Author Topic: Impossibilities?  (Read 3844 times)

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Impossibilities?
« on: June 12, 2005, 03:53:02 am »
Okay, first a question that isn't an error I found for CT, when Crono died, they needed a clone of him to replace him, but couldn't they jsut take him away? Maybe it would be the repercussion, because if Crono would have disapeared right before dying well maybe Schala wouldn't have time to teleport others, because Lavos would not have used his power on Crono but everyone killing them, so they wouldn't have been able to do that making a paradox... I'm lost now...

okay for the impossibilitie, I have the Game on SNES so I play the real game no ROM no PSX version and I think it's the ending where you do all side quests and goes to the black omen and destroy everthing in it and finish Lavos. The Crono goes back to the Castle and the King charged him of helping Kino etc... then to DOAN with hsi exact ripped clothes... which shouldn't exist anymore, since Lavos have been destroyed. Lucca couldn't have brought him back befor eLavos was killed since she was fighting Lavos?

So there is 3 way of explaning that (to my eyes) which none is good to fans

1- Square messed up things, the end.
2- Lucca disguise someone so he looked like DOAN to cheer Crono and co. up.
3- In fact Lavos is killed/or not but anyway something else happens that destroyed the exact same way to world in 1999 AD, but that means that Serge isn't the assassin of time since Crono and co. never succeded anything.

I don't know if anybody saw that, but I read nearly all the articles of Chrono Compendium and there was no such mention and I read some of this forums (which is really great to read :D), nothing on that too.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Impossibilities?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 02:01:04 pm »
I think the general belief is that Lucca rounded everyone one up before destroying Lavos. It fits her cockyness towards science being unstoppable and the like.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Impossibilities?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 02:56:34 pm »
The Guardia Family line plot hole.  Take that a step further.  Marle should never be able to meet Doan.  The moment she steps into a gate, its like Marle is vanishing from history.  From the perspective of someone not time traveling, time progresses normally, with Marle having vanished, only reappearing in the future.  Well, Doan is supposed to be her decedant.  And Marle surely hasn't had any offspring before she time traveled.  Doan should not even exist.  One could say the same thing about Ayla and Kino.  While Marle may be protected by Time Travelers Immunity, King Guardia is not.  Ayla should not be able to meet any of the later Guardias, for the same reason Marle should not be able to meet Doan.

Plot hole.  I hate plot holes.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Impossibilities?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 03:22:28 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
The Guardia Family line plot hole.  Take that a step further.  Marle should never be able to meet Doan.  The moment she steps into a gate, its like Marle is vanishing from history.  From the perspective of someone not time traveling, time progresses normally, with Marle having vanished, only reappearing in the future.  Well, Doan is supposed to be her decedant.  And Marle surely hasn't had any offspring before she time traveled.  Doan should not even exist.  One could say the same thing about Ayla and Kino.  While Marle may be protected by Time Travelers Immunity, King Guardia is not.  Ayla should not be able to meet any of the later Guardias, for the same reason Marle should not be able to meet Doan.

The way I see it Marle is vanishing from the point of view of those who don,t travel but she'll come back have children...

and what about if you used Lucca to beat Lavos how could she summon them while fighting Lavos?

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Impossibilities?
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 04:40:03 pm »
A cop-out solution to the Guardia Royal line paradox is that fake versions of Marle and Ayla are implanted into the timeline by some agency.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Impossibilities?
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 08:27:55 am »

I don't believe Ayla and Kino are the start of the royal family, because Ayla died in the First Timeline (before every CT time travel), so Ayal and Kino aren't plot holes, Marle is maybe something like this but I have no proof.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
Impossibilities?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 02:28:40 pm »
Quote from: DarkGizmo

I don't believe Ayla and Kino are the start of the royal family, because Ayla died in the First Timeline (before every CT time travel), so Ayal and Kino aren't plot holes, Marle is maybe something like this but I have no proof.

