Author Topic: Family Portrait  (Read 891 times)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
Family Portrait
« on: August 21, 2009, 10:27:42 pm »
I got bored so I decided to make a small portrait of the family of zeal, inspired by Crimson Echoes! Which was so fantastic to watch and if any one who worked on it see's this I just wanna say really great job guys. (because i'm to lazy to make a youtube account which I need to say so in the comments)

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
Re: Family Portrait
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 10:59:55 pm »
Hahaha, very cute. I kinda wish Magus/Prophet was hidden in the picture somewhere, but oh well. The rain is an interesting touch...

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 12:32:31 am »
Nice job! They all seem to have a dark sinister feel around them. If you get what I mean. Zeal has a redish tint on him though not from the rain either, his hair.

Question, why's it raining blood? Is it the blood of the people of Zeal crashing from the heavens above?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 12:37:59 am »
Nice, and then Lavos behind them all. Of course, considering what has happened between them, it is like it's part of the family now.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 12:51:14 am »

I'm curious about one aspect of your portrait:

Is the family to scale in terms of standing next to Lavos?

I mean, it was kind of hard to tell their position to the "camera" in relation to Lavos.  Who knows?  Maybe they're a few yards in front of Lavos.

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 01:20:21 am »
Hahaha, very cute. I kinda wish Magus/Prophet was hidden in the picture somewhere, but oh well. The rain is an interesting touch...

I kind of wish I put Magus in there instead of Janus but then again I suppose I could have put both of them in there because Janus and Magus are so very different from each other now.

Nice job! They all seem to have a dark sinister feel around them. If you get what I mean. Zeal has a redish tint on him though not from the rain either, his hair.

Question, why's it raining blood? Is it the blood of the people of Zeal crashing from the heavens above?

I wanted a dark feel to it- besides Lavos (though he...(it?) is dark enough on its own) so I thought the raining blood would be a dark touch. I was trying to represent all the death lavos and his control over a few of these family members had caused including the zeal people so you got it right.

I'm curious about one aspect of your portrait:

Is the family to scale in terms of standing next to Lavos?

I mean, it was kind of hard to tell their position to the "camera" in relation to Lavos.  Who knows?  Maybe they're a few yards in front of Lavos.

Yeah its kind of hard to tell >.>

There all in front of Lavos, originally I had them farther in front of him but changed my mind. King Zeal is the closest, followed by Queen Zeal, than Schala, Janus is the farthest away. I had them so close to Lavos but in front of him to kind of represent that there not really aware he's there but he's aware of them. Or at least, They don't know how close they are to Lavos, or how much he's effected their family.

(Well I'm sure Magus and Schala are quite aware now but lol)

Nice, and then Lavos behind them all. Of course, considering what has happened between them, it is like it's part of the family now.

Unfortunately yes!

Anyway thank you all for your opinions! I like to know what people think of my work lol! :D

Dialga_Palkia

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 05:04:15 pm »
The Fall of the Zeal Royalty family....