Author Topic: My ideas for modified tech animations AND a major gameplay tweak  (Read 2587 times)

Rickets

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
My ideas for modified tech animations AND a major gameplay tweak
« on: November 26, 2008, 05:23:32 pm »
1: I wish Crono would sheath his sword before he did Luminare. As it is, he just goes from holding it to putting his hands up.

For idea #2 perhaps it wouldn't work or look right... maybe if Crono just did the extra confuse ending after FireSword2 it would be absolutely amazing.

2: I just had an idea to switch the Crono animations for FireSword2 and IceSword2 around... I think the animations would fit better and seeing Crono do the confuse ending while on fire would look... AWESOME  :lol: :D But like I said, just changing the Firesword2 to include the confuse ending would be amazing.

The second idea will probably never become reality, but maybe it isn't to hard to do number 1... I just wanted to get these ideas out, because I'm not even gonna try to make it happen..... at the moment.
I only have slight experience in character portraits and even that is kinda finicky to me.

***(Update)***

Thanks for the replies, I'll have a look at it.  :)
I just wanted to add a gameplay tweak to this topic instead of making more topics to keep track of.

I was thinking of making the enemies very hard, but having the characters regenerate their health after every battle, this would make the battles more like puzzles/strategy involvements because killing a group with maximum speed and efficiency would be the key strategy.
I thought of this because for 1:
when playing the hardtype mods, having to use potions so often out of battle is kind of bland and takes you out of the moment too often.
And 2: Baten Kaitos Origins has this system and it makes the battles string together very well.
This idea would probably give CT more of a "Dead Space" feel (The next gen game for 360 ps3 and pc) because it keeps you in the action more often/doesn't throw a bunch of time stopping screens at you.
And would probably add a slight bit more strategy and just an overall refreshing experience.

:lol: I don't know if this is even possible at the moment so I look forward to the amazing wisdom of the compendiumites  :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 02:55:09 am by Rickets »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: My ideas for modified tech animations
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 09:02:28 pm »
Rickets, are you aware of jsondag2's tech editor? It's still in its nascent stages, but we need lots and lots of help developing our understanding of tech animations. Care to have at it?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
Re: My ideas for modified tech animations
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 10:16:33 pm »
Yes, Rickets!  If you feel up to the challenge, feel free to take a stab at it.  Any modding can be a little daunting at first glance, but after some work it can be quite rewarding!  Plus it gives you a chance to help out amongst the Chrono community!

Rickets

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Re: My ideas for modified tech animations AND a major gameplay tweak
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 03:08:33 am »
Uhmm, actually I can't get tech editor to run, I followed you link to the other jsondag's topic and downloaded both files and the .exe just crashes and MS gives me an error report option.

TechEditor-Provoke has encountered a problem and needs to close. Advice??

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 03:32:33 am »
Sending this from my mobile so I can't investigate too much but have you installed the dot net framework?

Rickets

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 10:17:10 pm »
yea actually I JUST did that a while ago, .net version 2 right? ...Another program i was tinkering with needed it too. But since the editor doesn't work, maybe it's something else...

The .net 2 installer i downloaded and installed is called dotnetfx.exe
I'll look...
Is it this one?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/default.aspx

Cuz I used this one...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en