Author Topic: compendium VS shock  (Read 8481 times)

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« on: June 29, 2005, 03:17:42 am »
first read this thread http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=897&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

due to the rivalry between the compendium and chrono shock i decided to make a hack of ff tactics advance about this.

basically the rules to be in it are you have to have at least over 50 posts or if your new be fairly active, so if you want to be in it post your chars

name:

are you a char or enemy (bosses avalible for people with high post counts

weapon of choice (must fit into one of the weapon types in ff tactics advance) (you can have duel swords... but i will try to incorperate duel bows,gunsetc)

armour of choice includes chest head boots etc)

add-ons:

skills: (you get two types and nothing too unbalenced)

sprite sketch or sprite (if sprites arnt in ff tactics style they will re-done like that)

what is your char dependent on i.e magic,physical,speed

this is only a hack so hopefuly it wil get done quickly

also mods and people with high post counts can be bosses

the compendium side numbers

also only the first 100 people will be in it (unless its a high poster who wants to be a boss) and there is a 10 boss limit

Daniel Krispin

compendium VS shock
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 04:23:26 am »
Oooh, awesome. I'll have to think about this, whether I'd want to be a boss or not. I've got #8 in post count here on the Compedium, but I'm not sure if a character would be more fun...

Anyway, this idea sounds hilarious, I hope you go through with it. Just make sure to keep it fun and lighthearted - nothing that would get people annoyed - and it will be great.

Oh, by the way, what are the types of armoury and weaponry in FFT? I've never played it.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
compendium VS shock
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 04:38:15 am »
So, I dun get it...What's the plot? Just killing on Compendium members who are bosses? I mean, I'm in, I just wanna know how this is going down so I know whether I should want to be a boss or w/e...

name: V Translanka (or wait, will that fit? if not, just V will do)

weapon of choice: Dual Weapons: Wizard Rod & Zorlin Shape (old school kind of knife-wielding BM)

armour of choice: Theif Hat, Robe of Lords, Red Shoes

add-ons: wait, what are add-ons? would this be the subsidary abilities? If so...
Reaction: Auto-Potion (X's only plz)
Support: Short Charge
Movement: Teleport 2 (if possible, if not, can it be Move+3?)

skills: Black Magic (main) & Calculator (secondary)

I want a spell called Hadoken though somehow...Just something either fireball like or more like a light stream...I'm not sure...w/e you can do...Maybe rename Ultima? Hahaha!

sprite sketch or sprite: Just make me a Marquis Elmdor sprite w/black hair instead of that white/silver look. That should work.

Or wait! How about a male Wizard sprite! Yeah, that'll work good...But, try and make the blue robe a lot more like the color of the 8-bit Black Mage from Final Fantasy 1. And make the pants just a dark grey color (closest to black the better).

what is your char dependent on i.e magic,physical,speed - Magic, obviously, yar?

If you need a class name, make it Black Mage (not "Wizard"), unless you're doing something about everyone's classes already (like making everyone Compendiumers or Shockers)...w/e

Either way, sounds cool. Tactics is like the best FF.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 04:48:11 am »
Quote from: Daniel Krispin
Oooh, awesome. I'll have to think about this, whether I'd want to be a boss or not. I've got #8 in post count here on the Compedium, but I'm not sure if a character would be more fun...

Anyway, this idea sounds hilarious, I hope you go through with it. Just make sure to keep it fun and lighthearted - nothing that would get people annoyed - and it will be great.

Oh, by the way, what are the types of armoury and weaponry in FFT? I've never played it.