You can call the First timeline the Lavos timeline, that is what it is refered to here. Assuming Ayla died in the Lavos timeline is a strech, we have no information pertaining to the events of the last battle without any interference by the group. Remember that they came before the fight to, and that first fight with Nizbel I and everything changed the timeline. So in the Lavos timeline Ayla might have never tried to rush the Tyrano Lair, the reptites still could have had control of the Forest Maze for all we know.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Impossibilities?
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 06:18:35 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr

You can call the First timeline the Lavos timeline, that is what it is refered to here. Assuming Ayla died in the Lavos timeline is a strech, we have no information pertaining to the events of the last battle without any interference by the group. Remember that they came before the fight to, and that first fight with Nizbel I and everything changed the timeline. So in the Lavos timeline Ayla might have never tried to rush the Tyrano Lair, the reptites still could have had control of the Forest Maze for all we know.

Hum why do you fight it such a strech? if you consider Ayla character, she always rush into things and there is an endings where you see that Ayla lost to reptites and they rule the world (but it must not be considered since the "nuclear winter" would have killed them). And it would fix a plot hole...

Sentenal

• View Profile
Impossibilities?
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 07:12:47 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr

Hum why do you fight it such a strech? if you consider Ayla character, she always rush into things and there is an endings where you see that Ayla lost to reptites and they rule the world (but it must not be considered since the "nuclear winter" would have killed them). And it would fix a plot hole...

At the end of the game, when Marle's ansestors and decsendants are brought to Guardia castle, Kino is one of them.  Kino marries Ayla.  Its very safe to assume he did it in the original timeline.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Impossibilities?
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 10:03:27 pm »
It's also safe to assume she died eventually, because no human lives for 65,000,000 years and gets away with it.  When a mere 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not, hmm?  But as far as her giving birth goes, it's likely that only with Crono's intervention would she decide to storm Tyrano Lair.  But even if she went it alone, she's a powerful warrior and has a bunch of handy-dandy pterosaurs flying to her rescue when it gets too hot to handle.

The way I see it, Marle's time travel resulted in something much like Serge's time paradox, except that Marle's got resolved a hell of a lot faster.  Merely having Marle be a Time Bitch wouldn't resolve it, so Crono, someone unrelated to that chain of causality, had to come in and fix it.  If Crono had just decided to stay in 1000 A.D. after Marle vanished, a time paradox would occur and rip the fabric of the universe apart.  The ending configuration is the only viable solution that incorporates time travel.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Impossibilities?
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 10:56:43 pm »
DO they really tell you Kino is Marle's ancestror or do they only tell you "You saved the past" ?

Sentenal

• View Profile
Impossibilities?
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 11:40:13 pm »
Kino is included along with Doan and the previous King Guardia as an ansestors and descendant.  Its fact.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Impossibilities?
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 07:15:39 am »
Marle: Lucca!
   You brought them here, didn't you?

KING GUARDIA: Our kinsmen told me all
   about your incredible mission.

Marle: Kinsmen?!
   You mean these're MY ancestors...and
   descendants?

KING: Here I was fussing about my
   kingdom, and my daughter, and you
   were saving past, present and
   future!

---------------------
it doesn't tell you that they are, she's just asking, no?

Kassad

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Impossibilities?
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 03:04:35 pm »
Uh... The King says they're his and Marle's kinsmen. Since they're not her cousins, uncles, or some such thing, they have to be her descendants and ancestors.

Zatopek

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Impossibilities?
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 03:18:32 pm »
Let's just admit it's a plothole.  Doan might not even exist in the future under the changed circumstances, and even if he did, he'd have no knowledge of Lavos or Crono and Co.  And he'd definately be wearing different clothing  :wink:

I never really liked that at the end.  I thought it would've been better if only Crono and his friends knew the whole story (and maybe Gaspar and Spekkio).  All Crono would get credit for in his own time would be defeating Yakra XIII and the plot against the king; no one would know he saved the future from Lavos.  He'd still get to marry Marle and become Prince of Guardia and be a hero, but his time travel exploits would remain mostly a secret...