Author Topic: A New Project (Volunteers?)  (Read 1301 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
A New Project (Volunteers?)
« on: April 09, 2005, 06:43:10 pm »
Okay, as you may or may not know, I've been pretty ansy (antsy? ansey? w/e) because my comp pooped out and I had just finished writing a chapter of my Magus fanfic 'Magness'...Heck, I didn't realize until a little while ago that I should have skipped the damn chapter and wrote on, but now it's a little too late because I've forgotten what some of the characters situations were...SO...

I've decided to make a NEW fanfic! BUT...I would like to co-create this badboy with another of my fellow Compendiumers. I wouldn't mind collaborating with one or two others. I'm not wanting this to be as big a thing as the ZEAL Project, but I really want it to be a FANfic. I want it to be cool (if you've read my fanfic, you'll notice how hard i try to do this some times...sometimes a little too hard...); I want characters from the games, but I guess I'm not against original characters who have some ties with the game characters...

The way I see it is we could write one after another or, if you wanna be crazy, we could all write the same scene (sketched out beforehand) and then pick and choose various good bits from each and try and combine them or something...

I don't really have a concrete idea for what I want to write about exactly, so we can work on that too. Heh heh...

Check my fanfic out if you wanna see my style of writing and to see if you'd want to be involved in this with me.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 03:58:47 am »
I would love to do something, I had a fanfic going, but the storyline wasn't working out very well. I had an ok idea, but it wouldn't have worked out. Mostly because I had nowhere to go with it.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 02:47:56 am »
Well, since I don't really have a big idea right here...What was your idea? Maybe we could work something out together, or at the very least, maybe it would inspire me or something...

Although, I think I might get my Magness stuff worked out soon, I still really want to do this.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 05:08:46 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Maybe we could work something out together, or at the very least, maybe it would inspire me or something...

We writers are always in need of inspiration, aren't we? Anyway, I think I'm a little too archaic and formal in my style to be of much help; currently, I'm not even writing much of my own, but when I do... it's different, you know? Not exactly a standard style of writing. Well, that, and I've got some decidedly odd ideas with CT in writing that, through the course of years, have been ingrained too deeply in me to let me be objective. Like I said, I can write, but I doubt you'd really want me helping; everything to me becomes long-winded and grand battles and tragic legends and all. Good luck, though. I can assure you I know how incredibly difficult writing is.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 06:48:25 am »
Well, I don't know...But...Wait, do you have a fanfic on the Compendium? I'll look around...I'm pretty open for anything and new ways of looking at things too...So far I haven't made any battles too big, mostly one-on-one type stuff...I just don't know if I could write anything too big and still make it interesting myself...Hell, though, I'm willing to do this with anyone about much of anything, I think...Just as long as it's cool or w/e...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 04:13:35 am »
Well, I don't know...But...Wait, do you have a fanfic on the Compendium? I'll look around...I'm pretty open for anything and new ways of looking at things too...So far I haven't made any battles too big, mostly one-on-one type stuff...I just don't know if I could write anything too big and still make it interesting myself...Hell, though, I'm willing to do this with anyone about much of anything, I think...Just as long as it's cool or w/e...

I do have one here - my only one - although it is only the first three chapters, and those antiquated things are hardly representative of my current style. The fanfiction is far longer - it's near to the longest Chrono one ever written - but I keep forgetting to post the rest up. Perhaps I should get on that.
Anyway, I've usually found big battles to be very easy to write, as a matter of fact, only that they get a little tiring if done too often. All one has to do is step back and take sort of an epic-legendary, fully omniscient tale-telling view. Or, that's what I do, at any rate. I've written a good four or five large-scale battles in my time, and I've come to find that that style works. One has to give it a semi-legendary edge, and line-beginnings such as 'and it was said thereafter' or 'it seemed even that' and things of that nature work well to further that sort of thing.
Like I said, I'm a little too eccentric in my writing to be helpful in actual writing: I've got a wholly different style than anyone else I've ever seen on the net, and my views on the Chrono universe are semi-unique (Hadriel shares most of them.) I could give you suggestions on battles and fights and legendary style, perhaps, but I'd be wary about anything else - you'd probably just look at it and say 'where the heck did he get THIS from?' I've moved past fanfiction for the most part, anyway; I found I was too rebellious in writing my own style.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 08:21:07 pm »
Ah well, that's cool.

