Author Topic: compendium VS shock  (Read 8480 times)

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2005, 03:38:18 am »
Quote from: SilentMartyr

"Well I don't have anything else planned for today, let's get drunk!"

i know exactely where im going to use that one :twisted:

Quote from: Daniel Krispin

So, what do you think of these? Does it make apparent my preferred style?

yes it does but  try and have some non-serious ones as well

-----------------------------------------

How Towns will work

Main Area-

this is where you will talk with people to advance the story line and just for the hell of it

Shopping Area-

where you buy stuff

Bar-

where you can save, rest, etc. The mascot will come into play here.
------------------------------

Finished the first test of what the mascot will look like. if this one isn't used something along these lines will.

tell me what you think

whoops a few stray white pixels around the ears

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2005, 11:50:26 pm »
Eh, I'm not so creative when it comes to dialogue, but I guess I'll give it a shot.  Wait, you know what?  Patton pwns all of you, so I'll take some quotes from good ol' General George Patton.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man."

"Just drive down that road, until you get blown up."

"War is an art and as such is not susceptible of explanation by fixed formula"

"All men are timid on entering any fight. Whether it is the first or the last fight, all of us are timid. Cowards are those who let their timidity get the better of their manhood."

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."

Someone who is creative, make up some quote for me.  But know I am a conservative bastard.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
compendium VS shock
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2005, 12:54:14 am »
Um, "But know I am a conservative bastard." sounds like a good quote to me...

Daniel Krispin

compendium VS shock
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2005, 02:31:09 am »
Quote from: saridon

Non-serious? What's that?
In honesty, though, I find humour extremely difficult unless, perchance, it is of a more ironic style. Or, maybe, a strange juxtuposition, such as the first one regarding the 'Compendiumites' was. I'm not much of a comedian, and all my writing and stories have humour at an extreme minimum, being rather sombre and morose in theme.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2005, 02:57:01 am »

In honesty, though, I find humour extremely difficult unless, perchance, it is of a more ironic style. Or, maybe, a strange juxtuposition, such as the first one regarding the 'Compendiumites' was. I'm not much of a comedian, and all my writing and stories have humour at an extreme minimum, being rather sombre and morose in theme.

...i see, what you could try doing is drunk talk since we do have a bar in this game but if not ,meh its not to much of a deal.

and peoples tell me what do you think of the first draft of the mascot.

Daniel Krispin

compendium VS shock
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2005, 03:06:28 am »

...i see, what you could try doing is drunk talk since we do have a bar in this game but if not ,meh its not to much of a deal.

and peoples tell me what do you think of the first draft of the mascot.

Unfortunately, I write like that even when I'm drunk. I've tried it.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
compendium VS shock
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2005, 06:44:36 am »
Just make Daniel like the opposite of most the others and the situations. Have him talk completely serious in the most completely rediculous and outlandish situations as a way to accentuate the rediculous absurdity. Wow, it totally looks like I spelt a whole bunch of those big words wrong...

The mascot looks cool I guess...For a red-clothed Ayla w/blue hair & bunny ears?

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2005, 07:26:52 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Just make Daniel like the opposite of most the others and the situations. Have him talk completely serious in the most completely rediculous and outlandish situations as a way to accentuate the rediculous absurdity. Wow, it totally looks like I spelt a whole bunch of those big words wrong...

The mascot looks cool I guess...For a red-clothed Ayla w/blue hair & bunny ears?

yeah that should work

and as for the "red-clothed Ayla w/blue hair & bunny ears" the bar is supposed be run by them
and ill give a special prize to the first person to figure out what kind of bar it is... cause i feel like it...

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
compendium VS shock
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2005, 11:15:48 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka

yeah that should work

and as for the "red-clothed Ayla w/blue hair & bunny ears" the bar is supposed be run by them
and ill give a special prize to the first person to figure out what kind of bar it is... cause i feel like it...

Umm... Coyote ugly theme?

Sentenal

• View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2005, 02:30:57 pm »
Its a good recolor/edit.

Question:  I need some sprites to do, so daniel, your guy uses a spear or sword?  whats his primary weapon?  If its a spear, I can make you a sprite sheet similar to Ephraim in my Avartar.

I'm gonna take a shot at some of these characters for battle sprites.

Daniel Krispin

compendium VS shock
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2005, 03:10:55 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
Its a good recolor/edit.

Question:  I need some sprites to do, so daniel, your guy uses a spear or sword?  whats his primary weapon?  If its a spear, I can make you a sprite sheet similar to Ephraim in my Avartar.

I'm gonna take a shot at some of these characters for battle sprites.

Spear, which was far more common in the ancient world than swords... actually, throughout most of history, come to think of it.

Sentenal

• View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2005, 08:09:38 pm »

Okay, hows that look?  I haven't animated yet, since I don't know if it would be wasted effort or not, since I don't know how these get into RPG maker XP.

Daniel Krispin

compendium VS shock
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2005, 10:48:39 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal

Okay, hows that look?  I haven't animated yet, since I don't know if it would be wasted effort or not, since I don't know how these get into RPG maker XP.

Ooooh. Very nice. Quite the perfect hoplite, I must say.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2005, 02:58:27 am »
nice work with the sprites Sentenal ill get to work on doing walking around sprites this week, the FE sprites seem to work exeptionaly well for battle sprites. :D

ill also write out the story for the game this week, and once i get more lines over at CS ill do the diolouge.

Sentenal

• View Profile
compendium VS shock
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2005, 12:10:07 am »
Okay, i'll try and do some more battle sprites.  People who wanted characters, post what you want your battle sprite to look like.  Nothing too fancy, mind you.  And if you guys have played a FE game before, let me know if it looks similar to any FE sprites.  Makes it alot easier.

I got just me and Daniel done for now.