Author Topic: Engraving of Dreamstone / Flame at Fort Dragonia  (Read 4031 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Engraving of Dreamstone / Flame at Fort Dragonia
« on: August 07, 2006, 07:05:00 pm »
I'm uploading the Chrono Cross original trailer and commercial from Japan. But while watching, I finally caught something in a cut scene that had eluded us.

That's some guy sitting in front of either a piece of Dreamstone or the Frozen Flame. It completely matches up with CT's Dreamstone concept art, but why would they depict Dreamstone? On the other hand, it could be the Frozen Flame, simply distorted by ancient artists. In that respect, it is a little taller and slimmer than the Dreamstone art. Comments?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Engraving of Dreamstone / Flame at Fort Dragonia
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 06:13:41 am »
It totally looks like Dreamstone, which is disturbing because it brings up the Dreamstone/Frozen Flame similarity controversy again...

I'm going to say that it's supposed to be the Frozen Flame. Since the Dragonians most probably never seen the Flame themselves, they depicted it like they thought it could look like, Dreamstone.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 07:52:47 pm »
At first I always thought it was a painting of Glenn (Frog) holding the Masamune down to the floor.

The Dreamstone/FF conversation may be valid now...

Bauglir

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 09:48:13 pm »
Always thought it was Lavos, myself. I figure, they had to have built the fort some time after the Time Crash, since it seems to be a fairly well integrated piece of the main El Nido island. After the battle with Chronopolis, there were obviously survivors, and it may be that some were able to learn about Lavos via their connection to the planet, which would explain why that demo that Serge got included it. Besides, Dragonia seemed to be built along more mechanical and less biological guidelines than Terra Tower, suggesting that the Dragonian's technology had been strongly influenced by that of the humans.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 11:50:54 pm »
Maybe that the discovery of the dreamstone's potential leads the further development of mankind like the creation of the Zeal Kingdom.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 08:09:16 am »
If I recall correctly, the falling "Red Star" Lavos is also depicted during that cutscene... But is he depicted realistically, or does he appear as a random meteorite on fire or some stylized giant flame? If he's not realistic, I think this would prove that the Dragonians had no idea what Lavos and the Frozen Flame looked like.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 03:18:04 pm »
If I recall correctly, the falling "Red Star" Lavos is also depicted during that cutscene... But is he depicted realistically, or does he appear as a random meteorite on fire or some stylized giant flame? If he's not realistic, I think this would prove that the Dragonians had no idea what Lavos and the Frozen Flame looked like.

If my memory serves me right, it was a giant fireball in the sky (meteor). I am pretty sure it was a picture of just the flame and not of some spiked object. If this is so, then your statement of the Dragonians is correct.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 09:46:50 pm »
Remember though, that Azala also called Lavos the Red Star. And so did the Apes. Lavos was what it was named. Nobody knew what it was till Zeal appeared and they realized the existence of that power.
You might aswell compare Lavos to Genova. They didn't look like anything that they looked later when they fell. Jenova was trapped inside the meteor, Lavos was the meteor.
Also, the fact that the Dragonians are close to the Earth, and the Dragon God can communicate with it, the Dragonians could easily just find out from asking the Earth what happened in this dimension.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 01:38:43 pm »

If my memory serves me right, it was a giant fireball in the sky (meteor). I am pretty sure it was a picture of just the flame and not of some spiked object. If this is so, then your statement of the Dragonians is correct.

I've found some screenshots on a website. Lavos is depicted as a sort of stylized falling "sun":

Notice also that both the normal moon and the dark red moon are depicted on the engraving:

We know that the dark moon didn't exist in this dimension yet in 3,000,000 B.C., but it seems the Dragonians didn't know that. This may be evidence that the Dragonians had no clue what the Frozen Flame actually looked like.

kennyj2003

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 11:14:03 pm »
I always seen that, but I thought the figure was Serge when he dropped to his knee. Never noticed the dreamstone/flame image though cool find ^^

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 09:15:50 pm »
Thats because it is, and that little jewel thing probably isn't the jewel, probably some random engraving.

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 07:12:04 am »
The Lavos star is a little too spiked up. Almost as if they knew how Lavos looked...

Kebrel

• Springtime of Youth
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • नार्य काम संस्कृत
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 08:52:14 pm »
it is possable that they knew what lavos look like. But back then they weren't to advanced, A child now might be on par with a grown dragonian back then. And if a child were to draw a monster it would have spikes, spikes are scary.

DMagusEdwards

• Porrean (+50)
  • Kill...Loot...Repeat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 10:54:04 am »
Perhaps the red object is a depiction of Lavos. This brings up my theory. Dragonians KNEW what Lavos looked like because they have seen it. {he, she, it? kinda confusing.} My theory is that Lavos did appear in Reptite Dimension, but he missed the planet. He may have hit a neighboring one and started the whole thing on that planet. When that planet's Day of Lavos comes around, some Reptite/Dragonians {Whichever was there at the time} may have spotted the big red dot shooting fireballs across the globe.

Just a theory...

alpha

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 12:46:59 pm »
that is a decent idea......or maybe lavos landed on the moon of thje reptite world just slamed into the back of th ebig moon. heh or even slammed into the smaller moon shoving it behind the larger moon.... and as things tend to affect eachtoehr indirectly in the CC universe.. when the moon from one dimension moves behind the larger moon so do they all