Author Topic: Spekkio  (Read 3889 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Spekkio
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2008, 08:21:00 pm »
Wait...the people of Zeal leeched power off power sources, is it possible that before the discovery of these power sources Spekkio was providing these people with the ability to perform magic?

It is possible...

Also, I realized, his first two forms represent prehistoric, his next two Middle Ages, and then his last two forms are those of Guru creations, so i don't know, maybe that helps support the idea of him being to Gaspar as Nu is to Belthasar or Masamune is to Melchior? I certainly think that since those last two beings are on god like levels, it may support also the whole Spekkio is like Lavos or the Entity thing...

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 09:21:17 pm »
Well technically Spekkio's fourth form is actually an Omicrone, an enemy that just triggers other enemies to come on screen--he can be found in 12000 B.C., but he can't be battled without modification.

Anyhow, Spekkio's relation to Gaspar is comparable to the Nu's relation to Belthasar in many ways, the main difference between Spekkio and the Nus, in my opinion, is how...uh...flavored Spekkio is, or how boisterous and arrogant he is. The fact that he's pink also adds to the strange, unfitting nature of Spekkio, when compared to Nu.

Xenterex

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 11:32:42 pm »
Well technically Spekkio's fourth form is actually an Omicrone, an enemy that just triggers other enemies to come on screen--he can be found in 12000 B.C., but he can't be battled without modification.

There are two other appearances.  The first is when escaping prison. If you free Fritz, you are attacked by an Omicrone. (or at least the same sprite model)  The second occurs if you try to buy from the merchant in Madina village.  Both appearances are 1000 AD.

Well, is it more probable that a creation by either Gaspar or Belthasar could unlock a person's inner magic?
I'd say yes.  When searching through the various cities of Zeal, there is a craftsman striving to create tools that increase a person's abilities, ie the Tabs.  Since they are scattered through time and found throughout the game, I'd say he was successful, or rather, they were successful in the past, and what success they had prior were sealed away.  Various quotes from the people of Zeal reveal that they had other forms of power drawn from the planet, instead of Lavos, and these were sealed up in the north palace.  If Spekkio is a creation of Zeal, then its possible that he too was in the north palace, and by whatever means, ended up in the End of Time.  Perhaps his enigmatic properties, in conjunction with traveling with Gasper, it what caused the violations of space/time that triggered their arrival at the End of Time, rather than simply being flung there by Lavos.

So, if Spekkio was created by Zeal, as a sealed weapon in the days of relying on the energies planet, then Lavos does surpass him, and thus creates a limiting factor.

Now, i might be going on a limb here,  but I suspect that Spekkio, and pretty much any/all of the major creations of the guru's rely on some factor or connection to dreamstone.  Now, Masa and Mune are dream creatures effectively made real, and Spekkio is probably similar – both are subject to form changes.  Perhaps Spekkio's forms are then based on the 'dreams' of those around him, rather than just a singular dream.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 01:28:56 am »
Yes, Omnicrone's appear there too, but I think that they aren't truly monsters except for in two places where you fight them(because of the places it makes sense which is monster and which is a human in a really heavy suit)In Medina Village(he's an angry Mystic)and in Magus' Castle. Those others are just guys in suits, that's why they aren't as tough, or they run.

Now, i might be going on a limb here,  but I suspect that Spekkio, and pretty much any/all of the major creations of the guru's rely on some factor or connection to dreamstone.  Now, Masa and Mune are dream creatures effectively made real, and Spekkio is probably similar – both are subject to form changes.  Perhaps Spekkio's forms are then based on the 'dreams' of those around him, rather than just a singular dream.

If that is true then that would mean he definetly like Gaspar got thrown to that time period, so then how did he get there?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 03:02:21 am »
I've supposed before that the Nus themselves got to each time period due to Belthasar's experiments in time travel...They basically being his temporal guinea pigs...If we are to think that Spekkio is another of their creations, then perhaps he was sent to the End of Time for his specific purpose even.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 11:43:32 am »
That definetly sounds good, sounds like it explains just how he got there in the first place...
but...

If that is true then are there other creations similar to it made by Gaspar to be thrown throughout time? MULTIPLE SPEKKIOS?!!!!!!!
Dear god, the chaos involved with that situation, at least the Nus are calm and obeying! That also makes me wonder about if Melchior got his own creations throughout time... References to him do seem more widespread but I have to wonder just if he got other creations now as well throughout time.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 12:59:41 pm »
Multiple Spekkios? I was under the impression that he was stating Spekkio is a type of Nu or dream creature, and some of those are scattered through time...well, there's that one Nu in Prehistoric Times...

I don't think there are multiple Spekkios--Spekkio's power is just unbelievably intense, especially in comparison to the Nu. Then again, comparing Masa and Mune to the Nu we see that they are horrendously strong as well, but they seem to revolve around the sword more than anything. If we're to go with the theories that Nu are programmed creatures, and not an independent race, and that Spekkio is a Nu, then he must be "programmed" by someone...perhaps like how Masa and Mune were "programmed" to protect the Masamune. The idea that Spekkio is programmed gives credence to what V_Translanka just said, that he may have been sent to the End of Time for a specific purpose.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 05:52:03 pm »
The only Nu I think you can see as even being robotic is Belthasar's one in the future...and even then, I'm kinda shaky on those thoughts...

