Author Topic: Serge = Magus  (Read 12419 times)

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Serge = Magus
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 08:51:04 am »
If anything, I find the Magus is Wazuki, and Crono is Miguel far more likely and appealing. Like in Magus' ending, something new was born "from" him. He never meets Schala, but at least his son was the one who was able to save her. He then marries her aunt. o.O

Anyways, it would be great if the new game was like a completely redone Chrono Cross. They'd have to eliminate over half the roster, do some heavy plot editing, and some new content. The Zelda people should also do a remake on The Legend of Zelda with similar enhancements.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 01:36:20 am »
If anything, I find the Magus is Wazuki, and Crono is Miguel far more likely and appealing. Like in Magus' ending, something new was born "from" him. He never meets Schala, but at least his son was the one who was able to save her. He then marries her aunt. o.O

Anyways, it would be great if the new game was like a completely redone Chrono Cross. They'd have to eliminate over half the roster, do some heavy plot editing, and some new content. The Zelda people should also do a remake on The Legend of Zelda with similar enhancements.

This thread started with incest implied, and you're debunking that to suggest a different KIND of incest. In my mind I had NEVER paired the idea of incest and the game CT! :o

...except when the 600ad king thought Marle was Leene...  :(

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 12:14:21 am »
Kingdoms are usually fairly incestuous...It's all about the bloodline, after all...>_>

Oh, and I still stand by that it's NOT a wedding photo (do a lot of wedding photos have the bride sitting down like that?) and that it's NOT Serge (why not show the face if it is?).

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 07:54:35 am »
Kingdoms are usually fairly incestuous...It's all about the bloodline, after all...>_>

Oh, and I still stand by that it's NOT a wedding photo (do a lot of wedding photos have the bride sitting down like that?) and that it's NOT Serge (why not show the face if it is?).

There is concept art of Serge in that clothing, but I'm curious... Who do you think it is? Don't tell me it's Magus. >.>

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 08:15:37 am »
concept=/=final

...and don't tell me what to do! If I had a guess, yes, I'd go with Magus (it's always looked like that's long Magus-like hair in the pic to me, but others argue that it's just window drapes or w/e). Makes the most sense that they wouldn't show his face even.

Don't tell me you don't have a reason for why they wouldn't show Serge's face. Oh wait, looks like you don't since you didn't and there isn't.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 08:20:28 am »
And your reason for not showing his face is...? I don't get how you can say it makes the most sense for it to be Magus, since he never made an appearance throughout the entire game, and him being the one on the photo would really be like "Sorry for not having Magus here guys but guess what he found Schala and live happily ever after bye". There's also the thing that Schala keeps ranting about finding "him" and then the picture shows. You don't actually think she was talking about Magus as well, right?

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 08:56:23 am »
It's because he never made an appearance in the game that they wouldn't show his face...And I don't see why she would look for Serge...For one, she should know where he is and for two...why look for him (who would be basically a stranger, though kind, to her) at all and not her own sibling? Much less MARRY him!

There's no real way to know for a fact that it's Magus though unless Kato says so or we get a new game or CC remake...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 12:05:16 pm »

That's definitely a curtain behind him, not his hair, unless the photo was taken outside (with that kind of chair?) and somehow there was a gust of wind that blew on his hair but on nothing else in the picture (Schala's hair and dress are totally unaffected, etc.). It's apparently the left curtain of a window and you can see the right curtain at the top right corner between Schala's hair and the picture frame.

Also Masato Kato talked about that ending in the translated part of the Ultimania Developers interview, and he explained it in terms of Serge and Kid and "boy meets girls" stuff. He said nothing about Magus being involved in it.

Setheus

• Porrean (+50)
  • One who knows nothing can understand nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 02:02:41 pm »
I really need to replay Cross. . . again. I know CT like the back of my hand Ive been through it so many times but CC Ive only beat a handful of times and I took it different each time. Even after that being said I really cant find much logic behind the original thought of this thread. Sorry =P

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 03:41:59 pm »
how is everybody so sure that's even kid? i don't get it. it's an anime-looking girl. how many of those are playable characters? tons.

besides, i have a different theory. it's not serge and kid. it's serge's mom and wazuki, as that guy's clothes look VERY similar to lynx's outfit. plus that photo looks old-timey. not like the one in the anime version of the ct intro, which was full color, and took place 20 years before we see this photo.

whaddaya think?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 04:01:41 pm »
It's Serge and Kid (Schala). The whole ending is about them. See Kato's Ultimania Developers interview.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 04:19:13 pm »
how is everybody so sure that's even kid? i don't get it. it's an anime-looking girl. how many of those are playable characters? tons.

besides, i have a different theory. it's not serge and kid. it's serge's mom and wazuki, as that guy's clothes look VERY similar to lynx's outfit. plus that photo looks old-timey. not like the one in the anime version of the ct intro, which was full color, and took place 20 years before we see this photo.

whaddaya think?

Regardless of in what time CT was, you can never tell when their picture was taken. It could have been years and years later.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 04:49:44 pm »
And although Serge's wedding/formal outfit looks suspiciously like Lynx's garb, we can see Serge wearing it in his concept art. The caption is translated as Formal wear Serge. Lightly studded with accessories.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 05:38:38 pm »
okay, i get it. you guys don't think so. but nobody has a practical reason why it definitely couldn't be wazuki and serge's mom, right?

It's Serge and Kid (Schala). The whole ending is about them. See Kato's Ultimania Developers interview.
the ending is about serge and kid, so a photo of serge's family is out of the question?

Regardless of in what time CT was, you can never tell when their picture was taken. It could have been years and years later.
can't tell when the picture was taken? so it could have been years and years later...or earlier...

And although Serge's wedding/formal outfit looks suspiciously like Lynx's garb, we can see Serge wearing it in his concept art. The caption is translated as Formal wear Serge. Lightly studded with accessories.
concept=/=final

ok just so you know what i'm looking for, here's the reasons why i think it's very practical and incredibly possible to not be serge or kid:

1. can't see his face. did you ever see wazuki's face? really, i don't know. could be why.

2. picture looks old. like really old.

3. where'd that catillion gown come from with the big rose on the side? kid never wears anything like that, even in concept art i'm pretty sure (correct me if i'm wrong here please)

4. it's pretty blurry. even when i hold CTRL and + to get in close on the face (i use an hdtv as a monitor so it gets pretty big) the girl's face is indistinct.

5. memories get erased at the end. so there's probable chance that they don't remember each other, much less chance that they get married.

6. i've never seen a wedding photo that looked like that. there's nothing on her head to indicate that she's a bride. no veil, no visible garland. no flowers. no nothing. i know this one's a stretch but really at least i have reason to support my belief.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 05:55:29 pm »
can't tell when the picture was taken? so it could have been years and years later...or earlier...

Indeed, which is why you cannot use that argument to verify this one.

1. can't see his face. did you ever see wazuki's face? really, i don't know. could be why.

Here's Wazuki's face

3: Why in the hell would Wazuki, an ordinary fisherman, wear a costume like that? You said it can't be a wedding photo, so a wedding costume is out of the picture. Same goes for Marge, who's just the wife of a poor fisherman. Luxurous clothing is a no no.

And 4: Marge is a brunette, not a blonde.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:57:01 pm by Dark Serge »