Author Topic: About Starky  (Read 8388 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2005, 03:49:58 am »
CB: You must fight against the Starky people XD

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2005, 07:13:00 am »
Quote from: Zenning
I'm still not convinced Starky is there to stop Lavos. He just wants to get back to his home planet, and only crashed on Earth by chance.

I don't know if there are actual proof in the game, but I always thought that Starky's spaceship fell in El Nido because of Schala's magnetic storm.

Zaperking

• View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2005, 09:38:01 am »
Wasn't it that Starky came to Earth to inspect it, but because of the magnetic storm, he was pulled into El Nido where he crash landed.

Zenning

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2005, 12:23:29 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
Wasn't it that Starky came to Earth to inspect it, but because of the magnetic storm, he was pulled into El Nido where he crash landed.

No, I do not believe there is anything in relation between the crash of Starky's ship and the magnetic storm that Schala caused to guide Serge to the Frozen Flame. I do not see any evidence of this in the script.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2005, 09:31:00 am »
I'm just guessing but i can't really remember.  I think in Radical Dreamers, in one of the endings, I think Starky takes over the earth or something can't qutie remember.  UNless that was Lynx cause in one ending it showed lynx as an alien and i think starky killed him O_o can't quite remember.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
About Starky
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2005, 11:06:30 am »
Well, there is an ending in CC where other aliens like Starky and hanging out, talking about how he failed his mission, and they're gonna blow the planet to bits. Non-cannonical ending, but still maybe the reason he came. Doesn't make sense, though.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2005, 03:48:19 pm »
One question: Is Starky the normal size for his species, based on the ending of CC that featured him? Because the only two examples of them you see *in-game* are the tiny one (Starky himself), and the ginormous figure ("Megastarky.") Might Megastarky be the normal size?

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2005, 06:05:37 pm »
Starky is in Radical Dreamers? I didn't know it (I only played and finished the first scenario though).

Zaperking

• View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2005, 07:46:06 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
One question: Is Starky the normal size for his species, based on the ending of CC that featured him? Because the only two examples of them you see *in-game* are the tiny one (Starky himself), and the ginormous figure ("Megastarky.") Might Megastarky be the normal size?

Megastarky is probably just the lil Starky blowing himself up with some device to scare his opponents.

Dyne

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://dyne.technoized.com
About Starky
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2005, 11:53:12 am »
Yeah, I think Starky's the normal size with his other brothers or whatever...

Where ever he came from and for whatever purpose, I think we can all agree he's one cute little fellow.

Hail Starky! :D

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2005, 06:17:46 pm »
I swear i remember starky in Radical Dreamers...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
About Starky
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2006, 04:36:58 pm »
Inquiry

Starky's purpose is enigmatic. Two clues are given:

[Fortune Teller]
   My word!
   You are fated to
   make a grave choice.
   Whatever will be selected
   will be decided from the
   actions of those around you.

Also, in the ending "A Career Change...", two members of his race debate their mission while dining:

Well...?
What have youu concluded?

The creeatures on this
planet are rank K...
Noo uunique substance can
bee deetected in the liquid...
Wee must contact the mother ship
and beegin our attack at once...

Noo, there is noo neeed to rush.
Let us waait foor our comrade, who
has preeceeeded us, to maake contact.
Hee should bee traveling with
the loocals of this planet.
It will not bee too laate if
wee waait until then.

Understood...
Wee have all the
tiime in the world.

Noona-Noona...!!!

Nani-Nani...!!!

Theories
Lavos Hunters

Ybrik Metaknight

Perhaps Starky's race is an intergalactic force whose primary purpose is to rid the universe of Lavoids? Maybe once a planet has had a Lavoid for too long, as the CT/CC Planet might have had, they simply destroy it unless there are some valuable resources. Finding none on Crono and Serge's world, they deemed it more appropriate to destroy the Lavoid by destroying the planet than to try to eliminate only the parasite and keep those resources for their parent empire. Or something along those lines.

Alternatively, this race could be responsible for engineering the Lavos strain, and are trying to contain their creation (which has presumably run rampant).
...Nah Theory

Zenning

Starky is simply a parody of "Grays" and cute Martian appearance of popular culture. Since the extra information appears in an ending only, it is also probably not canon.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2006, 05:03:35 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Lavos Hunters

Ybrik Metaknight

Perhaps Starky's race is an intergalactic force whose primary purpose is to rid the universe of Lavoids? Maybe once a planet has had a Lavoid for too long, as the CT/CC Planet might have had, they simply destroy it unless there are some valuable resources. Finding none on Crono and Serge's world, they deemed it more appropriate to destroy the Lavoid by destroying the planet than to try to eliminate only the parasite and keep those resources for their parent empire. Or something along those lines.

Alternatively, this race could be responsible for engineering the Lavos strain, and are trying to contain their creation (which has presumably run rampant).

This theory leads to a crucial question though: what Lavos are they planning to destroy? The Lavos from the Chrono planet was supposed to disappear from all eras after Crono and co. defeated him, since he was located in a pocket dimension... So, there's no Lavos on the planet in CC.
...Nah Theory

Zenning

Starky is simply a parody of "Grays" and cute Martian appearance of popular culture. Since the extra information appears in an ending only, it is also probably not canon.

This seems quite arbitrary. Why would the information about Starky be not canon while the information about Norris saving Kid is considered canon? If the stuff about Starky's race is just a joke, then maybe the stuff about Norris is too, and then maybe it was really Magus who saved Kid with the Hydra Humour...

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2006, 07:08:38 pm »
This theory leads to a crucial question though: what Lavos are they planning to destroy? The Lavos from the Chrono planet was supposed to disappear from all eras after Crono and co. defeated him, since he was located in a pocket dimension... So, there's no Lavos on the planet in CC.

Um....no? That would cause paradoxes we don't need. I mean, if that were so, Chronoverse would be ruled by Reptites.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
About Starky
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2006, 07:18:43 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight

Um....no? That would cause paradoxes we don't need. I mean, if that were so, Chronoverse would be ruled by Reptites.

No. Lavos wasn't in his pocket dimension yet when he crushed the Reptites.