Author Topic: Animation Workshop!!  (Read 2274 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Animation Workshop!!
« on: March 19, 2009, 01:32:56 pm »
 :lee: GIVE IT UP FOR MAH RETURN, MAN!!! :lee:

Finally done with my project! Now, as I promised, I'll set up an Animation Workshop specially for Chrono Compendium! We've had "fanarts", "fan-games", "fan-fiction".... But where the heck are "fan-movies"?!?!

Okay, in this thread we not only discuss but also create animated stuff! You've seen that Robo and Gato 3D videos, now you can do something like that too!

This Animation Workshop is free to be used by everyone. In this thread we collaborate! Obviously, because one cannot finish a movie alone (but I'll be doing it alone anywhos even if nobody wants to XD). Of course, whatever storyboard one is working for is okay, but the current focus will follow FaustWolf's Chrono Cross: Darkness Beyond Time FMV. The first one will be Fall of Guardia, which will not only be an FMV sequence but also a "Fan work/doujin" to explain what really happened at the Fall of Guardia.

Artwork:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o138/tushantin/crondalt.jpg
It's a rough sketch of design only for me. If anyone else wants to help out lemme know and I'll make a detailed one for your convenience. XD

Storyboard
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3

Other Reference
http://javcrimson.deviantart.com/art/Chrono-Trigger-Far-Off-Promise-98425850

Fall of Guardia: Dalton's meets his match
Script:

The entire of Guardia and Truce has been destroyed. Corpses lay everywhere, and all that's left of houses are small debris. Nadia's Bell has fallen far away, as Crono sees. Marle is dead. In just a day his entire life collapsed in front of his eyes. Whatever had he done to deserve this... Whatever can bring his beloved back to life... He thought this as he lay Marle down close to the pillar of Nadia's Bell. He glances around to meet Dalton's eyes.

Dalton, holding the Masamune, was in a fit of laughter. He found himself to be unbeatable. Unstoppable. And there, his worst enemy stands glaring at him, utterly defeated and helpless, unable to protect anyone anymore.

Galeron: Do not under any circumstances indulge yourself with Dalton! Please, Your Highness, call for us if the need may arise!

Crono had remembered this warning by his best of knights. He smirked at himself, and removed his cape, clutching the sheath of his sword, eye on eye with Dalton, who smiled back. Fury powered him like a friggin Super Saiyan and Crono's hair began moving abnormally.

Dalton's Masamune turned to a demonic form as his eyes went blood red.

And without a word, they strike!

<Insert battle here>

With his final Limit Break like attack, it seemed Crono had defeated his foe. But from behind Dalton struck, piercing Crono's chest with the Masamune. His sword finally fell. He glanced at the side. Galeron was running towards him. But his sight began to fade. Dalton removed the sword from his chest and kicked him. Crono fell, wanting to hold Marle's hand before his last breath left his lungs. His sight faded, and he could see, hear or think... nothing...

XDDD That's the short story! Be sure to discuss all the cool scenes we could place here! Like Crono kicking, or Dalton's upper cut and sort. You know, how the fight would progress!

Also, you could also mention certain cool animated scenes you'd like to do or like to see.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:13:26 pm by tushantin »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Animation Workshop!!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 03:51:53 pm »
Well, to put it rightly, CC:DBT isn't so much "mine" as it will be the fan community's. If you're going the way I think you are with this animation project, I take it it'll be a Dalton vs. Crono sorta thing?

Just be sure to keep spoilers from a certain other fan project out of this tushantin. It shouldn't coincide eventwise, but I just want to make sure.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 05:16:34 am »
 :lol: Don't worry, no spoilers or much of info leak! We do need to keep most of the info top secret, but "the idea of the project" which is okay for the rest to hear is.... okay for the rest to hear. And yeah, it's the Dalton vs Crono thingy.

The animation would be the final battle showing Crono and Dalton crossing swords to duel to death, so nothing specific would be shown except for Crono remembering Galeron/Genzo asking his King not to involve into battle with Dalton at all costs and keep protecting Marle. But the thing is, Marle is already dead.

