Author Topic: Doomsday Scenario: Lavos  (Read 30600 times)

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Doomsday Scenario: Lavos
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2005, 11:02:27 pm »
Quote from: Burning Zeppelin
hey, i killed Lavos mainly by using swordplay. Bu a whole army i would presume would be able to defeat it.

An army of weak soldiers is no substitute for a team of souped up time travelers.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2005, 01:48:08 pm »
Quote from: GrayLensman
An army of weak soldiers is no substitute for a team of souped up time travelers.

But if they had them level up for a couple of years then they could be able to.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2005, 10:22:51 pm »
Level them up on *what*, exactly? They don't really have random monsters to shoot/bomb, as modern civilization has obliterated most of that. And even if they did travel to heavily populated animal habitats, what they'd be doing is illegal.

Throw in the fact that they also don't have magic...

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2005, 04:24:07 am »
Hey, if we can get magic, so can they. I mean...we weren't destined, were we? Plus, you cannot presume that all the monsters would be destroyed, could you? And anyway, there are other ways to level up.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2005, 11:37:02 am »
Kicking a singing Robot's butt a "few" times.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2005, 01:07:28 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
And even if they did travel to heavily populated animal habitats, what they'd be doing is illegal.

Not if it's in the name of the safty of the world.

But they would possibly use combat bots to level up

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2005, 02:23:42 pm »
"Leveling up" is essentially a gameplay function.  There is also no clear picture how the time travelers were able to achieve the superhuman power necessary to fight Lavos.

It could depend on talent, training, or an external influence.

I consider that the time traveler's superhuman abilities were granted by the Planet by sacrificing the spiritual essence of its inhabitants, i.e. the monsters.  In the middle ages, Magus tried to do this by force.

The Shadow

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Lavos doomsday theory
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2005, 05:21:02 pm »
I think that the time between lavos emerging from the ground and then blowing up everything was about ten and a half minutes.  The problem is, if Lavos did show up, we wouldn't really know what it wanted (like when the aliens showed up in that Independence Day movie), so we would treat it as some sort of natrual disaster, like a tornado, not something that wanted to deystroy us.

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2006, 10:35:21 pm »
The day that Lavos rises, it shall be us, the Chrono Trigger fans, who shall rise from the ashes with the knowledge of how to sedate the beast.  We would then in essence become the heros of time, and the world would thank us for all eternity.

But since nobody would probably listen to us or believe that the creature was a bloated tick-like parasite who caused the ice-age, destroyed a floating nation, and could warp time and space, we're screwed.

Mystik3eb

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2006, 01:39:29 am »
Especially when we tell them that our knowledge comes from a video game.

Especially when they find out that the Dragonball guy had something to do with it.

Haters. Peh.

DoomSickle

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Insane and happily so
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2006, 12:49:21 pm »
You're all forgetting one thing: that Lavos' energy distorts time, creating gates. As such, there would be gates popping up in certain areas and whatnot. Going by this, there are people out there with more than half a brain; somebody would figure out that they could alter time using the gates, and perhaps get thrown into something akin to the middle ages. (Arthurian time, perhaps?) That, and assuming the big rock that killed the dinosaurs was Lavos, then there would most likely be some form of Magic-using humans when we finally came around. Hence, the whole Atlantis thing would occur (mirroring what happened with Zeal) and then, well, you get the idea. I'm just saying that you're all forgetting that Lavos's mere existence would muck up time beyond recognition.
(Come to think of it, I'm getting some pretty wierd fanfic ideas here...)
However, Chrono mechanics aside, we would get our asses kicked by Lavos, hands down.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2006, 07:20:54 pm »
The day that Lavos rises, it shall be us, the Chrono Trigger fans, who shall rise from the ashes with the knowledge of how to sedate the beast. We would then in essence become the heros of time, and the world would thank us for all eternity.

But since nobody would probably listen to us or believe that the creature was a bloated tick-like parasite who caused the ice-age, destroyed a floating nation, and could warp time and space, we're screwed.

I love you :D

Especially when we tell them that our knowledge comes from a video game.

Especially when they find out that the Dragonball guy had something to do with it.

Haters. Peh.

*emo tears*

(Come to think of it, I'm getting some pretty wierd fanfic ideas here...)

Already there >:D

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2006, 07:56:02 pm »
Ok if Lavos came we would try to nuke it... and we would bomb all our nukes, which would probably break like one of Lavos' pointy things (ok someone tell me what these are called.... I am really out of it... is it spines?).  At the same time we would have pretty much filled up this world with radiation, completed fked up the atmosphere, and then Lavos would give an equivilant of a tear (breaking a pointy thingy would probably hurt... not much but I would be sad if I just saw one fall off...), and then of course blow us up.
Except where in CT there are survivors, for us everyone dies of cancer who survived.

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2006, 08:46:41 pm »
Chances are that we'd beat Lavos to destroying the world.  He'd come up and see that we've already nuked ourselves into extinction, so there probably wouldn't be too much left to destroy.  :P

Ah, always to optimistic one, aren't I? :wink:

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2006, 07:33:31 pm »
Thats what I was thinking...
DAY OF LAVOS:
Massive abyss is ripped in the ground and the great ominous figure of Lavos.
Complete emptiness except for some pitiful excuses of ruins.  Air filled with massive radiation.
Lavos "looks" around.  Mentally thinks, "Sweet... I always knew that this would be the best planet to conquer.  Man they even made it lovely radioactive air... how nice of them.  Well now to spawn."
END OF DAY OF LAVOS.