Author Topic: CTRP gets C&D letter; Compendium status  (Read 19807 times)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
CTRP gets C&D letter; Compendium status
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2005, 02:44:04 am »
Quote from: CTcronoboy
Who says there isn't going to be a dream team if the next installment is made?

Precisely! After all, if they hire me as a storywriter and character developer, the next game might even win the Nobel Prize for Kicking Ass.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2005, 09:38:24 am »
Aside from Lord J esq...Isn't most of the original "Dream Team" still available to work? I mean, Kato's back with SE, right? Akira's freelance and so is Yasunori, I believe...and that's really all I'd need for any such Dream Team...Heck, I could even do w/o Toriyama and Mitsuda if they were replaced with as high calibur players...

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2005, 11:54:08 am »
I'd be okay if they did it without everyone except Kato.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2005, 08:46:31 pm »
I would need Kato and Mitsuda at the least. I couldn't imagine a Chrono game without either of them.

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2005, 10:00:26 pm »
On the CT:RP forums it was mentioned that you could always just buy the name to the Chrono series.  I know that is likely much too large of a sum of money for any of us, but if not, then it's entirely possible that people could contribute to the cause.  I'm sure that if everyone donated some, and if the price wasn't ridiculously high, then everyone would be happy as the project could live on.

Again, I realise the sum is likely too high, but does anyone have any prices on how much it would be?

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2005, 10:51:15 pm »
That would be like asking to buy the original Megaman series from Capcom. I wouldn't be able to fathom how much it should cost to be able to purchase the rights to a popular series like this.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2005, 11:09:21 pm »
Well, Nintendo did shut down the remake of Ocarina of Time in the LTTP engine.  That was a pity -- I followed the project closely.  Has this ever happened to any other SE series, like Final Fantasy?  Chrono has been parodied before -- I get the impression that if CTRP had released their mod materials as skinpacks or individual maps, they'd not have been shut down.  They're still probably going to do that anyway (or at least they'd better) -- the full remake failed, but a small mod put up on PCGameMods wouldn't garner nearly as much publicity as a TC.  I'm familiar enough with both that site and with its modding community to know basically how it works.  I possess several Nintendo-based Academy skins, such as Samus Aran and several incarnations of Link, Mario, and Luigi.  Those haven't been shut down.  Marvel hasn't come down on people for making Spider-Man skins, either.  The project should be reduced in scope -- that may be enough to compensate for the intellectual property debate.

TheBrain

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2005, 11:41:34 am »
We will probably do that, after my Univ. exams are over and I discuss with the team, we will decide if we can release something, and clearly stating that we won't continue the project. But some maps and skins i think it falls to the 'fair use' section of the copyright.

On the Chrono License talk, first i think SE wouldn't sell it to anyone, second I think if the sum was large and SE considered selling it, they would only sell to a company and ask them royalties for each copy sold, and third, i know this is just a dream, but if we could really buy the CT license i think we would have to raise the bar to SE standards.

Jake

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctfansite.proboards37.com
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2005, 12:34:41 pm »
well i personally can't stand SE. many of the new games and remakes ive been looking foward to have been shut down by them...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2005, 07:55:38 pm »
So, what? Are you saying you won't buy any more SE games? Even if they come out with a new Chrono game? C'mon, all fair bitching aside, they've still got it in 'em to make some good games...They have the talent to do so.

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2005, 12:01:22 pm »
no i will buy them but im just saying that i think SE isn't rlly good. whatever happend to squaresoft?

Jake

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://ctfansite.proboards37.com
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2005, 12:03:09 pm »
Quote from: Anonymous
no i will buy them but im just saying that i think SE isn't rlly good. whatever happend to squaresoft?

That was me by the way i forgot to log in..

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2005, 01:46:15 pm »
Square was bought be Enix after the Spirts Within bombed, If I remember correctly.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2005, 12:07:32 am »
Just wondering, does CT still make money for SE? I only know of one person that actually has the original CT for SNES, and I've never heard of gaming store's having a new CT or FF:C

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2005, 02:07:59 am »
Quote from: TheBrain
We will probably do that, after my Univ. exams are over and I discuss with the team, we will decide if we can release something, and clearly stating that we won't continue the project. But some maps and skins i think it falls to the 'fair use' section of the copyright.

On the Chrono License talk, first i think SE wouldn't sell it to anyone, second I think if the sum was large and SE considered selling it, they would only sell to a company and ask them royalties for each copy sold, and third, i know this is just a dream, but if we could really buy the CT license i think we would have to raise the bar to SE standards.

You said on the CTRP forums that you couldn't release anything -- seems like you're saying two different things.  Did you change your mind?