Author Topic: Balthasar in Terra Tower/Viper Manor?  (Read 12216 times)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Balthasar in Terra Tower/Viper Manor?
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2005, 10:33:12 pm »
I kinda just sounds like she's mimicing Kid...to emphasize their similarities or something...Or maybe it's just her quirky sense of humor.

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2005, 11:11:13 pm »
But there is no reason to do that kind of joke, i think...
And then, there is the matter of her adding "Kid" to her own name.

What i think is: even if she was able to create a clone and send it to the past, if she really wanted that Kid would "connect" with Serge, a simple genetic replication of herself wouldn't do it. She would need to give this clone part of her soul. But not only the good or the bad part: Kid has both kindness, compassion, and anger, a wish to bring everything to nothing. Schala and Lavos, since it was already impossible for Schala to tell the difference between herself and the Lavos Spawn. So, Schala and Kid, will be both "uncomplete" people: that would explain Kid's attitude of being in permanent seek of something, as if she lacked something: a whole soul.

Maybe this is a bit rambling... but the point that they merge looks clear to me ^_^

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2005, 11:56:51 pm »
I don't like the term 'merge' since we never see a hint of Schala's personality, thus making me think that Schala 'gave up' her soul to create Kid. So, instead of thinking that Schala 'cloned' herself to make Kid, I think that she made herself reborn (I'd really like to see if Lucca acts particularly kindly to Schala to make her want to send herself/Kid to be found by Lucca).
So, in a sense, I do think that Kid 'merges' with Schala at the end, but in a different sense; I think that Kid accepts that she is Schala, and then either gives up her body (Kid) to return to Schala (I haven't decided if, once this happens, Schala will have Kid's memories), or retains her body (Kid) but reunites with Schala mentally (once again, either keeping both Kid's and Schala's memories, or maybe just Schala's)...

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2005, 12:19:31 am »
Schala's personality is somewhat explored in CT ^_^

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2005, 12:21:05 am »
If she give her soul to Kid to be rebord it's common sense that she will remeember all or will forget all

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2005, 02:01:40 am »
No, because memories are stored in your brain as neuronal paths... that cannot be cloned, nor it belongs to the soul, if we believe that the soul is something more "trascendental" ^_^

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2005, 02:05:20 am »
But in Chronopolis its stated that the soul CAN be cloned...

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2005, 02:17:20 am »
Yep, the soul maybe ^_^ (we don't know if Schala had means to do it, though), but not the memories. Memories have to be hard-written through experience.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2005, 02:36:43 am »
I forget, but I think it might have said memories too...and wasn't Kid created through the knowledge of Chronopolis or something? Sorry, my CC knowledge is severly lacking compared to my...well...Magus knowledge, let's say 8)

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2005, 02:38:42 am »
I know, i am in a similar situation... i haven't played them in a long time, and right now i am restarting in CT... that's why i came back to Chrono Compendium :D

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2005, 07:13:29 am »
In fact, is does say memories can be replicated, thus making a complete possible clone. But I don't think she actually gave a part of her soul to Kid. She cloned herself and sent the clone to Lucca. Her personality became cruel and violent due to a cruel and violent life. Maybe you should listen to what Froyd has to say about personalities and how they're formated. Kid only needs a brain to have a personality.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2005, 07:19:05 am »
if u are cloned, memories cant go with u, that is not right. EVERY HUMAN IS DIFFERENT. No matter what a clone does to you, it cant clone memories, likes or dislikes or general stuff like that. That is how every1 is different, due to memories, Kid would have no memories of schala's life in Zeal or of Lavos or anything that Schala knew. I dont think so anyway.

~LC

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2005, 07:24:39 am »
According to Chronopolis, it's possible to imitate the brain-waves that are actually memories. But Schala isn't from Chronopolis, now is she? Plus the fact I'm pretty sure that it's just a theory rather then a proven fact.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2005, 07:38:30 am »
well it would just be fact considering that no one(that i know of) has been cloned before, so we cant ever tell.

jotabe1789

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2005, 07:45:21 am »
Yes well... even though Freud's theories were interesting and gave birth to a new way to understand mind, they are nowadays quite outdated.
Our personality is about half environment and half DNA... and something else: since our thoughts, our memories, are nothing more than neuronal paths and weak electric currents, they are somehow sensitive to quantum fluctuations: so our very personality cannot be 100% determined, even if you know exactly someone's DNA and experiences. There is a random spark that makes each one of us different... the ignis divinum(the sacred flame), the soul, if you will ^_^