Even if this scene has certain contradictions to CCDBT's time frame we could always improvise; either that, or let this just be a "CC + CT" tribute.  :lol: Either way, it'd make a great prologue FMV, dontchya think? The video could be edited to suit CCDBT later.

Yourgingerestfan

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 12:46:33 pm »
It would be nice to see the orphanage and kid and the masked man running from it as well . and perhaps some characters we have planned but lets not give too much away xD

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 05:06:56 pm »
Actually tushantin, I might have another cool idea for the animation (Crono & Dalton could still be in though). Do you have a planned length for the animation?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 09:29:37 pm »
I would love to see Crono use one of his tech's...  Sort of like how Cloud uses his Limit Breaks in FFVII: Advent Children.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 04:45:16 am »
@Yourgingerestfan: Count it in! XD If I manage to recreate "fire" anime-style in 2D animation, of course.

@FaustWolf: There's no limit to the length of animation (though the longer it is the longer it'll take to make it) because it'll be an Epilogue chapter for AEHU but starring Crono. XD Though if we also wanna insert the secne in CCDBT then video editing can be done. So don't worry about long ideas, just let me know. What do you have in mind?

@Boo: HELL YEAH!! =D The fight'll be just the kind! I've even thought of a similar Limit Break Crono can use; Full body Luminance (sorta like Nappa in DBZ, except Crono would shine like Super Sonic) and then Frenzy, Omnislash like attack, on Dalton. How about it?  :D

Character design update!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 04:47:40 am by tushantin »

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 01:14:35 pm »
First three pages of the storyboard, updated!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 03:24:33 pm »
Nice job! Dalton and Crono look intense.

Tell ya what, I think I know the direction you're going in with Marle, but it might be truer to CC:DBT if she escapes with Magil while Crono has his duel with Dalton (that was going to be my suggestion earlier, forgot to post it till now). She could always be exhausted from defending her kingdom and not necessarily skewered Aeris-style.

It would be hilarious if you started out Maggiekarp-style and had Dalton just ring the buzzer on Castle Guardia's front door...

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 03:41:37 am »
ROFL!! Pranky ringing on Guardia's door! xDDD That could be done, but the animation might take a little too long. But hey, we could always integrate em. I might make a chibi spoof animation of that.

Ah, that's something that I had in mind. I didn't show Marle's death there, because Crono carrying her to Nadia's Bell can have two meanings.
1) Marle died, either shot by a soldier, stabbed by Dalton, or ate her own shoe. Or
2) She was unconscious and is ABOUT to get killed by Dalton, but Crono saves her Goku-style.

:lol: Depends what the fans think. 1st would be truer to CC classic, while second may be truer to CCDBT. After Crono's death, Genzo/Galeron comes for backup but realizes that his highness hasn't listened to him. So yeah, him, Magil and Marle... You know the rest.  8)

FouCapitan

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Whatever it is, I'm against it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 04:49:42 am »
It would be hilarious if you started out Maggiekarp-style and had Dalton just ring the buzzer on Castle Guardia's front door...

Hell, you and Maggiekarp should get together and storyboard then animate a series of short Chrono gag clips.  That would be entertaining as hell!

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 09:12:36 am »
Urgent announcement: It seems Dalton vs Crono battle would have to wait, for there seems to be another important FMV/Animation sequence requested by the team. But don't worry, this would be just as significant. xD And just as Chrono relevant.

Do wait as the requests are confirmed. Then we might have something REALLY tasty! Those wanna voice act can let me know. Until then, watch this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHWTwUr0bW0

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 11:32:59 pm »
the story is  a nice contrast to my alt. timeline fall of guardia.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 03:13:38 am »
 :lol: Actually not much thought was put into this, just logical analysis. I wanted to do a scene like this, so things were straight forward, keeping CT's ending and CC's past in mind.

But I figure for the time being I'll have to halt Dalton vs Crono and concentrate on an animated tribute to... well, it's a secret. :wink: You'll have to wait till it's released.

skylark

• Poet of El Nido
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 03:31:41 am »
But I figure for the time being I'll have to halt Dalton vs Crono and concentrate on an animated tribute to... well, it's a secret. :wink: You'll have to wait till it's released.

*Prays*

Let it be Schala, let it be Schala, let it be Schala...

*gets slapped*

Ow...