Author Topic: CHRONO CROSS OST Scans  (Read 1460 times)

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
  • Girl who stole the Stars
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
CHRONO CROSS OST Scans
« on: September 10, 2009, 01:24:25 am »
As promised, here are my scans of my CHRONO CROSS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK. I am sorry for the quality, my 7-year-old scanner did the best he could with the booklet, since it was printed on satin paper and that material is kinda hard to scan, since it reflects a lot; if anyone's interested in doing some Photoshop magic, please, be my guest.
I've also transcribed the credits on a text file.

The scans have been compressed into a .rar file for commodity, right clicking to save several images can be tiresome.

You can repost and/or share my scans, but giving credit is always a nice thing to do.

Cheers!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: CHRONO CROSS OST Scans
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 01:33:25 am »
Thanks! I seem to recall a translation of the liner notes up at Gamingforce Audio back in the day (I think that's what the site was called). Did we ever get that translation? Drat, I should have saved them.

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 01:45:15 am »
ZeaLiTy told me he had them when I asked if you guys needed the FLAC of it, so I think he must have saved them.

I pretend to share FLACS of the DS Version of CC OST tho, as well as romanization of the Japanese song names and their translation to English, along with the ISO of the DVD and the booklet's scans.
Did ZeaLiTy sent you the ISO links? I haven't posted them here because I want to release the whole thing together, but I wouldn't mind sending them over PM in the meanwhile.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 01:51:03 am »
Go ahead and forward them to FaustWolf. And thanks again!

FW, http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Music_%28Chrono_Cross%29#Liner_Notes

I should probably link them from the Interviews page to make it more obvious, though. They're buried in the middle of the music pages. That particular set of liner notes was a triumph because IIRC Chudah's Corner ignored my e-mail and had a restrictive policy on posting them, so I took things to the next level and asked the original translator himself.

Ah, the days back when we were trying to collect the essentials! I did what was necessary; it was fun.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 02:02:15 am »
The liner notes were so fantastic for this. It's really magical reading about an artist's creative process like that.

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 02:25:28 am »
Thanks for the link ZeaLiTy, I was looking for it when I read your PM, but got kinda lost  :lol: I'll read it calmly tomorrow, Blues' waiting for me for a round of midnight gaming.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 06:45:57 pm »
Thank you for these!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 08:04:29 am »
While surveying the scans, I noticed there exists an interview with Noriko Mitose.

Somehow, that had been missed for 9 years, so I guess I'd better add it to the Material Requiring Translation page...

Edit: Ugh, is that Masato Kato also in the liner notes withi Ryo Yamazaki or whatever? Ugh, how did this not get noticed in the 9 years it's been around?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:22:57 am by ZeaLitY »

Radical Pan

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • X Radical Dreamers
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 04:51:50 pm »
While surveying the scans, I noticed there exists an interview with Noriko Mitose.

Somehow, that had been missed for 9 years, so I guess I'd better add it to the Material Requiring Translation page...

Edit: Ugh, is that Masato Kato also in the liner notes withi Ryo Yamazaki or whatever? Ugh, how did this not get noticed in the 9 years it's been around?
I believe you've missed that because my CC OST is a 2005 re-issue. The catalogue number of the one I own is SQEX 10047-9 and it was released on 2005.06.29.  :)