Author Topic: Chrono Trigger Apocalypse Weekly Update #4  (Read 1106 times)

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
Chrono Trigger Apocalypse Weekly Update #4
« on: December 16, 2009, 10:01:18 pm »
Well it's been another slow time for CTA... sad because I really had planned release back in November, but this last scene is just so complex that I don't think I can make something that I will be satisfied with...

So I might as well start leaking CTA VI information before I come to you with another announcement.

Anyway CTA VI will cover what hasn't been covered and tie the loose ends from episode IV. If you really can't remember or are just at a loss then here is a hint. http://www.videogamesprites.net/ChronoTrigger/NPCs/Future/Townsfolk.html It will contain a situation that will be pivotal later on in the story and may or may not introduce a familiar character. Its all up to speculation. The framework (as has been sad multiple times before) has all been worked out. It's been that way for ever episode since the beginning. It now just comes down to detail. So what are the plans? Well I am hoping to include an actual fully playable minigame that outta really give people some great nostalgia. I am wondering whether or not to have two outcomes. So basically that means I need a coder that is good with C++ which is what AS 2.0 (the flash programming tool) really is. Hopefully somebody is good enough with it, that is if someone I already have in mind isn't up to the challenge.

Ok so back to CTA V. I have only a limited number of exams tommorow and friday, then on friday I got to go out with a girl, go to a game, and then it's Christmas Break. So with all of that, I outta be plenty rested and long overdue to get back to top working speed on this thing. So the big announcement? CTA V will be out before 2010 I GURANTEE THAT ONE. I am not going to let this go unchecked.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Apocalypse Weekly Update #4
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 11:40:41 pm »
No sense in rushing it; true artistry operates on no time table. There's also that little thing called "life" that we all have to deal with.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 11:48:15 pm »
Ah, I was really hoping people would take it this way.

Thanks Faust.

Anywho, I really would like this to be a job for me... a part time job of course, but if I was getting paid to do this and had to actually go to a place to work on it, that would be swell.

But without the "forced motivation" I am not pressured to do it and I just let it sit.

I also feel kinda bad because this episode really isn't that long... But the scenes are much more intricate, I guess that gives me some leeway.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 12:14:34 am »
Probably the most important thing is that you're building a formidable skillset with regard to coding and media creation. Ah, if only I could do what you're currently doing when I was that age! Makes me just a little jealous.  :grimm

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 12:30:53 am »
I actually resent myself, I wish I would have been more adamant about getting flash back in 2001 or so. I have had this idea for awhile and if I would have known that my uncle could have bought me flash for a gift then I would have asked in 2001.

Is what makes it even more annoying is that some of the stuff I am doing now would have been considered groundbreaking in 01.

Annoying...

Another thing I am having a problem with is the whole visibility thing. I really don't think many people on the site know about me... either that or they just know, but don't comment about it. It's kind of discouraging, but meh, I can give it time.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 12:49:13 pm »

Don't kick yourself over it.

You can't rush art, no matter what the medium.

I'd love to help, but I don't know squat about C++ coding, so I'm at a loss for providing assistance.

Even so, I bid you the best of luck in completion of CTA V.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 11:58:20 pm »
I wish I could find someone who is good at it and would do it purely for the love of Chrono Trigger. I can't make money off of it so why pay them... I understand that it is the usual, but if I'm not getting paid it's kinda hard to pay someone else.

This also reminds me... is there any videos on youtube showing all of magus' techs? I really need to see them in action.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 12:05:46 am by neo-fusion »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 02:19:48 am »
Holy carp, I could have sworn I've seen tech exhibition videos for Chrono Trigger, including single techs, but now they're nonexistent. Harumph! We can't do with that now, can we? If I can find a suitable piece of music to inspire me, sounds like it's time for a quick project.

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 12:47:40 pm »
Ya I don't want to pop it in and play because thats kind of hard to do and if I pop it in and start playing, I will play it for the rest of the day... can't do that now can I?

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 03:05:05 pm »
Here's a Magus tech exhibition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljyH39117A8

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 03:32:35 pm »
Ah that is awsome!!

Thanks a bunch Faust!

Well... with a bunch of progress made in the last two days with this I think I can finish up this badboy and release it.

I might be able to do it today if my motivation lets me. I am almost done and it tastes oh so good.