Author Topic: The hell?  (Read 6309 times)

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: The hell?
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2008, 11:37:13 pm »
Asperger's is my prob.
I don't think that's a good reason for posting "O RLY" over and over.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2008, 12:16:02 am »
Ramsus, not to question your authority, but are 3 consecutive posts really... necessary?

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2008, 12:28:58 am »
Three posts or one post three times the size, I don't think it matters. Granted its not as Aesthetically pleasing.

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2008, 12:44:05 am »
I was once the most hated person to ever be seen in a forum. I used to be the most ridiculous poster the Compendium has ever seen. Yes, Z, it's your favorite person... I am Matt Shadows. Everyone hated me, period. I guess you could say I was an attention whore. I felt that I had to be in every thread, making my thoughts known whether they pertain to the subject or not. It is something that I regret. I also regret confessing right now because I don't want to be banned. If I am to be banned, please wait until after the completion of CC:DBT.

But I know what it's like to be in Shadow's position. He'll mature eventually. Who knows, he may become a productive member of the Compendium as I have worked hard to be.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2008, 01:01:42 am »
If what you say is true Laith, you've really turned a new leaf. Nah, we'll keep you around because you're too good an example for others.

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2008, 01:08:19 am »
If Lord J was here... I wouldn't be. If you honestly knew how horrible I was back in '05, '06, one of those, you'd probably kick me out. I feel the Compendium is my home away from home... it's a place where I won't be judged for being myself. Zeality, I believe, probably has it out for me. He and Lord J both hated me. I was just a dumb kid, though.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2008, 01:19:20 am »
Eh, I don't care. God forbid I turn into djpretzel or other typical Internet-sysop irredeemably-petty fuckwads. Welcome back.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2008, 01:20:10 am »
In any case Laith, who you were and who you are are two separate things. Growth and self-perfection, too, are part of the Springtime of Youth.

Belaith

• I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2008, 01:25:07 am »
Eh, I don't care. God forbid I turn into djpretzel or other typical Internet-sysop irredeemably-petty fuckwads. Welcome back.
That's it? Wow, thanks ZeaLitY. As many times as I've tried to redeem myself and still act like an immature asshole I don't see how you wouldn't get rid of me. I thank you for that and you won't regret it.

In any case Laith, who you were and who you are are two separate things. Growth and self-perfection, too, are part of the Springtime of Youth.
I sure as hell don't miss those days. As I got older, I realized that things can't always be about me. I have to give some to receive some.

Ramsus

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2008, 01:42:44 am »
Ramsus, not to question your authority, but are 3 consecutive posts really... necessary?

No, they're not. I could've hit edit and Insert Quote apparently, but my connection was spotty, and I just wanted to wrap up everything real quick.

Unlike some forums, there's nothing wrong here with double posting and bringing up old threads here as long as it's not disruptive though. If anyone gives you anything about it, just quote me.

Also, I fixed the last little issues with the FAIL group. Other than not being able to post attachments, having extremely limited PM usage, a few other little nice things, and not being able to see a few extra forums, it should be a perfectly functioning account.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:45:10 am by Ramsus »

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2008, 01:44:29 am »
I understand. I just find it... inconvenient to browse through several consecutive posts from the same person. I'm NOT ENTIRELY against it but it does bug me to some degree.

Ramsus

« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2008, 01:56:46 am »
When you do it like I did it, yes, it's annoying, and there's no real need to most of the time. Feel free to point stuff like that out and complain about anything you want. You won't get arbitrarily punished, and you might make a valid point that changes an otherwise bad idea.

After all, if you head over to a lot of other forums, they'll flat out ban you for double posting. However, there are enough instances where it's useful that I don't think it should be some by-the-book rule.

There really shouldn't be a whole lot of rules here to begin with though, but when someone disruptive comes along, there's always pressure to add them. As a result, I occasionally step in and try to come up with alternatives to rules and banning people.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2008, 02:01:19 am »
Understood then. *smiles*

lockgar

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2009, 11:40:32 pm »
I've read some of Shadow's posts........ :picardno Now feel better about that actions taken here.

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2009, 11:30:31 am »
Here's a random question this thread brought up, which forums don't normally add to your post count? The RP forum was mentioned and I know the Springtime of Youth forum doesn't, any others?

Just kinda curious since it was brought up.