Author Topic: The real reason why Alienator destroyed CE?  (Read 6027 times)

Frog II

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
The real reason why Alienator destroyed CE?
« on: June 09, 2009, 04:05:16 pm »
You guys are REALLY not going to like this....

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=563538&topic=49866584

:picardno

Just read the topic, that's all I have to say.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: The real reason why Alienator destroyed CE?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 04:08:05 pm »
We kind of had that suspicion about Dark Serge wanting to make a game already because of this topic on these forums:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,7489.0.html

Frog II

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 04:13:04 pm »
What a JERK.

You know, he could of just offered to help out the CE people or something- I'm sure they'd happily have accepted anyone who wanted to help and work hard.  But instead Alienator seems to have been insanely jealous and contemptuous of them.  I guess he wanted to make a giant mod and be able to hog all the glory for himself.

Great.  This guy seems even worse now than when it looked like he was just doing it for shits and giggles.  Now he did it just because he was jealous and didn't want any competition for his own mod.  This is probably the worst attitude I've seen of any fan in any community anywhere.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 04:42:37 pm »
What W_Mark_Felt noted over there could be a coincidence for all we know. If we find otherwise, we'll add two more names to our list of Alienat0r aliases.

Dark Serge was already welcome to work on what "Magus Unmasked" was becoming until the Compendium received its C&D -- he's listed in the credits of "Magus Unmasked" as a beta tester. But strangely he didn't say a word once the project expanded from what I remember. He might have vehemently disagreed with the creative vision of Compendium projects and Chrono Crisis/Ark and wanted to destroy them out of jealousy, maybe. And that's if his claim to fame is true.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 04:44:21 pm »
well, if the idiot tries to make a CT hack...

...I'm not sure of YOUR moral viewpoint on this, but I'd sure like to give him a taste of his own medicine.
*COUGH* & *DROPPED*

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 04:52:34 pm »
As much as that's deserving, honestly though you'd be doing exactly what happened here. You'd become exactly what you hate. I know it sounds stupid but it's true. Out of hate squealing.

Of course, no matter what this probably shouldn't go through. First off, the concept doesn't sound all too good pretty much saying "I'm making a CT game with no CC references cause the game sucked ballz! :D"

And what was said about Crimson Echoes AND based on the crap leak? Bite me you guys. Not cool.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 04:56:03 pm »
He likes attention......don't give him attention.

--JP

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 04:56:52 pm »
As much as that's deserving, honestly though you'd be doing exactly what happened here. You'd become exactly what you hate. I know it sounds stupid but it's true. Out of hate squealing.
'struth, but if he starts to get the "I'm high and mighty, you guys suck!" kind of attitude, I would be more out of putting him back into his place than revenge.

Of course, no matter what this probably shouldn't go through. First off, the concept doesn't sound all too good pretty much saying "I'm making a CT game with no CC references cause the game sucked ballz! :D"

And what was said about Crimson Echoes AND based on the crap leak? Bite me you guys. Not cool.

Man, he totally dissed CC.  That was unnacceptable... and he totally dissed CE.  That was unacceptable too

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 05:05:58 pm »
Actually, Dark Serge was always known for his great love of Chrono Cross (and his apparent fascination with playing as Dark Serge one day); you can also scope out the Youtube channel of someone named "Aceblade" and I didn't see any signs of The Bruggeman there. My guess is the guy on GameFAQs is different, unless The Bruggeman is now resorting to wearing the skins of others. It'll be interesting to see what Game_Mastery's/Aceblade's response is to W_Mark_Felt's observation.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 05:16:49 pm »
Regardless of Dark Serge's little romp of evil the fact remains SE would have comedown hard the moment they noticed CE.

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support,

All content of our games is copyright SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.  We regret to inform you that we do not grant permission to individuals to use any copyrighted content.  Because we receive numerous requests, our policy is to decline any use of our copyrights. We currently are not granting permission to any one except our own business partners.

The Private Policy of SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd./SQUARE ENIX Inc. stating the use of materials, is as follows:

All game materials, including, but not limited to, their design, text, graphics, screen shots, files are copyrighted by SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.  All rights reserved. Any other use of materials of our games -- including any commercial use, reproduction for purposes other than that noted above, modification, distribution, or republication -- without the prior written permission of SQUARE ENIX is strictly prohibited. No materials of our games may be used on any other product, published, or otherwise performed in public.

We hope that this information has been of some assistance and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,
Neil- SQUARE ENIX Customer Support
www.square-enix.com

And this was in respond to making a fan sequel to the unpopular and simple Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (To bad to, I had a cute story planned)
I guess it's better this way in some sense. At least the people who worked on CE won't suffer because once CE was avalible there would have been no way to stop its spreading and this could have ended badly for them...
Still It's to bad.  :( But if we don't look on a bright side we might get depressed. Also the showed great spirit and dedication making CE.

Still a pox on Dark Serge!

IAmSerge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 05:21:42 pm »
Actually, Dark Serge was always known for his great love of Chrono Cross (and his apparent fascination with playing as Dark Serge one day); you can also scope out the Youtube channel of someone named "Aceblade" and I didn't see any signs of The Bruggeman there. My guess is the guy on GameFAQs is different, unless The Bruggeman is now resorting to wearing the skins of others. It'll be interesting to see what Game_Mastery's/Aceblade's response is to W_Mark_Felt's observation.
Dark Serge, Alienat0r, whoever, or otherwise, the guy was still acting like an ass.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 05:45:45 pm »
Has it even been proven that Gaming_Mastery (the topic creator over at GameFAQs) is Dark Serge aka Alienat0r aka justrob? Or is it just assumed that since justrob contacted a GameFAQs member regarding something similar to Gaming_Mastery that they're the same guy?

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 05:47:03 pm »
Yea I am skeptical on whether that Dark Serge. His comment on Crono Cross was a red Flag, if anything Dark Serge was a huge CC fan.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 05:55:48 pm »
:roll: So some other attention whore at GameFAQs (which is about 70% of them) is looking for attention by pretending to be a different attention whore. GameFAQs & C&D...gotta love it.

Quote from: RCR
*BARF*

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 08:36:16 pm »
I'm still trying to figure out how we know that all those aliases are the same person...