Author Topic: Wow (Dead Sea and other stuff)  (Read 5688 times)

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Wow (Dead Sea and other stuff)
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2005, 07:29:44 am »
Quote from: Sentenal
No, because things in time don't happen until they are actually done.

what?

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2005, 11:33:37 am »
Quote from: DarkGizmo

what?

I think what he's saying is this:

Crono and Co. go back in time a slightly alter events in 12,000 BC.  However, FIRST, 12,000 BC passes "naturally" so to speak.  THEN 1000 AD rolls around, Crono starts his adventuring, and then goes back and changes 12,000 BC.  Makes my head hurt kind of, because after this, the old timelone is eliminated meaning things ALWAYS happened as Crono had affected them, but then by law of the Time Bastard Theorem, Magus and the Gurus still remember the old timeline that never was, etc...

Ugghhhh, time travel causes insanity I'm sure of it!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2005, 02:00:40 pm »
Yeah, that's Flow Principle. Basically, it is saying that the future is not written in stone, and that time is saved out of the heroes' own free will.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2005, 01:44:00 pm »

But Lavos' Apocalypse happened "before" Crono timetravels (Crono visits the ruined future, not the one which should exist provided Lavos didn't get out of his pocket dimension), so couldn't Serge's destruction of the future happens "before" the game events too (sort of)?

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2005, 02:08:37 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99

But Lavos' Apocalypse happened "before" Crono timetravels (Crono visits the ruined future, not the one which should exist provided Lavos didn't get out of his pocket dimension), so couldn't Serge's destruction of the future happens "before" the game events too (sort of)?

By "the game" are you referring to Trigger or Cross?

Crono had to see the ruined future to kick off his quest to kill Lavos.  Thus the future is saved, the Time Crash occurs because of the new future.  El Nido is formed in the past, forming the events of Cross.  Themn, because of Serge, Chronopolis, Schala, Kid, and the dimension splitting, their is once again an apocalyptic future in Home World.  This was due to Crono's actions, which were a result of seeing the apocalyptic future.  Is this what you were inquiring about?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2005, 02:50:22 pm »
Quote from: Zatopek
Quote from: Chrono'99

By "the game" are you referring to Trigger or Cross?

Crono had to see the ruined future to kick off his quest to kill Lavos.  Thus the future is saved, the Time Crash occurs because of the new future.  El Nido is formed in the past, forming the events of Cross.  Themn, because of Serge, Chronopolis, Schala, Kid, and the dimension splitting, their is once again an apocalyptic future in Home World.  This was due to Crono's actions, which were a result of seeing the apocalyptic future.  Is this what you were inquiring about?

I was referring to Cross. What I wanted to say was that I don't see why the future couldn't be destroyed while Serge hasn't provoked its destruction yet. I took the Day of Lavos example : from the 1,000 AD point of view, the future shouldn't be destroyed since the time change (Lavos getting out of his pocket dimension) hasn't happened yet (since time changes don't happen until they are actually done). But when Crono travels to 2,300 AD from 1,000 AD, the world is indeed destroyed... So couldn't it be the same case for Serge and the new world's destruction ?

Wow, it's getting complicated. Maybe I'm totally out of it...

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2005, 03:55:32 pm »
The future of Home World is assured as soon as the Dimensional Split occurs and Home is fissioned off from Another.  See the previous posts on why the Dimensional Splitting prevents Crono from saving Home World.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2005, 04:25:49 pm »
Cross is different than Trigger in respect to the fact that the TD has not "ate" all of space time by the game's point. All the other stuff that happened in the future (chronopolis, time crash, ect.) occured before the events in Cross.

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2005, 04:44:35 pm »
I see the Time Devourer merging with Schala as a potential plot hole.  When will they merge completely and destroy all timelines?  And why does it take time for this to happen?  Does time actually pass in the DBT?  It seems as if Serge would be beaten before the game began.  If the DBT exists outside of time or something like that, the instant Schala is thrown in there BOOM all reality is consumed.  If time passes the same there as in the regular world then it wouldn't necessarily be like this.  I'm probably not explaining myself very well, and I might be missing something.  

When will the Time Devourer destroy everything, and what determines this?  That's my big question.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2005, 04:51:52 pm »
Quote from: Zatopek
I see the Time Devourer merging with Schala as a potential plot hole.  When will they merge completely and destroy all timelines?  And why does it take time for this to happen?  Does time actually pass in the DBT?  It seems as if Serge would be beaten before the game began.  If the DBT exists outside of time or something like that, the instant Schala is thrown in there BOOM all reality is consumed.  If time passes the same there as in the regular world then it wouldn't necessarily be like this.  I'm probably not explaining myself very well, and I might be missing something.  

When will the Time Devourer destroy everything, and what determines this?  That's my big question.

I think when Lavos has completely destroyed Schala's resistance. I wouldn't say that time does not pass in the DBT, mostly because there is really no proof eoither way to say so. When Marle goes there, it seems like she implys that time passes in the way she describes the place. But really its anyones guess.

Quote from: Marle
It was awful...

I can't recall it all...
   I was somewhere cold, dark...and
   lonely.

Is that what it's like to...die?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2005, 05:31:21 pm »
Well, the hope for that lies in Time Error. Time in the DBT runs perpindicular to normal time, so the schedule is sort of on the time axis that transcends good old everyday life. To Gaspar, the moment Schala would have begun fusion would begin a countdown of a year or so. People in the real world, on the other hand, would have no cognition of it.