Author Topic: First V-Jump Preview Video Translated!  (Read 1275 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
First V-Jump Preview Video Translated!
« on: December 28, 2008, 04:19:13 am »
GlitterBerri has finished translating the first Chrono Trigger V-Jump preview video, which features a short interview with Sakaguchi, Horii, and Aoki! Find it at Supporting Material Translation. We learn here that Chrono Trigger was conceived on a business reconnaissance trip in 1992 attended by Toriyama, Horii, and Sakaguchi. Wishing to create a completely new RPG, they spent over a year thinking about the concept and almost had given up when Kazuhiro Aoki called. They spent the next four days in deep thought, and the rest is history! Thanks to GekkaHiko for transcribing the dialogue. For these incalculably valuable contributions to Chrono series fandom, GlitterBerri is the new Guru of Time. Congratulations!

As an afterthought to that exciting piece of news, the Winter Fanfic contest is open; it'll conclude March 31, 2009. Read this thread for more! [hidden]

After tinkering with this update and checking the news page repeatedly, I have decided that 100x200 Zell is possibly the most beautiful avatar I have ever used.[/hidden]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 04:48:45 am by ZeaLitY »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: First V-Jump Preview Video Translated!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 05:22:55 am »
It's nice to finally know what they were saying in that video. Thanks to GlitterBerri and GekkaHiko!

And it's ironical how, after a business trip to America led to the creation of Chrono Trigger, a business trip to Hawaii apparently led to the death of Chrono Break in 2001, with Sakaguchi assigning Kato and Tanaka's team to the development of FFXI.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 05:36:07 am »
Would it be possible to have a subtitled version of the video or something as well? I don't thin I've seen it before.

Also yes the avatar goes extremely well with the new layout on the main site.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 04:47:57 pm »
Congrats to GlitterBerri on the ascension to Guruship!

FFXI, our great despair. *sigh*

Feldschlacht IV

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Hey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 02:57:13 pm »
It's good to know that the Chrono series is still alive and well in one way or the other.