Author Topic: compendium VS shock  (Read 8483 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
compendium VS shock
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2005, 10:06:17 am »
Hmmm...That logo looks weird to me...It seems like you should use a bigger A or something because it kind of looks like it could be Chrono Carc...

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2005, 11:49:11 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Hmmm...That logo looks weird to me...It seems like you should use a bigger A or something because it kind of looks like it could be Chrono Carc...

lol all i did was rearange the letters from chronobreak from a fake poster then make the backround but yeah ill fix tomorow after school since its almost 1am here.....

..Zzzzz.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2005, 12:15:02 pm »

Well the "T" in Chrono Trigger isn't bigger than "rigger" neither, and it never came to my mind that that game could be Chrono Ctrigger...

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2005, 07:25:15 pm »
Yes, but there's many other factors in CT's logo that are different from this CA logo. For one, in the CT logo, the hands of the clock form the T and for another, the letters in 'Trigger' are all slanty, unlike those in Chrono. And another reason is because Arc starts with a vowel, so it's easier to assume that the C could be a part of the word even though the word Carc doesn't make the most sense but rather than Ctrigger which...doesn't seem like it could be a word at all.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2005, 07:42:18 pm »
Not sure if this helps any, but I'm best at Fire Emblem style sprites (like that recolored battle sprite i posted a while ago), so if you need any more of those, let me know :)

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2005, 04:48:31 am »
Quote from: Sentenal
Not sure if this helps any, but I'm best at Fire Emblem style sprites (like that recolored battle sprite i posted a while ago), so if you need any more of those, let me know :)

yeah that style should be good for some peoples attack/cast animations

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2005, 10:58:32 am »
okay peoples update

here is the list so far of people in this game

CS

Blue_Wolves/Saridon
V_T
MN
LDC
Captain Bozo
Belthasar

CC

Saridon/Blue_wolves
V_T
Sentenal
SilentMartyr
Daniel Krispin
Hadriel

if there isn't a sudden rise in people participating then ill just make everyone bosses

sprites ill get to work on soon

oh and for the people already paticipating can you post some random lines of what you would say in the game

and what kind or sprite would you like square-enix represented as (i had lavos in mind)

and for the mascot, hehe i have somthing in mind :lol:

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2005, 02:03:21 pm »
Perhaps you should have to fight Square and Enix seperately? That way you can have some Square character represent Square...I'd make it one of their cute 'n' cuddly creatures like a mooglie or a chocobo. And then for Enix, you could have, like, I dunno...the hero from one of the Dragon Quests...I'd put that pink knight guy (DQ/W1 and I think 3...there's another pink knight sprite in 7 though i think) because, well, that's hilarious...or maybe a dragon...

more quotes...

I may not have a life in that I post in both the Compendium and Shock, but your mother still doesn't love you!

Get ready for my ultimate attack! No, wait...one more turn?

I'll make you as bloody as your girlfriend's menstral cycle! Oh wait! You don't have a girlfriend! BWAH HAHA!!!

Fuck getting killed. Getting killed's for the birds.

-and now just stealing quotes from 8BT's BM-

Oh sweet zombie jesus on a pogo-stick! We're (or I'm depending on the situation) screwed.

I should have mentioned this at the beginning. I solve my problems through violence.

And how are we (am I depending) supposed to do smart things? Just think them up?

Daniel Krispin

compendium VS shock
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2005, 04:08:46 pm »
Here's one for me:

'Fool! Vain boasting ever with words but not deeds, claiming to be far best amongst the fighters yet ever shrinking back when the hard strokes are dealt. Take this now, a gift from the murderous war-god!'

(Ummm... I was just reading the Iliad, and that borrows heavily in style and word-choice from that epic. A claim that the opponent is foolishly boasting, and calling into question his valour, is a common thread before a confrontation. Even the terms 'hard strokes' and 'murderous war god' are very similar to what I've read in the Iliad... though the latter is usually spoken of when it says someone was 'a match for the murderous lord of battles.')

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2005, 11:00:55 pm »
Perhaps you should have to fight Square and Enix seperately? That way you can have some Square character represent Square...I'd make it one of their cute 'n' cuddly creatures like a mooglie or a chocobo. And then for Enix, you could have, like, I dunno...the hero from one of the Dragon Quests...I'd put that pink knight guy (DQ/W1 and I think 3...there's another pink knight sprite in 7 though i think) because, well, that's hilarious...or maybe a dragon...

yeah thats a good idea ill do somthing like golden sun, you know how you fight those two (damn what were they called again) people second last boss then they merge into the big dragon... somthing along those lines.
but as for squar and enix how about

Square = mog riding chocobo

Enix = err i havent played Dragon Quest so ill need ideas on this one

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
compendium VS shock
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2005, 06:27:33 pm »
So what do I need to do?

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2005, 09:39:40 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
So what do I need to do?

post some line of what you will say in the game during cutscenes or during a battle

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2005, 12:26:12 am »

See that pink guy? That's who I was talking about...But, now that I think about it...the Dragon Warrior/Quest series has it's own cutesy character/monster who's shown prominantly throughout the series as well...

A Slime approaches!...

There are many different slimes...I'd probably go for the average blue slime though...

Plus, it'd just be plain awesome if a Chocobo riding Moogle merged with a Slime and made something ultra nasty or something :lol:

edit: oh yeah, and you have to include that "A Slime approaches" line for when you enter the Enix battle regardless...classic Dragon Quest/Warrior line really...

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
compendium VS shock
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2005, 02:19:20 am »
ok

"Well I don't have anything else planned for today, let's get drunk!"
"Hey, if there wasn’t some huge downside to doing something this stupid, it wouldn’t be worth doing, ya know?"
"Can't we have one meeting that doesn't end with digging up a corpse?"
"How hard can it be to kill this thing?"

Daniel Krispin

compendium VS shock
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2005, 02:27:08 am »
This is one taken directly in form from the Iliad:

"Chrono Shockites, Compendiumites who fight with logic, be men now! Remember your furious valour!"

Let's see what else...

"Be not overawed nor shaken by this foe, for mighty as he seems, vile and wicked as the most hideous of villains - very like Tiamat herself in power and wrathful sounds - destiny is strong upon him, and his fate of death is near!"

"Halt and make an accounting of yourselves, for all who pass these ways must make an answer, and say yea or nay, if they are servants of the good or evil will."

"Near at hands lie the crossroads of destiny, where the blind choices of man make safe or imperil the courses of the world."

"Make haste in this folly, and death will be your swift reward."

"Thanatos beckons, and the River is near. See to it that I die buried with Charon's coins in hand. I would be loath to wander the barren shores of Styx for eternity, and would if may be rest in Elysium or drink of Lethe."

"If ever I did aught that was good, let this spear not be vain, but rather find its mark at the heart, and banish this wicked foe!"

"Vain are the days of the body, forever those of a righteous spirit."

"Here now my winged words, mark well that which my breath imparts, nor disobey me: let us make swift our escape, and avoid the dark death."

So, what do you think of these? Does it make apparent my preferred style?