Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Prerelease Script and CT OAV Manga  (Read 2096 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Chrono Trigger Prerelease Script and CT OAV Manga
« on: January 09, 2009, 12:36:24 am »
I've finished a comprehensive four-column script for the Chrono Trigger Prerelease, including the Prerelease Japanese (ripped by Vehek and RyogaMasaki), translations of lines differing from the final, the final Japanese, and KWhazit's Retranslation for comparison. Though it hasn't been translated yet, numerous differences have already been found, such as the fact that Lucca was to reach 990 A.D. by way of the End of Time. Download the script here and check out the differences here. Here's a screenshot of that aforementioned event:

OAV MANGA  >>>  RioRock uploaded chapters 7-10 of the OAV manga. We'll have to keep an eye out for the Tankobon on auction sites. You can download the chapters here (it'll be 2 hours before the upload is finished, sadly).

FAN STUFF  >>>  Justin3009 submitted three new sprites - [ Schala - Schala - Robo Nu ]  From CronoBJS comes an old render of Zenan Bridge; view it here.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Chrono Trigger Prerelease Script and CT OAV Manga
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 12:47:32 am »
Ooo, nice updates.

Cyrus Punch? You're fucking kidding me.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 12:55:11 am »
Man, I love the "BG" typo. And Magus on the Blackbird would have been interesting! I wonder whether he would have told the party during the Blackbird flight about the Chrono Trigger, or afterward.

Ha! For some reason I just can't imagine Cyrus charging at Magus screaming the phrase, "Cyrus Punch!" It's like something out of an anime. Oh, wait, Toriyama was involved... 8)  In any case, I guess the Masamune is broken at that point, necessitating that Cyrus use the last means available to him.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 01:01:57 am »
And Magus on the Blackbird would have been interesting! I wonder whether he would have told the party during the Blackbird flight about the Chrono Trigger, or afterward.

I'd imagine he'd tell them directly afterward during the Epoch flight. But since he'd be optional and that's an important plot event, I'm guessing that's why he shows up at North Cape afterward instead.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 01:43:44 am »
I didn't read all of it, but I too enjoyed "Cyrus Punch"...another Tech (along with Nirvana Strike) for Cyrus should anyone ever put him into a hack...!

I also thought "The Blue Comet" was neat...Johnny seems like the kind of guy who would have multiple nicknames...:lol:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 01:45:47 am by V_Translanka »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 09:00:24 am »
Very nice job on this guys!

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 11:24:40 am »
BG could be simply background, a normal under construction tag - IIRC, that's the last gate made available in the EoT.  Or possibly a result of the change in the font table, where several kanji also shifted.

Interesting find with Magus on the Blackbird.