Author Topic: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)  (Read 62651 times)

dream of the shore

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Currently Playing? (Do NOT Just Make a List)
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2009, 06:26:17 pm »
Chrono Trigger DS
On my fourth playthrough. I could have gotten all the endings in two playthroughs, but I decided to start over at a few points, one of which being the wonderful wall glitch in the End of Time before I knew how to get out of it.

I'm not stopping until every character is Level **, I've completed the Beastiary and Item Lists, I've gotten every ending, and I have defeated the Red Nu Spekkio.

Chrono Cross
My first playthrough! I have been wanting to get the game for a while, and I finally got off my ass and ordered it after watching the opening cinematic every day for a week, and downloading the soundtrack. I'm not terribly far into it, just saved Kid from the Hydra Venom because I have a conscience (Glenn can wait for the second playthrough). I am eagerly awaiting finishing it, as I am a hopeless Kirge fan and I need to get a better insight into some elements of the story that reading spoilers won't give me. So far I am thoroughly enjoying this game, and I think every Cross hater needs to have their brains examined.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Practicing with Mr. G&W every day against level 9 CPUs. Not concerned about trophies.

Rayman: Raving Rabbids
I got myself a Wii and this was a gift. It's a kind of fun game, but it's nonsensical and obnoxious. Some of the minigames are more annoying then fun. I don't recommend it to most people.

Final Fantasy X
My third time playing it through. NO GUIDES NO CHEATING. The game is a million times easier to play when you frequently shift characters instead of playing favorites. I realized that I really HATE Yuna and I would rather Tidus get with Rikku. I have a thing for blonde thief girls I guess.

Radical Dreamers ~ Le Trésor Interdit
Unlocked three endings so far. Been picking at it lately. I fell MADLY in love with this game, and it's what made me decide that I had to get the Chrono Cross soundtrack, and at some point Chrono Cross itself. I use this game as a basis for Serge's character every time I picture the way he is in my head, and when I read/write fanfiction. It's so choice compared to the Silent Protagonist approach.

World of Warcraft
On and off. My interest has been waning in it. Undead Rogue, Horde, Azgalor, name is Slavery. I'm not level 80 yet because I'd rather play Chrono Cross.

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2009, 07:53:03 pm »
So, I just beat KH2 on Normal mode. Favorite thing about my battle report?

"Most used summon:
Chicken Little: 0 times"

Summons in that game suck.

I may go for Proud mode next, but I doubt it. The intro is annoying. I hate Sanctuary... Passion is so much better, just like Hikari kicks Simple and Clean's ass.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2009, 08:06:15 pm »
So in your opinion they're better b/c they're in Japanese, or were the lyrics, just better, and the fact that they're in Japanese just semantics?

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2009, 08:13:57 pm »
They sounded better, actually. The girl who did Simple and Clean sucks compared to Utada Hikaru and when she did Sanctuary, it didn't fit right with the other things. The lyrics played a big part in my decision, but mostly it was the sound. The beats and rhythms in Passion/Sanctuary worked so much better with the feel of the song in Japanese.

In fact, I feel the same way about Real Emotion. The girl who did Real Emotion in English sucked compared to her Japanese counterpart. I think they should've pulled an FF10 with it. In FF10, when they did Suteki Da Ne, no matter what version, you got the Japanese singer. I've always hated Eyes on Me (RINOA SHUT UP BEFORE I KILL YOU) and Melodies of Life was too long (dammit, Dagger, shut the hell up!).

Um... I'm thinking of Chrono Cross next. I didn't watch the full Time Devourer ending and I'm fuzzy on some of the details.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2009, 08:25:12 pm »
Passion, Simple and Clean, Sanctuary, and Hikari were all done by Utada Hikaru. She speaks English as well as she does Japanese.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2009, 08:27:19 pm »
She did Sanctuary, Passion, and Hikari, but not Simple and Clean. They had someone else do it. Which pisses me off.

I'm glad they didn't hire some sucky American singer to do Radical Dreamers for CC. Or worse, what they did for Melodies of Life. They hired a Chinese girl to do both versions of that.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2009, 08:34:20 pm »
I beat KHII in expert mode before I joined the Compendium. Now for Re:Chain Of Memories...

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2009, 08:37:28 pm »
Still kind of new to the whole thing. You know where to get Oricalchum + or however you spell it? Need those if I want Ultima Weapon.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2009, 08:39:52 pm »
She did Sanctuary, Passion, and Hikari, but not Simple and Clean. They had someone else do it.

Who did do it, then, since in the credits they said she did it.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2009, 08:42:36 pm »
Shadow, while You're here remove the Godamn Mother 3 spoiler. Please.

Now then... I honestly can't remember. It's been a while...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2009, 08:44:04 pm »
My response, Nerd.

REMOVE THAT BEFORE I HAVE TO SPEAR YOU.

Very well then...

*draws sword*

Come, if it is death you seek!

I tagged it. Not enough for ya? Go somewhere else. I did my part and tagged it.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2009, 08:48:28 pm »
Dude, YOU go somewhere else. Please add something about how spoilerific it is. C'mon, you're being a total asshole.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2009, 08:51:32 pm »
I tagged it. That is all I will do. My compassion for spoiler-haters at least go far enough that I tag spoilers. Don't like it? Leave. As I said, I've done my part.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2009, 08:57:54 pm »
OK both of you shut the fuck up.

In Shadow's defense - he shouldn't have to do anything else besides marking it as a spoiler

But in Nerd's defense - everyone scans ahead when they read. You pick out and recognize key words in sentences. When the spoiler tags tag an entire paragraph, you can easily block it out and choose to ignore it, but when they tag a short sentence - it is hard not to notice things. So yes, Shadow was being slightly dickish. But there's really nothing anyone can do about it.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2009, 09:02:39 pm »
Well apparently this was a retarded misunderstanding. On this new computer I'm on, it appears that he actually Highlighted it. So... It's my fault.