(turns on GBA)

weapons

short swords
blades (mini buster swords)
shamishirs
knight swords
broad swords
knives
rapiers
katanas
staffs
rods
maces
small bows
big bows
spears
instuments/stuff
claws
guns

armour
heavy armour
light armour
robes
vests

head gear
heavy
light
hats
female acssesories i.e ribbon
mage hats

shields

all the same

other
boots for runnig/jumping/attack/defense
gauntlets for armour and attack
rings for magic/status boost or protection

also i have changed the amount of char slots to 25 and enemy slots to 25
and bosses to 5
as 100 is too much

EDIT:

WTF  V_Translanka your posts diddent show before... oh must have been while i was typing

but in answer to your post

the story i got a basic start off plot in mind  but i aim for it to be funny and well... random in places but mostly funny

and ah you seem to ave misunder stood your thinking of ff tactics for PS1 which had less jobs over all but only one race.
im talking about ff tactics ADVANCE  sorry i diden't make it clearer earlier

and with stuff like auto potion NO can i have auto x-potion which makes you too friggen strong.

ok hope that makes stuff more clear as for bosses basically they are uber uber strong  and appear and have a great effect on the story

you can be the perfect mix of stuff in your opinion just not to uber strong to make it fair (since im making this im an exeption :P  and im a boss not counted in the 5 slots though)

and you can have cusom weapons like dice from shock (if he joins) would have an applesauce jar (im not too sure where the applesauce jar thing originated so dont ask) and i might try to add effects to weapons

IMPORTANT  if ff tactics ADVANCE is not a good base for this game due to 3D style sprites i will make it in rpgmaker in the style of the shinning force games but stats and such will be based on ff tactics advance's still
and for sprites if its not a well knowen game or whatever post a picture ok

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
compendium VS shock
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 01:27:25 pm »
Just make my character as close as possible to Crono. I haven't played the game so I don't know what all the things are about.

Daniel Krispin

compendium VS shock
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 01:59:13 pm »
I don't quite understand the 'name' thing; aren't we using our name from the Compendium to make it recognizable who is who, since it IS a rivalry game?

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 02:50:46 pm »
I'll be a boss.  If 300+ qualifies.  If not, I guess I can settle as a character.

Also, I've never played FFTA, and its been forever since I've played FFT on ps1.  Could someone give suggestions on exact equipment?  I'll just put the type down.

Name: Sentenal.

Weapon: Knight Sword

Armor: Heavy Armor, gauntlets, boots

Skills:  I don't know any FFTA skills...  Something that a knight-type guy would have.

As for a sprite, I got one, but its FE style.

Sorry most of my stuff is vague.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 03:23:22 am »
ok sorry people im should have finalized all my ideas before this but

name : yeah ill use uor forum name its just their if you want somthing different

but ok the game will be done in shinning force style using enlarged versions of the CT overworld maps

sprites:  looking at sentinals  for you not fammilier whith the shinning force games basically its a turn based tactics game char's move on a map and during battle it would show a backdrop and bigger more detailed pics of the char's

but since im not drawing any massive sprites it will have sprites like sentenal's posted one though they can be slightly bigger than that

so basically sentenal's sprite would be a battle animation one not over world

post count for bosses their post count must be at least 500+ but if the slots arnt filled that number will drop

SilentMartyr  for those of you completly unaware of what items skills to choose i will put them in for you so say 4 crono he would have lit magic and sword skills and weild a katanna and have heavy or medium armour

also name and a brief description for items/skills please

please dont post stats again until i have posted mine that way you have an idea of how to do it.

but slots already filled out of the 55

0.(creator slot.) saridon
1. V_Translanka (char or boss undecided
2. SilentMartyr
3. Daniel Krispin
4. Sentenal

