Poll

What are you looking forward to most in the remake?

Revamped Graphics
1 (2.9%)
Touch Screen Capability
0 (0%)
Wireless Multiplayer
1 (2.9%)
New Dungeon
5 (14.7%)
Revival of The Series
23 (67.6%)
Revamped Soundtrack
1 (2.9%)
Other (describe, please)
3 (8.8%)
I'm not looking forward to it. (FOR SHAME.)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: What are you looking forward to most in Chrono Trigger DS?  (Read 7056 times)

Daniela

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: What are you looking forward to most in Chrono Trigger DS?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 07:43:57 pm »
Yea, I like FLCL too, unfortunately it hasn't been on adult swim for a while now =/

Now, back on topic: I wonder what the new dungeon will be like, maybe something that is only accessible in New Game+ (akin to the Cerulean Cave in Pokémon R/B which was only after beating the game) =D

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 07:45:43 pm »
I'm hoping the same thing. Also, a few WEAPON-like enemies would be fantastic. Nothing to keep you playing an RPG than a SuperBoss.

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 09:17:01 pm »
My expectations are rock-bottom, basically. A straight DS port with the same script from 1995, without even changing obvious errors (characters speaking at the wrong time, typos), and tons of glitches in sound and graphics. The extra dungeon will be accessible from the start screen with New Game +, but it will be an impossible coliseum level for all the dorks that complained CT is too easy.

I'm still excited as hell, and that count down screen makes butterflies in my stomach, but I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than completely let down.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 11:57:11 pm »
I'm still just sitting at my computer desk with my mouth down.  It's kind of short notice.  I can't say I agree with it one percent, but I'm sure there's going to be some annoying kids out there who love DBZ and will think this is that.  *Sigh* Sadly.  It's funny, only a few days ago this was like something I never thought would actually happen. 

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 12:52:51 pm »
Venture Brothers and Robot Chicken for me.

As for the original topic, I'm hoping this leads to a new Chrono game.

Nickolz

• Porrean (+50)
  • Dreambender
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2008, 03:03:38 pm »
Seems like almost everybody sees this as the beggining of a new age of Chrono games. Just like me. ^^

But I keep thinking that this will only happen if the sales go extraordinarily good. We should show all those empty headed players of the world what the Radical Dreamers Chrono fans really dream about!

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2008, 07:18:06 pm »
The main things I want are a new final weapon for Magus and Marle perhaps being part of a new sidequest. More connections to Chrono Cross and the after. The correct translation. But most importantly the new techs I want.

For Crono I want two new ones.
One physical one where he launches sonic boom like slashes at the opponent about 5 or 6 of them each doing there own damage.

The other should be a thunder elemental one that does thunder damage to all enemies.

Marle I want three.
One that does major Ice damage to all enemies.

Another one that heals the whole party about 600 or 700 hp.

The last should be haste 2 which is basically haste on everyone or it could just last longer.

Lucca I want two
Protect 2 which is basically protect on everyone or it could just last longer.

Another one where she shoots a laser at one enemy which could either cause death or a ton of damage.

Frog I want three
One that causes major water damage to all enemies.

Heal 2 which recovers the whole party to full hp but uses 50mp

The Last should be some type of physical technique. Like he throws his sword in the air then he brings it down for a quick slash then throw it back in the air jumps up kicks it to the center of the screen on the floor the land on it causing a force to go through the ground and cause damage to everyone. Or perhaps he throws his sword into the air then grabs it with his tongue and slashes all enemies with it.

Robo I want two
A laser attack that does major shadow damage to all enemies kinda like StrongArm.

The other would be like a combo of a punch and a laser. He punches an enemy and then he unleashes a laser at them.

Ayla I want one
Grand Stone yeah I know it's Lavos's but I've always wanted to use his attacks. She lifts the stone the tosses it a little into the air then kicks it towards the enemies.

Magus I want a couple
First Dark Nuke which is a bigger stronger version of dark bomb.

Second Magic Wall 2 which is basically magic wall on everyone or it could just last longer.

Next Gyser would be awesome to have at your disposal.

Maybe he could have Water 2.

The last one should be the attack he uses on lavos before chrono dies. You know he slashes with his scythe then a blue appears coming out of the cut behind the enemy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snZM2FE5pjo its in that video at 2:12.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 08:11:44 pm »
I don't know.  A lot of those techniques seemed a bit too good.  And for The thunder one of Crono's, that's exactly what lightning 2 is.  Or did you mean something more powerful?

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 08:18:55 pm »
I meant something more powerful like kinda a weaker version of robo's shock but stronger than lightning two. And most of these are suppose to be more powerful techs that take a long time to get, thus making you want to replay it with new game+ that way new players can have a reason to play through it again other than one dungeon.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 08:21:45 pm by ZealKnight »

Oatmeal1209

• Porrean (+50)
  • ROCK THE F**K OUT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2008, 09:01:45 pm »
I meant something more powerful like kinda a weaker version of robo's shock but stronger than lightning two. And most of these are suppose to be more powerful techs that take a long time to get, thus making you want to replay it with new game+ that way new players can have a reason to play through it again other than one dungeon.
But the game is easy enough as it is...  Why get overpowered attacks?  9999 damage can already be achieved, so why bother?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2008, 09:05:53 pm »
As much as I want Chrono Trigger DS, I'd rather see Chrono Trigger+ finished.  I have been putting off playing the demo's so I can just play the full mod, which seems like it will never happen.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2008, 01:46:35 am »
But the game is easy enough as it is...  Why get overpowered attacks?  9999 damage can already be achieved, so why bother?

wow come on guys i was expecting you to realize that I wanted it to be more difficult. I even want the new dungeon to be difficult at level **.

x_XTacTX_x

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2008, 11:01:07 am »
wow come on guys i was expecting you to realize that I wanted it to be more difficult. I even want the new dungeon to be difficult at level **.

I'm hoping the same thing. Also, a few WEAPON-like enemies would be fantastic. Nothing to keep you playing an RPG than a SuperBoss.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 05:01:47 pm »
I think Chrono trigger's difficulty is fine.  It's CHrono cross that's a bit too easy.

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2008, 11:15:35 pm »
Chrono Trigger's great just the way it is.. Maybe a few improvements here and there, but it would still be the game we played and loved... :)