Author Topic: The hell?  (Read 6304 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: The hell?
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2008, 07:50:58 pm »
 8)

There were too many clues left for old Shadow not to be enjoying this.

EDIT:
Oh, and don't go too hard on Triforce Piece everyone. He has legitimate reasons for expressing himself the way he does. He's not banned or anything as far as I know.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:56:19 pm by FaustWolf »

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2008, 07:52:24 pm »
Can't hold back the laughs.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2008, 07:59:16 pm »
8)

There were too many clues left for old Shadow not to be enjoying this.

EDIT:
Oh, and don't go too hard on Triforce Piece everyone. He has legitimate reasons for expressing himself the way he does. He's not banned or anything as far as I know.

I was particularly proud of my sleuthing skills actually. I'm super observant. Like that dude from that Psyche show - except more cool and not as annoying.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2008, 08:03:52 pm »
I understand Triforce's problems. I know a kid with the same disorder (if I'm right in remembering that Triforce is Autistic). However, I think that doesn't entirely excuse his actions. Don't treat people with disabilities different simply because they have disabilities.

Dude, Shawn kicks serious ass!

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2008, 08:08:47 pm »
I think austism (or Asperger's Syndrome as is more likely the case) is a very good excuse for abnormal behavior actually.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2008, 08:12:33 pm »
I have a friend with Autism. Sure, he's a little quirky (in that he often wanders off and can't seem to look at someone when they're talking to him), but he's very good in most social situations. I've never seen him on the Internet (he's into things I'm not into), but I assume he's civilized.

But, just for the record, if Triforce is my real life friend, he's getting a hug on January 5th.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2008, 08:14:30 pm »
Quote from: teaflower
Don't treat people with disabilities different simply because they have disabilities.
Very true, and that gave me serious pause. I don't believe disabilities hamper a person's ability to achieve (I've seen just the opposite as a tutor), but I guess I'm just a softy in other respects.

I mean, they were just smilies. :D

Olxlinc Twilight

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2008, 08:17:50 pm »
Interesting. I just hope that my triumphant return doesn't end up short-lived.

Asperger's is my prob. I got friends with similar properties, like "Frank" on GamePolitics and our very own Schala.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2008, 09:34:05 pm »
What triumphant return? Oh, the one you think you had. I was actually kind of happy you were gone.

Something permanent needs to be done about this. If we just keep implementing the FAIL rank, he'll make a new account and do the same things over and over. I can't handle this anymore! My head is THIS CLOSE to exploding and I am actually wishing death onto the person behind the Shadow. Any suggestions, people?

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2008, 10:10:03 pm »
So it is a temporary ban if I understand correctly?

Eske

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2008, 10:25:07 pm »
Lol, everyone's freaking out.  From what I understand, the FAIL rank is a warning/mini punishment for overposting.  15+ a day outside of certain places (like RP I guess) is pretty ridiculous.  (Then again, I could never post that much because of my posting style in most cases) 

As for the issue, it's not just an issue Shadow has, it's an issue anyone could have.  (I'm not counting the constant picture/facepalm phase he had at the end)

It is just being overly reactionary and not keeping small thoughts to oneself.  Example:

Person 1:   "Hey guys sorry I started a new thread, and maybe this has been asked before but what is this?!?!?"

Person 2:   "Oh this??  Easy, it's that.  So and so had a whole thread about it the other week."

Person 1:   "Ah okay, yea my bad thanks dude.

^^ this is about where things should end but they are feelin' chatty

Person 2:    "No problem man, if you need help with anything else just ask"

Person 1:    "Will do, yea it's hard sometimes for me to find stuff on the Compendium that hasn't been discussed because I'm new."

Person 2:    "I hear ya.  I remember when I was trying to find info about the Pre-release and man, I was getting yelled at for asking 'repetitive' questions lol."

Person 1:    "  :picardno    Seriously people need to chill out and just answer the question lol"

Person 2:    "The worse part was that they could have just said 'check the Encyclopedia' but it was more like 'Did you see the Encyclopedia?? God, try browsing the sight next time!!'   I can't find the quote now but I'll show ya when I do.  Man its cold here right now, I can barely type - is it cold where you are right now?"

Person 1:    "I'm in Chicago,  it's nice here but I prefer to live in the suburbs like I did two years ago.  Do you live in an urban area or suburb?"

Person 2:    "Suburbs, outside Philadelphia.  Yea I haven't lived in the city for more than 6 months so I can't say much about it"
===========================================================================================

There.  What should have been 3 posts turned into 10.  And until a mod comes, this convo will probably continue.  This problem seems to mostly stem from treating the forums like a slower IM or something.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2008, 10:25:20 pm »
Ramsus put him in the FAIL group because he manages to piss off everyone at least once, creates drama out of thin air in otherwise innocent topics, and responds to legitimate topics and questions with completely vacuous, unneeded answers that contribute nothing. While this would be a recipe for community stardom at most fansite communities, it just clutters the Compendium.

Ramsus

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2008, 11:25:21 pm »
So it is a temporary ban if I understand correctly?

No. It's just a label. You don't have access to a few of the extra forums (i.e. Springtime of Youth, etc.), and you can't post replies in the Chrono Compendium Discussion and News forums, but your account is mostly functional.

I had Mr. Tuesday test everything to make sure.

Ramsus

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2008, 11:30:01 pm »
What triumphant return? Oh, the one you think you had. I was actually kind of happy you were gone.

Something permanent needs to be done about this. If we just keep implementing the FAIL rank, he'll make a new account and do the same things over and over. I can't handle this anymore! My head is THIS CLOSE to exploding and I am actually wishing death onto the person behind the Shadow. Any suggestions, people?

Needlessly making new accounts is something we'll permanently ban someone for.

Ramsus

« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2008, 11:36:05 pm »
Interesting. I just hope that my triumphant return doesn't end up short-lived.

Asperger's is my prob. I got friends with similar properties, like "Frank" on GamePolitics and our very own Schala.

It wasn't a ban. Use your old account.