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 04:20:00 am »
sorry for double post but my stats

name blue wolves

type: character and boss

weapons: duels swords

weapon name: Lsazuis

sword decription: crimsion red swords with a gunblade shaped blade and a    black wolf head motif hilt

sword extra effects: 5% chance of death (unavoidalbe) 15% chance of double strength+2 movment on user and 5% chance 50%+ inreased critical. normal critical rate is 20%

armour: heavy

armour name: Lobos

description of armour: black with dark blue and red patterns

effects of armour: adds 150 strength and +3 jumping

boots and gauntlets adds 4+ movment and 2+ jumping and + 10% extra defense

description of boots: dark blue with red joints

extra stuff: wolf soul

effects: negates all bad status gives 1 time auto life and reduces magic by 30%  ((and if health drops to below 5% doubles all stats exept if auto life has been used))
-----

skills

wolven lore-

-lobos azuris- (summons blue wolf to deal non elementral damage)
-night raid- (summons a black wolf to deal dark based damage with 20% chance of sleep or doom)
-moonlight- (medium heal on all)
-divine fang- (mass physical and magic damage on all  kills undead revives all friendly dead heals 10% of all /and increases all stats by 5% for 5 turns\)

divine shadow-

-frenzy- (single/ incease strength by 20% for 5 turns)
-wolven strike- (deals 4 consecutive hits at 25% power each with each hits chance of hitting is reduced to 60% of normal)
-the pack- ( summons a wolf which has 25% of your normal stats)
-strength of the wild- (deals 15 hits which have normal chance of hitting and deal 75% of normal damage if all hit succed a final hit with 150% damage will be done defense of target is also reduced by 20% for 10 turns

support
-feral speed- (evasion up by 20%)

reaction
-bone crusher- (when hit strikes back at 125% damage but no criticals)

-combo-
-wolven attack- (can join in combos no matter where char is and give that effect when starting combos)

stat growth

hp = 50 each level
strength/magic = 20 each level
mp = 10 each level
defense = 15 each level
movment = +2 at level 50 (max)
magic resist = +5 each level
evade = +1 every level

(in the making based on your dependentsies i will do the stats myself)

stat dependentsies = mainly strength and speed but is high in all i

thats the layout for stats but remember since i am creating this game i get super uber stats though i play for both sides at points and i am a boss at one point

so REMEMBER you cant have super uber stats

BUT if you are a boss you can

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 07:12:09 am »
Oh yeah I've only played a couple Shining series games...I wouldn't know where to begin...Just make my character Black Mage-like...Have me pimp my fanfic in the game too, that sounds funny, yeah?

And really, the name thing seems like everyone should just use thier SN...

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 11:27:27 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Oh yeah I've only played a couple Shining series games...I wouldn't know where to begin...Just make my character Black Mage-like...Have me pimp my fanfic in the game too, that sounds funny, yeah?

And really, the name thing seems like everyone should just use thier SN...

wanna be a boss at all since you do qualify

but black mage like okay that will be easy ill put all these into aword doc later and having you pimp your fanfic in the game lol that will allow for sone very funny dialouge :lol:

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 11:59:20 am »
Why only 5 bosses?  People like ZeaLitY and such have to fit in to that.  But anyway, here are my character stats:

Name: Hadriel

Weapon: Dual handguns (if you could make them blasters of some sort, that'd be awesome.)

Armor: Some type of medium armor that balances mobility and protection.

Skills: Something unbelievably explosive and something moderately powerful that inflicts status effects.

Sprite: Whatever looks the most like Boba Fett.

Dependent: Heavy weaponry (physical)

Character tendencies: Spouting off random lines from Star Wars.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 05:16:03 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
I'll be a boss.  If 300+ qualifies.  If not, I guess I can settle as a character.

Also, I've never played FFTA, and its been forever since I've played FFT on ps1.  Could someone give suggestions on exact equipment?  I'll just put the type down.

Name: Sentenal.

Weapon: Knight Sword

Armor: Heavy Armor, gauntlets, boots

Skills:  I don't know any FFTA skills...  Something that a knight-type guy would have.

As for a sprite, I got one, but its FE style.

