Author Topic: Think new chrono title to be announced this e3?  (Read 1582 times)

Dubya

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Think new chrono title to be announced this e3?
« on: July 15, 2008, 02:24:04 am »
What with the suprising news of FF13 being multiplat, anythings possible.Im hoping for a brand new chrono game, doesnt matter which console(no handhelds.I want a proper chrono game), except wii, because I think a new chrono deserves high quality graphics and the traditional console experience that only the 360 or ps3 can provide. 

Anyone else hoping for an announcement?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: Think new chrono title to be announced this e3?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 02:27:30 am »
Hoping for the announcement?  Yes, I am.
Expecting it?  No, I'm not.

Maybe in a year or two.  I still think Square Enix is testing the waters by releasing Chrono Trigger DS.

Then again, Chrono Cross was kept secret until several days before the demo was released (with Legend of Mana), so you never know.

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 02:51:15 am »
ARRGGGG I am this far(holds fingers one µµ away) from giving up one this generation of gamers. The not every game one the Wii has you flailing about, in fact vary few do. Plus look at games like Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back, Kengo legend of the 9 all those fancy graphics did nothing. A game doesn't need to get carried away with the visuals, some times it harms it more then helps, and normally it does nothing at all.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 04:44:23 am »
I highly doubt they'd reveal a new Chrono game at E3...especially when this port isn't even released yet...

I also highly doubt that even the attention that CT DS will get will give them enough push to create a sequel on one of the home systems. If there's a sequel, it's to be had on one of the handhelds, and with the majority of SE's games coming out on the DS, that's where I'd bet a Chrono 4 would go...and I'd be much pleased about it too. This handheld generation has held my interest much more than probably any previous (even going back to the original Gameboy & Game Gear) and certainly more than the current home consoles...I don't see what would be wrong w/a new Chrono on either handheld...

What I wouldn't mind hearing about at E3 (and what would certainly be much more reasonable) would be an announcement of a Chrono Trigger Limited Edition DS! FUCK YEAH! ^_^

Or maybe a PSP port/remake of Chrono Cross! With a Limited Edition PSP! :P

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 10:07:28 am »
ARRGGGG I am this far(holds fingers one µµ away) from giving up one this generation of gamers. The not every game one the Wii has you flailing about, in fact vary few do. Plus look at games like Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back, Kengo legend of the 9 all those fancy graphics did nothing. A game doesn't need to get carried away with the visuals, some times it harms it more then helps, and normally it does nothing at all.

Give up.  They have succumbed to teh immurshun and shynee omgGFX!! blooooooooooom.

Dubya

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 12:51:05 am »

No, not really.A new chrono game deserves good graphics and deserves to be on a strong console.The wii is a gimmick with ganecube hardware.Not to mention real games sell poorly on wii(except first party, of course).I own all three consoles, the wii is nothing but a disapointment and I havent played a game on it for more than a year....

Anyway, it should be on 360 or ps3.I hold the chrono series is high regard, I want it to be the best it can be.That cannot be acheived on low powered hardware

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 03:46:56 am »

I will be the better man.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 11:40:47 am »
Good call.

placidchap

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 12:38:00 pm »
All I gotta say is taht this knew crono bettr have bloom or fuck dis shit.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 09:33:27 pm »
All I gotta say is taht this knew crono bettr have bloom or fuck dis shit.

LOL XDDDD

You don't understand, the Wii is capable of good graphics.... In fact, The flamboyant color of the Chrono series would be much better accomplished on the Wii. Imagine playing a dark, brown (because we all know that brown makes things look real), bloomy Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross. It just wouldn't fit.

I doubt that Chrono Break (or whatever you want to call the next installment) would be released on the 360.  But with FFXIII to be released on a microsoft console, who knows what could happen.

But what of the possibility of it being multi-platform? Chrono Break being released on all systems would be fantastic.

I think the console choices would be between PS3 and Wii, with the Wii having the upper hand.

I will be the better man.

That picture is so true...

Lord Chrono

• Iokan (+1)
  • Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 02:24:27 pm »
Personally, I believe a new chrono game is on the horizon.  The signs are all around us.  For one we have a CT remake even after we have seen one on the PS1.  Secondly and perhaps more importantly we have the trademark "Echos of Time" suddenly appearing with no official word of what it goes with.  Taking that into consideration, I have come to the theory that SE is re-pumping the chrono name in preparation for something big.

My guess is that not long after the release of the CT DS port we will hear about a new chrono game being devoloped while the chrono name is still fresh in everyone's mind.  It could all just be coincodence but something tells me these two "signs" are linked together and are part of a much larger plan.

Yes I know, I dream big.  At the same time however I have a feeling that this dream will soon become reality.

~Lord Chrono~
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 03:19:30 pm by Lord Chrono »

placidchap

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 02:43:23 pm »
Secondly we have Serge now appearing in the new Super Smash Bros. 

Source?

Lord Chrono

• Iokan (+1)
  • Arbiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 03:18:02 pm »
Sorry, I got overly excided with that one only to realize that it was just pit with a hacked appearence after re-reading the article on this site (how embarrasing).  Thats what I get for only skimming over it the first time.  I have taken that point out of my post.

My theory, however, remains unchanged.

~Lord Chrono~
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 03:34:40 pm by Lord Chrono »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 08:41:22 pm »
Well, it didn't happen at E3, so I guess you're gonna have to hope for a new Chrono announcement this August during DKΣ3713...?

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 09:52:20 pm »
Wouldn't the Tokyo Game Show be the best bet?