Author Topic: Attention  (Read 10080 times)

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Re: Attention
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 11:42:15 pm »
postcount vs the amount of time you have been here and posting style save for one very long epic post you made.  

But its somewhat of a hollow accusation, just strange that more than one person came to the same conclusion.  

so... someone read that post? *shrug* I found a few flaws with what i wrote then, but it still would mainly hold up...
...lest the post that you're talking about wasn't the theoretical one?

postcount is large because I have nothing to do

are my posts truly such a nuisance to you all?
I keep an eye out and notify if I find any copy, Z. My I ask about TF though?

IAmSerge, are you sure you aren't Shadow Darkman...?

I heard of the hell that "he" put you through...

I should stab your post where it stands!
This sounds even more like him >_>

twas merely a joke anyways

Eske

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 11:48:44 pm »
We are definately talking about the same post.  And it doesn't matter if you are him or not to me since I never had much of an issue.  I just worry about continuous, small, one sentence posts - as if the forum were a chat room or AIM.   You aren't at the felony point with that yet, so don't think I'm on your back or anything - its all good.

Your epic post has some really good ideas,  I hope to see more of that in other "chrono mechanics" threads.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 11:53:10 pm by Eske »

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 11:51:26 pm »
Chill pal, no one's really worried that you're Shadow--just learn from his mistakes: post well, be literate, be an intellectual, contribute to the topic at hand. And with that, we're done talking about you.

Zeality, or anyone who could provide a response, what is next on the course of action for you guys? I know Agent12 tried calling, but do you guys have some kind of plan for the future? You don't have reveal it, I'm just looking for a yes or no.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 11:55:24 pm »
So... IAmSerge... How did you hear about the "hell" he put us through?  I don't recall seeing ANYONE mention him in the two-three weeks you've been here...

I started saying that sarcastically, but actually, now that I think on it...

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 12:00:22 am »
So... IAmSerge... How did you hear about the "hell" he put us through?  I don't recall seeing ANYONE mention him in the two-three weeks you've been here...

IRC is how I was told.  I have gained more of a reputation there than on the actual forums...

I do not really remember any of the details, but I do remember that it sounded quite displeasureable...
Or to be less formal, it seemed like it sucked, alot.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 02:00:29 am »

IRC is how I was told.  I have gained more of a reputation there than on the actual forums...

I do not really remember any of the details, but I do remember that it sounded quite displeasureable...
Or to be less formal, it seemed like it sucked, alot.

You know that is a tad bit odd dontcha think? I say we punish him till he talks....*cracks whip*

My God I think he may have been right I have an unhealthy desire to punish Serge with whips....or should i say SHADOW!  :x.... :shock:.... :?..... :( I just realised I don't remember who Shadow is...now my punishment goes to waste....

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 02:28:22 am »
I think that a cool next Chrono game would be interaction between the real world and a dream world....

...but now I sound too much like FFX, dont I?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 04:31:06 am »
You see, I've been saying the whole "is Serge SDD?" thing for a while, but I'm not so sure that it is...I think it's just a coincidence that someone with similar bad posting etiquette appeared after our last one *ahem* left. "n00bs are like RPG monsters..." & all that.

Anyways, as for the topic at hand, I'm glad it's been addressed finally. All of the stupid people saying, "Oh, I bet this will be leaked eventually because the beta testers have copies. *DERP DERP*" are stupid. No one that could have had a copy still stupidly has one on their computers. No one is willing to risk not only their own information getting out, but everyone else's because they (SE/lawyers/whatever) will have the right, if a leak were to ever happen, to request all or any of the admins IPs.

While it's lame that things have gone down this way, it's also just a game to everyone not suing someone else and not worth the money or even possible court time...Time to move on.

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 04:32:31 am »
You see, I've been saying the whole "is Serge SDD?" thing for a while, but I'm not so sure that it is...I think it's just a coincidence that someone with similar bad posting etiquette appeared after our last one *ahem* left. "n00bs are like RPG monsters..." & all that.

Anyways, as for the topic at hand, I'm glad it's been addressed finally. All of the stupid people saying, "Oh, I bet this will be leaked eventually because the beta testers have copies. *DERP DERP*" are stupid. No one that could have had a copy still stupidly has one on their computers. No one is willing to risk not only their own information getting out, but everyone else's because they (SE/lawyers/whatever) will have the right, if a leak were to ever happen, to request all or any of the admins IPs.

While it's lame that things have gone down this way, it's also just a game to everyone not suing someone else and not worth the money or even possible court time...Time to move on.

and yet, in contrast, I try to be the mature one on IRC...

...and atleast I'm not those people telling SE to eat dicks. Ugh

When you quote the entire post that came right before yours, you might want to edit the quote so that the person you're quoting knows what part you're referencing...Or, you know...just not do that at all...
~V_Translanka

« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 05:11:47 am by V_Translanka »

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 06:30:56 pm »
So,,,even if you can't ever release the game, can you tell us what the plot was and all? What would happen to the characters? That's not illegal, right? Just tossing around ideas...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 06:37:19 pm »
So,,,even if you can't ever release the game, can you tell us what the plot was and all? What would happen to the characters? That's not illegal, right? Just tossing around ideas...

No, that much would be perfectly legitimate. Squre Enix would still not approve, but they pick their battles, and they wouldn't battle that. It's up to the Crimson Echoes team, of course, to decide what to do, but my hunch is that I think you can look forward to learning all about the game's story, even if you won't be able to play the game itself.

Spoom

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 06:39:22 pm »
One could argue that fanfiction is not protected under fair use, since it's not parody or critical commentary.

One could rightly argue that it was a straight out derivative work, and therefore a copyright infringement if not authorized.

And it's not like it costs SE a lot of money to send out Cease and Desist letters.

Fair warning, I suppose.

Katie Skyye

• Poet of El Nido
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • And you'll never catch her...
    • View Profile
    • Katie Skyye's Deviantart
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 06:41:32 pm »
Thanks. While I'm here, where would I go about submitting a tribute to the project and those who worked on it? It's fanart...

Captain_Falcon

• Iokan (+1)
  • Paunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 06:57:39 pm »
Oh well. I was looking forward to reading what the story was all about. And who that new character was.  :wink:

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 07:30:20 pm »
Since it's been asked multiple times:

When it becomes 100% sure that square is not going to negotiate then we will look into releasing the plot.

Katie, I think you can probably release it under submissions? (assuming that board exists)

--JP