Poll

Who could challenge Crono and put up a decent fight, posssibly KO, Crono?

Link(Power of the Triforce?)
17 (20%)
Master Chief(Guns and guns galore?)
2 (2.4%)
Solid Snake(Stealthy tactics?)
2 (2.4%)
Cloud Strife(Massive compensating sword?)
9 (10.6%)
Sonic(Blue speed streak?)
1 (1.2%)
Pacman(Devourer of Everything?)
1 (1.2%)
Mario(Plumber on mushrooms?)
2 (2.4%)
Megaman(Lil boy blue + gun?)
1 (1.2%)
Darth Vadar(The power of the dark side?)
4 (4.7%)
Batman(The Dark Knight?)
3 (3.5%)
Chuck Norris(Roundhouse kick?)
4 (4.7%)
Bruce Lee(FLYING FISTS OF FURY?!!!!)
0 (0%)
Other(state whom)
23 (27.1%)
Samus(Gun Girl of God Level Yet Not God Level?)
4 (4.7%)
Goku(KA-ME-HA-ME-HA?)
6 (7.1%)
Monkey King(Stretch Stick and Acrobatics?)
0 (0%)
Harry Potter(Demented Wizard Boy?)
0 (0%)
Kefka(JUST Kefka, no statues...just the crazed clown?)
2 (2.4%)
Ryu(Breath of Fire, Turn Into Dragon?)
1 (1.2%)
Mecha Zangief(Zangief and Mecha?)
0 (0%)
Randi(Secret Of Mana?)
0 (0%)
The Player Who Can't Play(What are these controls, what is SNES, what am I?)
3 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Who is a worthy match for Crono?  (Read 55847 times)

Stanger5150

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Who is a worthy match for Crono?
« Reply #390 on: July 29, 2009, 11:53:53 am »
I'd go for Link... but he has to be well equipped:  Ether Medallion, Bombos Medallion, Quake Medallion, both staffs, Ice Rod, Fire Rod, Deity Mask... and of course, the lvl 4 Master Sword (golden).  I wonder which would break first, the Dreamseeker or the Master Sword?

Assuming Link can find a place in his leather belt to put all that bullshit, he could have a chance.  Then again, there are variables with the other characters as well.  Mario could do it if he had infinite Stars, Sonic could do it if he had more than 50 rings and became Super Sonic, etc... Crono doesn't really have a special ability to become invincible to everything like Mario and Sonic have.

Of course there are some characters in video game history that could not beat Crono, no matter the circumstances... Sory, Donald, and Goofy come to mind.

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 11, 2009, 12:10:33 pm »

ONSLAUGHT:
Thank you finally someone gets the asowme-ness of confuse I still think the move can be compared to Goku (early)/(Mid(normal))/(End (normals tate))'s teleport guard counter attack. It can be proformed by guarding then pressing O or pressing O during your rush attacks, and then hit square three times rapidly causing him to teleport directly behind the opponent and hit them not even a second later this happens  three times(if you pressed square 3x) giving no room of excape from the combo. other characters can do it but not as many times as a non Ssj goku. (I like to use (early) I think he's one of the best fighters out there seeing he has all the Triangle attacks (ki blast, tripple kick, ect.) after a cirtain amt. of rush attacks. /ki blast also goes into the teleport attack combo mentioned above. (Budokai Tenkaichi 3. ) So assuming that crono can do this and slash more than four times if he either wants to be flashy/show offy or wants to go all out. he can decimate any one. now picture confuse as a counter attack and crono having the 'Frenzy Band' on Ike would not stand a chance

Also if you wanted to know Luminare's unedited dicription reads Ultimate Holy damage on all enemies. so basically its a Devine attack meaning its all powerful, gets priority, barriers and defenses mean jack squat, and nothing can trump it. to put it simply the attack is unbeatable and can harm gods.

Crono could beat any DBZ character with ease seeing as he would not wait 5-35 or so episides and give them the chance to power up. we all know that it feels like it takes that long for Goku to go Ssj 1 & 4. so Crono would just charge and hack them to pieces as soon as they start to power up.