I just got a little idea just a while ago...Although I half-hate/half-love it currently...Mainly because it's...Magus...again...Although he'd probably just be Janus in this...

Well, the idea came because in the new Keystone timeline after Chrono & Co. fights Lavos and what-not...Janus and Melchior were sent away in a portal from Lavos, right? I was just wondering...what happens to them?

I would imagine that they would be sent to sometime around (probably a while before) 600AD or 1000AD because those are the times that Janus and Melchior (respectively) were sent in the original timeline...Although I think it might be a little more interesting to put them someplace else...

It might be interesting to see what would happen between the two of them, especially in the beginning...I would imagine Janus probably softening a bit, but over time, accepting Melchior as his guardian...He would be a completely different person from that which we know in the series thusfar...

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 09:17:16 pm »
But wouldn't they be TIME BASTARD'D?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 06:40:50 pm »
Oh yeah, I forgot about that (mainly because I'm still not sure exactly how that works...).

Also, I was recently thinking about making a fanfic with the winners of the Chrono Cross Favorite Character by way of Element polls...That could be fun...I haven't really written about Kid yet, and I could find that interesting if she's paired up with a cast of other favs...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 09:49:02 pm »
Ah well, that's cool.

I just got a little idea just a while ago...Although I half-hate/half-love it currently...Mainly because it's...Magus...again...Although he'd probably just be Janus in this...

Well, the idea came because in the new Keystone timeline after Chrono & Co. fights Lavos and what-not...Janus and Melchior were sent away in a portal from Lavos, right? I was just wondering...what happens to them?

I would imagine that they would be sent to sometime around (probably a while before) 600AD or 1000AD because those are the times that Janus and Melchior (respectively) were sent in the original timeline...Although I think it might be a little more interesting to put them someplace else...

It might be interesting to see what would happen between the two of them, especially in the beginning...I would imagine Janus probably softening a bit, but over time, accepting Melchior as his guardian...He would be a completely different person from that which we know in the series thusfar...

In which way? A Merlin-like figure of the Good Enchanter?

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 01:35:14 pm »
Well, since I don't really have a big idea right here...What was your idea? Maybe we could work something out together, or at the very least, maybe it would inspire me or something...

Although, I think I might get my Magness stuff worked out soon, I still really want to do this.

I always wanted to do something with Dalton, since his exit from the game left so many questions. Maybe Magus could encounter him trying to find Schala?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2005, 03:39:49 pm »
Quote from: Guardian_of_Ages
In which way? A Merlin-like figure of the Good Enchanter?

Uh...sure, why not?

I'm not big on king arthur type mythos...Although I kind of have a story that uses the myth somewhat...Only I make Arthur kind of evil...and I think I made the Excalibur the former sword of Lucifer or something...

Quote from: CTcronoboy
I always wanted to do something with Dalton, since his exit from the game left so many questions. Maybe Magus could encounter him trying to find Schala?

I like the Dalton idea, another heavily fanfic'd idea, like Magus' search for Schala, but I like something that you have to be heavily original with...I wouldn't necessarily want to put Dalton in a story with Magus (especially since I really wouldn't see him popping up in Magness for any real reason) and I've already pretty much planned out the entirety of Magness...But a solo Dalton expedition might be worth looking into...

Although I never truly understood Dalton's character...besides being power hungry, he seemed like a quasi-comic relief bad guy. To base a whole fanfic around that would have to be either completely serious and dark toned or completely off-the-wall kind of hilarity (why can't i spell worth a damn?). I personally like the latter. Making a mostly funny little epic about Dalton and wtf happens to him when his summon goes bad...

Picture it...Golem World! :lol: