Author Topic: Chrono Trigger III Progress - I've made some!  (Read 1440 times)

Lance VII

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger III Progress - I've made some!
« on: February 25, 2010, 07:40:27 pm »
Just to show you guys that this game is actually making some progress, I has some VERY early screens for you!

Also, I would looooooove to hear suggestions from everyone. I want to make this game my masterpiece, and to do so, I need help from everyone here. Feel free to make some suggestions, and I'll let you know if they are possible or not!

Anyway, have a gander at these screenies. :D

Design for Leene's Square, based on the square from Crimson Echoes, Drawn by Princess Schala Zeal.

The Guardia Section of the Present Day World Map. Drawn by me.

Battle backgrounds will be done in a "Widescreen" Format.

Yes, Schala will be fully playable. Also, this is a custom menu coded/drawn by me.

Other Stuff
I've been coding a "Caterpillar" system where party members follow you on the map. 70% done.

An "element system" will be coded. It'll be similar to Chrono Cross. You'll have one time elements, and equipable elements. 30% Done.

Crono, Marle, Magus, Glenn, Robo, and Ayla all have their weapon sets finished. 50% of items are finished. 3 of the characters need to have their coding done. Techs need to be made.

Some, I'm chugging along. Don't expect a trailer or anything for a few more months. Anyway, I hope that gives you guys and idea what I doing. :D

chi_z

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • And you thought the dalton idea was ludicrous!
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger III Progress - I've made some!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 08:04:11 pm »
It's perfect. You are gonna kick square enix square in the ass  with this. I love the CC style elements, that's really a more strategic system. You seem to be handling everything else quite well, especially widescreen battles that's a big thumbs up from me, I'm on a widescreen crt. kinda sucks that the rest of the game has to be SD box screen though. 60 hz is a sore as well.....
thanks to schala for those amazing drawings, it's shaping up to be more than epic thus far.

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 10:34:02 pm »
Overture Studios isn't trying to one-up SE. We just want to provide fans a new adventure with Crono bridging Trigger to Cross.

Here's how the element system is going to work: You can buy one time elements or equipment elements. One time elements allow you to use the element move as an Item in battle. They'll be separated into 5 levels.
Equip elements go into the Element slot in your equipment. That character will learn two moves from the six elements, and these will put into three levels. The moves will stay until you un-equip the element. :D

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 12:27:37 am »
Woo! Lucca's weapons are nearly done!

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 01:57:32 am »
The widescreen battle scene looks very nice IMO. Hah, PSZ herself will make a playable appearance in this, eh? Glad to see this picking up already!

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 07:11:21 am »
I'm juggling this and two WoW characters I want to have level 80 by summer. Eheh...

Lance VII

• Power to the fans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 12:30:02 pm »
The widescreen battle scene looks very nice IMO. Hah, PSZ herself will make a playable appearance in this, eh? Glad to see this picking up already!
Not only that, but she's getting a new sprite. She's going to have an interesting story due to what happens at the end of Chrono Alter.

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 03:09:04 pm »
If all goes well, I plan to implement an optional dungeon as a sort of teaser to my own fangame, similar to the alternate final boss of Alter. Now if only I can pester Rox to work on the sprites...

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 04:49:02 pm »
Looking sweet so far!

Schala Zeal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 07:26:50 am »
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:49:14 pm by Princess Schala Zeal »