Author Topic: Something old, something new.  (Read 1137 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Something old, something new.
« on: June 22, 2009, 02:57:10 pm »
This is something I made a while ago and submitted when my username was different. It's supposed to be a photorealistic rendition of Frog. They're googled images, not original ones. But the photoshop job was mine.

And this is something new, but I don't remember what I was thinking when I drew it. It's supposed to be adult Serge and adult Crono finding a bunch of people dead at Leene's bell.For some reason, Serge is in Crono clothes and Crono has Elvis sideburns. (Also Crono has armor, dreadlocks and a cheek-scar but that was intentional.)

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
Re: Something old, something new.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 05:56:46 pm »
I remember that Frog image--pretty good shop-job. Crono is giving off an oldschool Kravitz impression.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 04:37:07 am »
Ah, first time I've seen them.
The Frog is really lifelike(or it is modified from a real frog?), if there's a Chrono movie, that'll be the best costume.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 04:51:42 am »
Crono is giving off an oldschool Kravitz impression.

Good ol' Lenny.

The Frog is really lifelike(or it is modified from a real frog

Yeah, I had to find a high res picture of a frog facing the right way with the light hitting him the right way, then I had to crop out some of his body so it would be the right shape. I didn't do much more than cut out a frog's head and paste it onto a knight body, then blur the background so the foreground looks a bit higher quality.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:54:08 am by Mr Bekkler »

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 12:15:56 pm »
They look kinda grim in the second picture.  :|
As for that Frog, amazing job with it.

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 01:13:10 pm »
Crono is giving off an oldschool Kravitz impression.

Good ol' Lenny.

The Frog is really lifelike(or it is modified from a real frog

Yeah, I had to find a high res picture of a frog facing the right way with the light hitting him the right way, then I had to crop out some of his body so it would be the right shape. I didn't do much more than cut out a frog's head and paste it onto a knight body, then blur the background so the foreground looks a bit higher quality.

There's a flaw in that though... The frog's head is a slightly clearer picture than the knight's body. In order to make it indistinguishable from the real thing, you'd need to add a very very slight blur to the frog face. Otherwise it's pretty good.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 01:43:00 pm »
There's a flaw in that though... The frog's head is a slightly clearer picture than the knight's body. In order to make it indistinguishable from the real thing, you'd need to add a very very slight blur to the frog face. Otherwise it's pretty good.

Agreed. Do you know how difficult it is to find a high resolution picture of a dude in a knight costume/uniform/armor?! The only one I could find was really tiny. The frog, however, came from a high res image. So that's where that came from. I think the colors are wrong and all I see are mistakes all over the thing. Like the dude in the purple polo shirt under Frog's elbow that I tried to blur out, paint over, and cover up but he still sticks out like a sore thumb to me. And the yellow stripe on the sash, it pinches in a bit near the bottom where I stretched it to cover up some words. There are a lot of little things, but none of them bothersome enough to motivate me to change it. Maybe I'll make some new ones from scratch, but I really just wanted to see how a frog's head would have to sit on a man's shoulders. Anatomically, that would NEVER work.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 02:14:25 pm »
I think the colors are wrong and all I see are mistakes all over the thing. Like the dude in the purple polo shirt under Frog's elbow that I tried to blur out, paint over, and cover up but he still sticks out like a sore thumb to me. And the yellow stripe on the sash, it pinches in a bit near the bottom where I stretched it to cover up some words.
I wouldn't have noticed 'em, if you hadn't pointed them out...It's still good though, you should try your hand at some more Chrono-related photoshopping.

Satoh

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Am I your dream... or are you mine...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 02:24:52 pm »
Interesting... I figured that "purple shirt" was just part of a colorful and knightly tunic or jerkin or something...

Knights were noble so they typically wore fancy things. Glenn in CT was actually rather bland for a knight.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 03:26:32 pm »
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 03:34:30 pm by Mr Bekkler »

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 03:44:48 pm »
Hahah, not bad! Phenomenal job replacing the background.