, owner of more than 70 games by now, made a few bizarre adaptations of games for NES, including Final Fantasy VII, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Chrono Trigger itself. That's because, from what I understood, a NES cartridge there costs US$ 1 and not all Chinese families would be capable of affording much more.

I've also searched on google and found this page with many screenshots: http://www.geocities.jp/rinkaku89/pachigame3/65_fc_chrono.html

Attention to the last screenshot of the page, depicting an epic battle between Crono (I guessed it was him) and a mostly fearsome enemy!

You'll also find more images of other adaptations on the links by the left.

So... Bizarre, ain't it? Yeah. But it still doesn't change the fact that I want that ROM. Strange, ain't it? =/

At least, I finally found the reason for why I've been going to mandarin classes for almost 4 months. =)

Pokemon or CT  :lol:

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 08:55:41 pm »
Was that... A Beedrill?...

Zaulche

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 09:17:04 pm »
It was indeed a Beedrill. Looks like everyone else thought the exact thing I did. Once he steps out of the house it is in a distinctive Pokemon style tileset. How did he get away with using a red haired protagonist on the cover and a black haired protagonist in game? Very sloppy. The cover and game cartridge also have that glossy circle, universal for something that is either fake or an unofficial replica (some fake cards have the same pattern).

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 09:53:28 pm »
Speaking of bootleg games...

AHH!!! IT'S SOMARI!!!

Zaulche

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 09:59:15 pm »
Did someone actually make a somario game?

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 10:03:04 pm »
Yes, it's a real bootleg title, just like Mario Slots and Pocket Monster special... I used to know a kid with the actual somari cartridge. It said:

"Brought to you by the Someri Teeem"

And I spelled that correctly...

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 10:35:10 pm »

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 10:53:54 pm »
Although the NES CT game isn't news around here, that is a page that most haven't seen.  Those are some of the first ACTUAL screenshots I've seen, actually...  So as for my input, good find!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 11:07:28 pm »
No luck finding the actual ROM yet, eh? That'd be a great find, even if it IS Poke-Trigger.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 11:20:13 pm »
There's gotta be some English speaking Chrono fans that have too much time on their hands and want to totally outdo those Chinese guys by making a much better, more faithful 8-Bit Chrono Trigger...>_>

How about crazy translated by Google links? Here's the first one that links to their Chrono Trigger thingy...I think it's just that site like reviewing it or something...???

Super Dimension music ring!!! Or Super Space-Time Music Circle!!!...?

Here's the one you just questioned, Kebrel...I still don't know wtf is going on there to be honest...>_>

Pati many things (Atoui OKORYA...?)...???
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 11:31:58 pm by V_Translanka »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 11:36:34 pm »
Thank you, V. This is just like the good ol' days when everyone would try to use the Google translator to make Zero-Wing type sentences. Only now, I have no clue what the original messages were in some cases...

I started to feel DORAKUE III, but imagination?
Foobar of the kingdom today.
Let's status.
I am This is his castle.
There were key. さっきなかったのにーもう。 I just did not - but that also.

x_XTacTX_x

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 11:39:00 pm »
Thank you, V. This is just like the good ol' days when everyone would try to use the Google translator to make Zero-Wing type sentences. Only now, I have no clue what the original messages were in some cases...

I started to feel DORAKUE III, but imagination?
Foobar of the kingdom today.
Let's status.
I am This is his castle.
There were key. さっきなかったのにーもう。 I just did not - but that also.

What you say?!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 11:47:40 pm »
He's quoting from the Google translated pages, Tact, pay attention!

Anyways, whenever I see parts that aren't translated in the middle of sentences that are translated, I always read them as a string of cursing. lol It's weird, if you look at the FFVII page, the cart they have uses an Advent Children logo! >_>