Author Topic: Capcom=Fan love and Squenix=Killer of Fan's hopes  (Read 2253 times)

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
Re: Capcom=Fan love and Squenix=Killer of Fan's hopes
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 04:28:22 am »
Some game companies are on the middle ground of Fan love. Case in point - Mother 3!
NOA refused to translate it, but nobody stopped fans from doing a massive project translating it into English and releasing it. If only we were that inconspicious...
I wonder, if Chrono was as obscure as Earthbound, would we still have been Cease and Desist'd? (new verb) Or is Square Enix so paranoid, they keep watch on everything?

Anyways, I think we're beating a dead horse with Square. Because even if we swore to never buy from them again, I'm sure every one of us will buy another Squeenix game.

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 01:33:17 pm »
Didn't Square shut down a Xenogears fangame and an Einhander fangame? I really wanted sequels to those and they just didn't care. The shut down anything.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2009, 04:54:36 pm »
They shut down the good things but leave Chinese pirates alone when producing the bad things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N23G3e7z0Wg

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2009, 05:24:29 pm »
They might want to shut the Chinese pirates down as well--it's just that enforcement of IP law in China is effectively nil, so trying would be wasted effort.