Yes.
6 (60%)
No.
2 (20%)
Can't Decide.
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: June 29, 2005, 12:06:31 am

Author Topic: The New Era.  (Read 1321 times)

TuperLabs

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
The New Era.
« on: June 29, 2005, 12:06:31 am »
I am sorry to post this, but the time has come.
I first learned of the numerous CT Sequel/ Remake projects in '03, And I learned recently of CT ressurection's shutdown. It is my opinion, for what little it may count, that it is time to end all public annoucements of these projects. Release and announce after 1.0, non betas, everything complete, that must be the new method. After a month, pehaps several, SE will shut it down, it will however (most likley) live on in undernets and p2p networks. Please do this, it will make life for the community much easier.

By the way, The labs have a current need for rpg2k sprites and chipsets for an indeterminate(like hell!) project.

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
The New Era.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 12:37:06 am »
Yes. It's time for these announcements to stop. I know that might hurt the chances of getting people involved, but really it just makes the leaders of these projects work more. For example, someone working on a CT project who needed writers or people who simply knew a lot about the game could just poke around here, ask for some assistance (preferably through private channels, as the Compendium isn't really interested in legal troubles) and have some help before too long. The same probably goes for music, graphic design, what have you.

Honestly, I've never been THAT interested in remakes anyway. The original was awesome. I like updating the music by way of better arrangements, but that's about it.

Eggith Cyrene

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
The New Era.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 12:48:06 am »
Zeality has said as much. Probablly what is it happening is people actulary contact Square Enix and ask them what they think of the project. And SE sees it and throws a c&d order on it. So yeah people should go ahead with said projects without announcements and release thier thier project before Obsticals such as this are thrown thier way.

A lot of people tend to start projects and dont finish them anyway so meh.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
The New Era.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 02:00:30 am »
The problem with that is that SE can actually sue if it gets released.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
The New Era.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 03:31:34 am »
Oh, I think I misunderstood before I voted...I thought you were saying that those sites that had already gotten C&Ds should do that...But yes, of course, that's how newer remakes should go about their work. If they can get it released w/o much notice from the big wigs, then they're basically in the clear and they can't be touched afterwards really...Mainly because there'd be no point, you can't stop it after it's been released to the general public.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
The New Era.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 01:30:12 pm »
I agree, they shouldn't go off galavanting thier stuff until they are finished. I know I would be pissed if I worked really hard on a game remake and then had it shut down before I got to finish. At least if they waited until it was finished to annouce it, people could get a hold of it before any C&D's were issued.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
The New Era.
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 02:58:29 pm »
I don't think people should be remaking other people's work in the first place.  Original material (not remakes) based on CT or CC won't get shutdown, so announce them.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
The New Era.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 03:11:02 am »
agreed, i never actually was looking forward to any of the remake project s being made. Afterall, it was just going to be the same game. CT should be kept in its own style, not full 3D (though that doesn't mean CC or (if SE releases it) Chrono Break). Unofficial sequels are much better ideas, because people get their heads in thinking about something to advance the story.

later.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
The New Era.
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 04:34:26 am »
Meh, but some people would like to see what certain characters and various aspects of the game would look and feel like w/an added dimension. Basically it's also for people who may not have had a chance to play the original...or who simply can't get into 16-Bit...I mean, plus, it's not like making a remake erases the original. It'll always be there for you to play if you want. Personally though, if you're going to make a remake, I don't see why not throwing in a better translation...That would also add to a new content factor for the older gamers...

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
The New Era.
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 04:36:12 am »
I always though that a fanfic/novelisation was to go into the details of a story, like how Crono and Co. learned the zealian language and things like that

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
The New Era.
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2005, 04:39:55 am »
since when did Zeal have their own language? Everything in the game is in plain old English!

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
The New Era.
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2005, 04:47:45 am »
Read the threads lol!

The is a discussion on this somewhere and it ended (well mostly accepted that theory) that they could never be a stable language for 65,000,012,2300 years (do Im got the right amout of zeros?) and that the game wa sshow in english so that the player wouldn't have to learn the whole language so they skipped the part where Crono and co. were learning the language with earthbounds (or somethign like that)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
The New Era.
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2005, 02:04:37 am »
I think we may get away with a Crimson Echoes demo. Anyway, Geiger offered his take on this, and it's wise. CTR and CTRP were shut down because they are remaking stuff, while in ten years no original or sequel has received such a fate. I think this area is a lot safer.