I have stated this before, Crono is FAST. and he has a sword goku would have to dodge a lot and would not be able to get in the powerful hits needed to be able to beat crono.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 12, 2009, 02:09:23 pm »
I have seen many fights in real life, and never has anyone ever "charged" or "powered up" in front of me.

I thought it was cool in middle school, but "powering up" really makes absolutely NO sense.

If you try doing what they do in that show, you'll do one of two things.

1. Burst a blood vessel.
2. Shit yourself.

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Cos I am the actual king of the pingus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 12, 2009, 02:13:28 pm »
I have seen many fights in real life, and never has anyone ever "charged" or "powered up" in front of me.

I thought it was cool in middle school, but "powering up" really makes absolutely NO sense.

If you try doing what they do in that show, you'll do one of two things.

1. Burst a blood vessel.
2. Shit yourself.

Or get beaten into a bloody pulp before you can do anything

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 12, 2009, 02:35:46 pm »
lets think on this.

lavos? crono beat him singlehandedly.
magus? easier than lavos!
king zeal? we all saw crimson echoes.
hmm.
link? perhaps.
my vote is ayla as she shows up in crimson echoes. she would kick some serious crono butt.

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 12, 2009, 02:40:27 pm »
I now reckon that the only thing that can beat Crono is Crono. Or someone with swine flu, perhaps.

Truthordeal

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #396 on: September 12, 2009, 02:46:18 pm »
I'm surprised that neither Grimmjow or Rock Lee were mentioned in this poll.

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 12, 2009, 03:07:44 pm »
thats because we all know that theyd kick cronos ass, along with this franky guy.
and king zeal would kick his ass in a badassery contest.

:lee: :grimm :franky :kz

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 12, 2009, 03:13:04 pm »
Penguins could kick his ass, no problem. They are ninjas.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #399 on: September 12, 2009, 05:14:33 pm »
Penguins are just silly Disgaea grenades.

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 12, 2009, 05:17:12 pm »
They could still destroy Crono.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 13, 2009, 01:47:31 pm »
BUT would they be a "worthy match"?

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 13, 2009, 05:21:09 pm »
I swear I've posted here like 5 times and it hasn't put squat of my messages up...

Anyway.
Thank you Bekkler.
Yes that is what is seeked here. It's no fun if something is capable of completely decimating your hero. It also doesn't look good if your bragging about how your favorite character can get his ass handed to him on a silver platter by someone(if they fall in that category, somethings up then going in here).
Ayla. I believe somewhere we said besides Chrono characters(although even if they were included that's like the other comment saying Magus could take Crono, even though Crono outright proved himself the better). And as for the whole Crimson Echoes version of Ayla. You're right. She's definetly superior to Crono. Wheras Zeal paralyzed Crono, Ayla went in a kicked the crap out of him. Nothing happened like her coming within an inch of losing her life. Sorry, I'm sorry, couldn't resist. Being synical is fun and I don't get to do it often enough.
Swine flu? Really? Argh. NOT THAT BAD. I know someone with it, and they vouged that it's no worse than catching the flu. It sucks, yeah totally. Is it extremely lethal and contagious as everyone thinks it is? No. About as lethal a sore throat(capable of killing too, it's just that like with swine flu, your body and systems have to be pretty weak to actually die from it), and it's about as contagious as AIDS(avoid that with condoms, in this case actually be healthy like wash hands, bathe, etc and you're fine). Not to mention a vaccine is already close to finish. I know something that protects you from it if you don't have it already exists. How many diseases have we gotten that people have panicked about simply because the media overhypes how dangerous it is?

kingpingu30

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 13, 2009, 05:43:17 pm »
Honestly, I reckon Crono is actually indestructible. I mean, look at what he achieved. He proved that he could take down an alien parasite by himself. So, honestly, nothing would be a worthy match for him. I'm not looking for any kind of argument.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 13, 2009, 07:37:59 pm »
Normally I'd agree but as we all know, Crono ain't alone in the category. (Ain't the first either, 2nd. Samus is the original)