Author Topic: Chrono Trigger- Temporal Odyssey  (Read 11586 times)

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger- Temporal Odyssey
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 09:34:16 pm »
I saw that you changed your avatar to make it as such.

Yes, the CT system if very fun and I'd like us to work with it, if not something similar. I'm willing to go to something like classic Final Fantasy (one side = good guys, one side = enemies), but not to Pokemon (make your move and speed determines what happens first), because Pokemon sucks.

Um... I can do most of the text work and editing it, because I'm amazing at editing text. I have fixed errors on things my English teachers have given me.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 09:36:34 pm »
Hey, we can both do that, as I do the same thing and am doing it for CC:DBT now. I have a lot of things to do now, not to mention the Mother 3 playthrough which is experiencing more tech difficulties... And I do want it similar to Final Fantasy, though Random encounter's exclusion sounds good.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 09:42:54 pm by HyperNerd »

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 09:39:04 pm »
You do a crappy job of editing your normal posts, though. I'm sorry, but it needed to be said. But, yeah, we can work with the text, although I won't be online as much anymore. Lack of school time.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 09:41:33 pm »
Yep, I changed it to match my delema. Actually, Gonzaresu(Gonzales)/Gato is one of my favorite characters.

"Aa, Gonzaresu
Ore wa tsuyoi
Ore ni kattara shirubaa pointo..."

Anywho...I was actually thinking about putting that song in there somewhere. Perhaps the part in the village of Eldinia like I did in the RP, or a mountain village (it just reminds me of that), or even an encounter with Gato.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 09:43:44 pm »
It's the internet. But, whatever. I'm really easily annoyed today. Cool new avatar, TK.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 09:47:58 pm »
Aye, thanks. I was thinking about making a banner to go with it (I found the avatar on deviantart). I am now a Gato/Gonzaresu mind slave. *chuckles heartily*

On Topic:

Also, the drunk man is still sticking. We need him conveniently placed.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 05:25:40 pm »
Okay, I had, like, three hours of free time in school today, so I started some plotting for the story and game.

For the story...
-I'm thinking a 3rd person omniscient narrator. What this means is that we never know who the narrator is or what it is, but it can read the minds of all characters and isn't one of the characters. What I like to do with my 3rd person omniscient narrators is make them seem like they're entirely 3rd person, but at the end or somewhere in the middle, it's revealed that they are their own character. Like what I plan for my story. What I'm planning for the end of the series is that a new group decides that it isn't the Center of the Universe's fault their lives suck, but the higher power's. And I am the higher power. If I did that, the narrator would probably be us.

-We would follow Chris through Althrad and beyond, and use flashes of other places and times for important events away from Chris's group. The other characters' stories will be told via flashback sequences.

For the game...
-I work with the graphics, yes? Yes. I'm going to be reworking most of the Chrono Trigger sprites to make them our characters.
---Aderyn will use Marle. She's very much so like her and I can give her a book instead of her crossbow. The ponytail can easily be turned into pigtails.
---Seren will also use Marle for the same reasons. Will probably make a new set of graphics for Rogue, as well as a victory pose. The most difficult part will be the dress. Poofy things are hard to animate.
---Caelum will use Crono. Nerdy has already started work on that. But I'll polish it, most likely.
---Schala will use the custom sprites the various Schala projects use, if she's playable. If not, I'll probably just work with her NPC stuff.
------Lady Fate will use a recolored Schala. I'm thinking white dress and blonde hair, like what she has after you free her from the Time Devourer.
------Neo Zeal has been described as looking exactly like Zeal, so that's a no brainer.
---Zak will probably use Crono. Not sure on this one, though. If so, new victory pose is a must.
---Gin/Ginsuke will use Magus. Duh.
---Chris will be fun, as he normally uses an NPC sheet. I'm thinking a really edited Frog... probably not. Um... Crono, maybe?
---Shadow and Eket will be the challenging ones of them all. I know they're all difficult, but these guys will be fun. I think Eket will use Magus, but I have no point of reference for Shadow's character sprites. As obviously Richter Belmont has sprites... EDIT: From the picture Shadow provided, I do believe that his character will use Crono as a base, but not sure about it.

That's what I'm planning. What do you think?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 08:40:13 pm by teaflower »

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 08:53:46 pm »
Aye, I like that very much.

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 08:57:28 pm »
Okay, that's great. What I think I'll do is I'll draw how they should run, walk, cast magic, attack, laugh, victory poses... etc.. Tomorrow. Then, on Sunday I'll start with Aderyn/Seren, as I know what they should look like. And I'll go from there.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 09:04:34 pm »
I'm devoting the entire weekend to the project and you guys in general. I really like those ideas, Tea. I'll do any of them that you want when I'm done with Caelum. Of course, we need the members of Temporal Odyssey's help with deciding over all...

teaflower

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 09:07:24 pm »
Excellent! You work with Caelum (makes my life easier), I'll take my characters, and we can potentially divide the other characters amongst us. Though I'd like it if we used at least a similar spriting style.

What do you suggest for the characters that are kind of fuzzy? (Zak, Chris, Shadow, Eket) Crono is versatile, though Magus has the cloak for Eket. And the long hair.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 09:11:28 pm »
I dunno how I could get Chris done. There are very limited resources for his body. Of course, with some serious editting, I bet we could make him/me.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 09:29:55 pm »
 Ginsuke comes from a modified Magus sprite, since... you know, he still looks a little like him. But a lot of the ways he poses his body are like those used by Ayla. The legs-crossed sitting, the kicking...  not the crazy animal running though. It's up to you if you want to go so far as to do something like the mentioned sitting and kicking, but it would accent his character (especially if there was some sort of rice eating thrown in XD).

Gin is easier to make, as he's basically just Magus with short hair, ears, a normal complexion, and wearing all-black. The purpose behind this black wardrobe goes back to his role as Ginsuke, more than the fact that he was once Magus. It has nothing to do with being gothy, it's a matter of stealth, like a modified Ninja outfit. As recently seen in the RP though, he also still retains a FEW kung-fu moves. Nothing like fancy kicks, but he does have that focused punch, which is probably a lot like something Robo would do.

I'm just throwing this out, so you know. I'll leave it up to you whether or not to act upon it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 09:48:27 pm by Captain B »

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2009, 09:31:45 pm »
Alright, thanks. Yes, we should maintain a similar style. T.K, I'm sure we can find something in the millions of sprites on the internet. And Captain, thanks for the info, it will help a great deal.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2009, 09:43:41 pm »
Well, that's not my issue. My issue is the fact that I would prefer one that looks like my characters description when edited. Of course...I shouldn't have that issue.

*chuckles*