Author Topic: Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 7; Alpha Leakers Banned  (Read 25443 times)

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Leakers Banned
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2009, 01:34:57 pm »
DarkSerge had nothing to do with the leak, that was a separate incident. As far as I am aware.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2009, 01:36:13 pm »
I won't request you remove names*. I'm proud to have been a part of that conversation

EDIT: * MY names

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2009, 01:47:52 pm »
Alcyone, was the "Courtesy of Dark Serge" message in a .txt file or something? Does anyone know if it was stuffed in a .zip or something?

I'd like to let JoeMama know that each of those little flames surrounding Robo in "VulcanPulse" has its own object code. If he wants to replicate what's in the videos exactly, he should expect about a 10 hour learning curve for the techs if he's used to working with whatever old copy of the tech editor that might be floating around out there, and then two to four hours per tech once he gets his bearings. Also, the tech editor still lacked several functions that were absolutely vital, so he'll have to use a hex editor at some points. Hope he has fun with that; I know I did.

phelph

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2009, 01:56:07 pm »
what a mess.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2009, 02:11:11 pm »
Tea was in IRC and as soon as I logged in she asked me to post a message on her SOY thread. It's there if you care to read it, cause she can't.

If I wasn't supposed to, I'm sorry. But in any case I didn't edit a thing, it's her words 100% after the horizontal rule (the line).

I can't attest to it's validity but if you care to read it or delete it you know where it is.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2009, 02:47:34 pm »
I did not approve anything. Even if I wanted a leak, I'd complain about an alpha cause I'm a bleeding edge person.

Again, I can say I wish I could beat the lot of you dogs with an iron bat.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2009, 02:51:48 pm »
Schala, if you're so innocent, take a chill.  Honestly.  All your talks of violence is just tarnishing your reputation.  Not that it matters, but already I've lost so much respect for you just due to your reaction and your words here.  Just take a chill pill.  If you're innocent, you're innocent.  As of right now no one is officially blaming you for anything - but if you continue acting the way you are, good Lord you are drawing suspicion to yourself.  K?  Just calm down... Take a nice deep breath... No need to make threats.

Ramsus

• Entity
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2009, 03:05:25 pm »
I did not approve anything. Even if I wanted a leak, I'd complain about an alpha cause I'm a bleeding edge person.

Again, I can say I wish I could beat the lot of you dogs with an iron bat.

Yeah, you were accidentally identified as a leak conspirator and banned for a couple of hours. We're sorry about that. Maybe a couple hundred people who will never know you saw your name on a list and left. Boo-fucking-hoo. Doesn't mean you deserve any more respect for being proved not a party in this case than you had before you were considered to be involved.

Also, I don't see how anyone would want to apologize to you if you keep acting up either. If anything, you've taken this rather poorly, especially considering the outcome was so minimal. Grow some fucking tact and learn to just shut up and chill. Stupid threats and pompous demands won't get you anything. Wrongs will be righted in time, but not if you act like an asshole.

If anything, due to your responses, you've drawn more negative attention to yourself on the matter than you gained by being in the original post. Just step back and forget about it for a while.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 03:07:29 pm by Ramsus »

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2009, 03:15:48 pm »
This C&D has made me very sad over the past couple of weeks.  I mean, when I signed up on the 9th, everyone seemed so happy.  You were all getting along, Crimson Echoes was coming out at the end of the month, There was just so much to talk about.  Now, some are at eachother's throats, some are trying to maintain order of the situation as much as they can, and some are just sitting there, powerless to do anything, but see no reason to get mad.  This place is just so sad and gloomy now.  *Sigh* oh well, it's teh interwebz, and teh interwebz are srs bsnss.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2009, 03:26:16 pm »
So, hey, uh, how about those kickass videos JP posted? Huh, huh?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2009, 03:41:58 pm »
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3145716&pagenumber=1

Something Awful is talking about it guys.

And Zeality, people still think you're a douche.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2009, 04:03:01 pm »
from the few times I've ever been to SA forums it seemed to just reek of the typical internet stereotypes.  There's some people that you just can't please.

--JP

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2009, 04:05:08 pm »
from the few times I've ever been to SA forums it seemed to just reek of the typical internet stereotypes.  There's some people that you just can't please.

--JP

I just go there for the Let's Plays.

I was actually thinking about doing a Let's Play of Crimson Echoes, but you guys beat me to it.

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2009, 04:05:55 pm »
One thing I'd worry about: these people you banned didn't have any other builds of the game besides the alpha, did they? Now that they're banned, there wouldn't be anything besides basic human decency stopping them from leaking anything else they had.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2009, 04:08:15 pm »
Wasn't Tea a beta-tester as well?