Sorry most of my stuff is vague.

char dependent: Physical

Daniel Krispin

Re: compendium VS shock
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 10:49:20 pm »
Quote from: saridon
first read this thread http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=897&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

due to the rivalry between the compendium and chrono shock i decided to make a hack of ff tactics advance about this.

basically the rules to be in it are you have to have at least over 50 posts or if your new be fairly active, so if you want to be in it post your chars

name:

are you a char or enemy (bosses avalible for people with high post counts

weapon of choice (must fit into one of the weapon types in ff tactics advance) (you can have duel swords... but i will try to incorperate duel bows,gunsetc)

armour of choice includes chest head boots etc)

add-ons:

skills: (you get two types and nothing too unbalenced)

sprite sketch or sprite (if sprites arnt in ff tactics style they will re-done like that)

what is your char dependent on i.e magic,physical,speed

this is only a hack so hopefuly it wil get done quickly

also mods and people with high post counts can be bosses

the compendium side numbers

also only the first 100 people will be in it (unless its a high poster who wants to be a boss) and there is a 10 boss limit

Name: Daniel Krispin

If you need an overall general class, it would be a Hoplite, which would essentially be a Knight.

Weapon: Sword (though it would be best if you could allow both swords and spears), either a knights sort or of a shorter, one handed, variety. If you could call it a Hoplite Sword, that would be good. This would likely fit in the category of short-sword.

Armoury: A classical greek style helm (specifically, corinthian), heavy armour (as of a hoplite - ie. a heavy soldier), preferrably of scales. Scale-Mail, I suppose, though essentially it would fit in the category of heavy armour. And a round Hoplite shield. And simple leather boots, with bronze greaves armouring the shins. If you can get a sprite/picture that looks near to this...

Add-ons: Helm of Hades (invisibility) allowing for partial dodging, at least; Shoes of Hermes, allowing for greater speed. (Note that both of these were lent to Perseus when he went to fight Medusa, the former being given to Hades by the Cyclopses during the Olympians struggle against the Titans.)

Skills: Something to do with tactics or battle-ordering. Maybe a simple defense increase to allies. Hand of Athene, call it that - she was the tactician of the gods. As for the second, something to do with ancient knowledge or wisdom, or western philosophy (note: very western in mentality, ie. Plato and Aristotle and all of that.) I know: a summon summoning an ancient hero, maybe Diomedes (a very mighty Greek lord from the Trojan war, who even suceeded in wounding Aphrodite the goddess of love herself), or Akhilleus, or Odysseus, Aineias, Hektor, Aias, Menelaos, Agamemnon... those are my favorite of those heroes. Maybe in succession, from:
Agamemnon to Menelaos to Diomedes to Aineias to Odysseus to Aias to Hektor to Akhilleus,
as power increases. A summon of these... yeah, that would be nifty. Don't make it overpowering, but each successive level being on par with what other medium characters have.

Character type: despite what the array of armour and weaponry, and class, might imply, mine would not be a very physical warrior. More of a philosopher-poet, with only an attempt at warring (thus being in line with my own self and mind.) Would need to speak in an old manner, that is, with older syntax, even as I do now, and a choice assortment of old words - yet not the old pronouns such as thee and thy, I must stress. Very knowledgeable of history and philosophy and theology, and speaks far too much on all these matters - in other words, not a very quiet person, but one prone to babbling too much and too excitedly when a subject strikes his interest. As for fighting... very fond of the old warrior traditions, holding to such nobility and honour as the ancient world afforded, yet not having quite the strength of sinew or knowledge of sword-ways to excel in the field as much as some. Not that he wouldn't be keen to fight as ancient Akhilleus did, it is simply beyond his means. Thus the primary advances would be in such things as wisdom and intelligence, mayhap even tactics, as well as evasion, and even a bit of magic, but less so in physical and dexterous things. In other words, he looks to such people as Diomedes and Akhilleus and Beowulf and Arthur, and revels in their traditions, but knows that they were of a different mettle.

As for a sprite sketch... is there anyone looking similar to that Hoplite?

Oh, by the way, can I be an early, easy, boss that joins and becomes a playable char? (Best of both worlds, then)

Get all of that alright? As you can see, I am enamoured of the old Greek traditions and myths, they are very much 'me'. Is this good, or should I change it a bit?