The Nu are incredibly powerful creatures. They've shown the ability to multiply themselves and their attacks are capable of leaving anyone critically wounded with one hit. They also seem to be attracted to powerful objects throughout time, or perhaps are simply the guardians of such...

I don't know if you could say Masamune was 'programmed' to protect the Masamune...I mean, that's where they reside...they are the Masamune...

And by Spekkio's specific purpose, I mean in imbuing Crono & Co. with their ability to access their latent Magic. We know that Belthasar is extremely cunning & knowledgeable...he seems to know and/or forsee things he could not plausibly know...perhaps it's all part of him being the Guru of Reason...but regardless, I was supposing that Spekkio was more his creature than Gaspar...and that Spekkio was actually sent to the EoT sometime after the both of them were temporally tossed aside by Lavos...Which might stand to explain why there was nothing in the EoT when Gaspar originally arrived...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2008, 06:58:33 pm »
That does make more sense and makes me think, Belthasar predicted and created the events of CC almost entirely. That's him simply going on his reasoning with his ideas to find the best, Gaspar as Guru of Time i assume would be able to (I'm guessing)look into the future see how a plan would work out and then do it and so that's how he knew Spekkio could help the team.

It'd certainly help to know if Gaspar and the other 2 were there the second time the evnts took place. The first time through is seen in Magus' flashback atop North cape, they're thrown throughout time. However, once Crono and everyone has messed with the time stream something happened with the other two... Melchior was placed on Mt. Woe, so where was Belthasar and Gaspar?

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2008, 08:34:26 pm »
I'd expect the gurus to have collaborated on a number of projects, but even during Melchior's slight departure to Mt. Woe, we are essentially forced to assume that they were removed from the Mammon Machine. Crono's activities in Zeal aren't as important as Magus's. As the Prophet, Magus's engagement in the ordeal sped up the consequences that would have happened otherwise--I think his involvement in Zeal was calculated enough for him to know what steps to take in order to maintain the regular flow of time, to some extent.

It's also notable how the Guru of Time was sent specifically to the End of Time--all the Guru's endpoints are notable, but this one stands out the most to me...If the Entity decided where to send the Gurus (and Magus), then it likely also decided where to send Spekkio.

Xenterex

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 12:51:52 am »
However, once Crono and everyone has messed with the time stream something happened with the other two... Melchior was placed on Mt. Woe, so where was Belthasar and Gaspar?

Melchior was imprisoned on Mt. Woe for opposing the Queen.  Since he's credited with making the mammon machine, and a means to stop it, I suppose that in either timeline the mammon machine wasn't originally created for use in conjunction with Lavos, as once its used for that, Malchoir, and presumably the other gurus, tries to stop the queen.  It is an interesting question about where Belthasar and Gasper were.  My guess is it is a story oversight.  I'd also say what happens to schala is a story oversight.  At least one of the guru's may have been working on the blackbird/ocean palace.  It says they at least design them, so I wouldn't put it past them to have been part of the construction process.

If the Entity decided where to send the Gurus (and Magus), then it likely also decided where to send Spekkio.
  This makes sense to me here.  I've always felt that the time gates are a mix of Lavos and the entity essentially playing chess with time travelers.  I find that Magus being separated from crono's team during the same time well to be an example of meddling.  In my book, Magus getting drained of powers in Zeal is sooner than 600 ad, and gives Lavos more power to accomplish his purposes. 

f that is true then that would mean he definetly like Gaspar got thrown to that time period, so then how did he get there?
  If spekkio was locked away in the north palace like I suppose, then I'd assume the he, and all other objects of the north palace fell victim to time travel.  Take the sun stone for instance.  If the stone wasn't affected by time travel, and thus only accessible in the sealed north palace/future, then I'd think it'd need to exist prior to zeal, otherwise it wouldn't have been charged for the kind of zeal to use, as it takes aeons to charge up into usable power.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 04:05:50 pm »
Right, and one theory asserts that the Larubans (who may ancestors of some of the members of Zeal) found the Sun Stone at one point, early in history, and their descendants were able to use it. And the point I was trying to make about Melchior's banishment to Mt. Woe was that his banishment would have happened whether or not Magus intervened--he knew what to do to preserve the time line.

That's a good point, about the possibility of Spekkio being banished to a zone where everything was subject to a forced time travel.

Umaro

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2008, 11:22:02 pm »
Maybe Spekkio is a Dream creature in the way Turnip is. Turnip is the manifestation of the sleeping soldier's dream. Gasper is always sleeping in the End of Time. He only ever wakes up to talk to you if you engage him. Spekkio could be Gasper's dream, and for all we know, not even be behind that door(figuratively speaking, of course)while Gasper is awake.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2008, 12:13:32 pm »
That's a good theory, and the fact that more people are coming to that conclusion definitely gives it some more credence. Right now I'm more baffled by Spekkio's skills and knowledge than his creation. Although it's not out of the realm of speculation for a dream avatar, or Dream creature, as you put it, to have great strength; Masa and Mune (and Doreen) are all dream creatures, and just look at the power they're capable of...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2008, 02:37:54 pm »
Hmm, that's odd I was lookign mainly for origin although powers is wierd too. But the dream creature theory seems to be a pretty solid conclusion for almost everything, almost everything mainly because we can't be 100% positive. Earliest we can be is if CTDS makes a point about his origins and powers and wherabouts etc.