Author Topic: Dissidia Final Fantasy  (Read 896 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Dissidia Final Fantasy
« on: August 25, 2009, 12:39:46 pm »
YOU JUST GOT 1 UPPED!

The picture is just a joke, and the quality is poor since the joke was made in 5 minutes going as fast as possible.

In all seriousness, who here is interested? I am. Not for Final Fantasy like we know SE is going to think but for the fighting system. That and I wanna try out Terra and Zidane badly, whup Magus wannabe Sephiroth all over the place :lol: .

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Dissidia Final Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 12:48:32 pm »
your picture rules

Been playing the Japanese version since the release and just got the US version. It's great.

Mained Zidane, he's my only lv100, and currently using Firion.

The amount of stuff to do is insane, and the gameplay is really cool (most people attribute it to playing Advent Children). Once you get really used to it, battles become downright epic and fun.

A heads-up about the US version: beating one story now unlocks Shade Impulse (the final part of the story mode that's supposed to be unlocked after collecting all ten crystals) to give players a faster way of beating the game/unlocking Duel Colosseum. There's a number of other changes with the US version, like extra cutscenes for the two unlockable characters, a bonus scene with a... moogle? And there's been a lot of tweaks since the Japanese release to make it more balanced (everyone has Air Dash from the get-go, some chain HP attacks aren't chain attacks anymore, etc).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 12:50:17 pm by FaFniR »

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 12:57:33 pm »
I feel like what my picture says, great game overall. But it's obvious they COULD have done more, had they not focused on just Final Fantasy. Should've included everyone from every game of theirs. People could call it a Smash bros. rip off all they want, the gameplay is good and that's what matters.

On another note, surprised the story isn't as good. It's SE. The people most well known for story in their games! What happened there?

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 01:23:55 pm »
On another note, surprised the story isn't as good. It's SE. The people most well known for story in their games! What happened there?

Kingdom Hearts.

darkness darkness light shine void darkness light void darkness shine puppet despair regret void light puppet void darkness shine despair regret

Truthordeal

• Dunno what's supposed to go here. Oh now I see.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 02:07:04 pm »
*sneeze Sora's gay sneeze* Sorry about that, I have sinus problems so that might happen any time you mention Kingdom Hearts.

One question about Dissidia that I've been wondering for a while...Terra's a blond?

I feel like what my picture says, great game overall. But it's obvious they COULD have done more, had they not focused on just Final Fantasy. Should've included everyone from every game of theirs. People could call it a Smash bros. rip off all they want, the gameplay is good and that's what matters.

I agree. When I first saw the gameplay I was in love with it due to the fighting system. But even if they just focused on the Final Fantasy brand, just think of how much more they could've done.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 03:54:33 pm »
One question about Dissidia that I've been wondering for a while...Terra's a blond?

It's her official artwork hair colour. Her alternate costume has the FFVI sprite's green hair and outfit.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 04:02:47 pm »
Kingdom Hearts? It's a decent story. Overrated? Yes. Definetly. But I've come to terms with that(considering the "other" even more overrated series from the company that rages me to no extent).
Then again, i shoudln't be too surprised. Their stories are good thanks toa  blend of characters. You can't expect a grand story when almost every one of the characters is a brooding, deeply negative "I am my own monster" type of character.

And bless you and your sinus problems. Even if they are right (If you're gonna save the world just for the girl then go after the girl already! Not to mention end of KH2 *spoiler* when they walking away into nothingness(where do they think they're going?)I understand grabbing someone's waist to help them move along but Sora was grabbing his ass, we all saw that Disney).

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 05:24:23 pm »
Yeah, I think there was some kind of weird pallet color thing that happened which is why her hair turned green...I always just figured it was to greater differentiate her from Celes (& thus also Rosa). I like her better blonde too. It makes her less obvious and it's something she got from her mom.

Anyways...I haven't played any of Dissidia, but from what I've seen and heard about the gameplay...I still want an actual fighting game. Square-Enix vs Capcom vs SNK, plz. Maybe throw in them Guilty Gear people & Marvel even though they're at Activision/EA while I'm busy dreaming this overly improbable dream...

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 01:23:32 am »
Magus wannabe Sephiroth

My inner fanchild.  She is happy.

Demonic Cloud

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 04:24:55 pm »
This game has caught my eye since it was first announced. I'm glad the general consensus here is good. I might have my PSP shipped to me so I can play this one. I should also finish Crisis Core...